What a farce? Expatvac registration a joke.

giddyup

14 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

The Thai government has said all foreigners residing in Thailand will be vaccinated at no charge. Tourists, on tourist visas, are not entitled to the free vaccinations. This is why you need to show your visa or extension.

I showed extension and still got refused as my post explains.

19 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

There is your answer. The instructions said Visa.

Nope I registered successfully using PP photo and EXTENSION photo.

Received an SMS from a hospital in Bangkok for an appointment, but, as I'd already got a Pfizer shot at Medpark, kindly declined their offer.

SMS reply straight back "No problem" 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

In the long run, it doesn’t matter if you registered….they will be taking walk-ins on 2 days next week born on or before 1956 in CM…

It helps though if you do get that 13 digit # to show that you made an effort to register and you will be met with less scrutiny…

yes, it has been very disorganized from the start,,,,,that said, eventually expats have been getting their shots…

bottom line - not efficient but at least effective…just got to chill out as you are on Thai time not your usual western management timeline 

same same noodle stand

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

As I read it the robot said you had successfully filled in all the boxes and sent two photographs. So the robot sent an automated reply. When a human reviewed what you had sent it was deemed incorrect, so they sent you a failed notice. 

I think it is wrong of you to complain if you didn't follow the instructions. 

Just my take. I didn't even receive an email, just a phone call.

I've had no replies, but luckily my provincial registration came through, I've had my 1st jab and have a date for the 2nd, both AZ

When I get a reply from the government one I'll just ignore it.

• Like 1

@giddyupDo you mean expatvac.consular.go.th ? because the original expatvac didn't require that at all, I registered with Samithivej Chonburi when it went live on the original expatvac site, I have since had my first AZ jab, just marking time till the 2nd one ????

Incidentally, I to received the you have successfully registered email only to be told to eff off a week later for same reason as you by expatvac.consular.go.th. Chill mate, you'll get there ????????????????

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Has anyone asked them why they need visa info? What possible relevance it has to receiving the vaccine? Why they are refusing to vaccinate because they haven't submitted the right piece of paper? Why paperwork is more important to them than safeguarding someone's health and that of others? Why they need proof of a visa when my local hospital didn't require it when I was vaccinated last Sunday? Anyone?

Had my 1st Pfiser in Udon Thani last week after speaking with the village clinic who arranged everything, passport and a smile was all that was needed.

• Like 1

Based on your posting I think you got things a bit mix up?  I did the same registration the process as I remember you

A. You register your email then you get a response back email registration of your email address is successful there is a link you click.

B. Once you click that is when you are registrating for the vaccine you fill out the required items and upload your front passport picture and visa ( for whatever reason I wasn't able to upload both just the front picture page )  then submit.

C. Once that is done you get another email that you successfully register it clearly say you must now wait and for confirmation of date, time and location once you get that you have 24 hours to confirm!.

It isn't until you get an email with specific date, time and location and confirm back that you are actually successful.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Based on your posting I think you got things a bit mix up?  I did the same registration the process as I remember you

A. You register your email then you get a response back email registration of your email address is successful there is a link you click.

B. Once you click that is when you are registrating for the vaccine you fill out the required items and upload your front passport picture and visa ( for whatever reason I wasn't able to upload both just the front picture page )  then submit.

C. Once that is done you get another email that you successfully register it clearly say you must now wait and for confirmation of date, time and location once you get that you have 24 hours to confirm!.

It isn't until you get an email with specific date, time and location and confirm back that you are actually successful.

No mix up. Registered successfully (read my original post) and received confirmation email in which I was told to wait for email confirming appointment. Next email said I failed to provide the correct details, which is total BS. Understand?

Just now, giddyup said:

No mix up. Registered successfully (read my original post) and received confirmation email in which I was told to wait for email confirming appointment. Next email said I failed to provide the correct details, which is total BS. Understand?

Someone who has gone through the process like me might be able to set you straight,  the only successful is you were able to register your email address!  and yes received confirmation email in which you was TOLD TO WAIT FOR EMAIL CONFIRMING APPOINTMENT WHICH YOU NEVER GOT INSTEAD YOU GOT THE MESSAGE YOU POSTED! 

See I got the same thing I waited then I actually got an email with date, time and location with I confirm with 24 hours I got my shot and will be getting the second shot Sat 4th.

In the end, you never got the final email with the date and time, you got a message back now telling you uploaded was incomplete and wrong reason your experience is not turning out right!  You aren't successful until you get that final email!

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

The Thai government has said all foreigners residing in Thailand will be vaccinated at no charge. Tourists, on tourist visas, are not entitled to the free vaccinations. This is why you need to show your visa or extension.

I'm going to suggest, from what I've read over several months, that your comment is nonsense. That what few tourists there are who need a visa, which is mostly those from Africa, are barred from receiving a free vaccination. That all of the hospitals and vaccination centres that have been set up and offer a free vaccine will turn you away if you don't show a visa. I emphasise all, as if there are exceptions then what is the point, and also my own local hospital did not need to see a visa or extension to prove I wasn't a tourist. I stand to be corrected, as I have no personal experience of other vaccination stations. But, as I said, if mine doesn't need a visa to give a free vaccine then why do others?

My hospital did what they are trained to do, rather than get involved in unnecessary bureaucracy and red tape. As happens throughout the world, where you don't have to show government paperwork to receive the vaccine. As far as I know, only those who have applied through a government-backed website have had to show evidence of a visa or extension. Actually, none I've seen have even made any reference to an extension, only visas.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm going to suggest, from what I've read over several months, that your comment is nonsense. That what few tourists there are who need a visa, which is mostly those from Africa, are barred from receiving a free vaccination. That all of the hospitals and vaccination centres that have been set up and offer a free vaccine will turn you away if you don't show a visa. I emphasise all, as if there are exceptions then what is the point, and also my own local hospital did not need to see a visa or extension to prove I wasn't a tourist. I stand to be corrected, as I have no personal experience of other vaccination stations. But, as I said, if mine doesn't need a visa to give a free vaccine then why do others?

My hospital did what they are trained to do, rather than get involved in unnecessary bureaucracy and red tape. As happens throughout the world, where you don't have to show government paperwork to receive the vaccine. As far as I know, only those who have applied through a government-backed website have had to show evidence of a visa or extension. Actually, none I've seen have even made any reference to an extension, only visas.

Not sure about the other vaccine like Sinovac, Sinopham and AZ, but as you noted government backed website if you are a foreigner and your choice is Pfizer when you check in they scroll through the pages to look for your visa at least that was in my case for the Pfizer. When I was resting after my first shot, a number of Brits or Aussie were next to me one guy was asking why his friend got the Pfizer and he got the AZ, from the conversation the one that got the AZ was only on a Tourist and was extending it since he didn't want to go home? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Someone who has gone through the process like me might be able to set you straight,  the only successful is you were able to register your email address!  and yes received confirmation email in which you was TOLD TO WAIT FOR EMAIL CONFIRMING APPOINTMENT WHICH YOU NEVER GOT INSTEAD YOU GOT THE MESSAGE YOU POSTED! 

See I got the same thing I waited then I actually got an email with date, time and location with I confirm with 24 hours I got my shot and will be getting the second shot Sat 4th.

In the end, you never got the final email with the date and time, you got a message back now telling you uploaded was incomplete and wrong reason your experience is not turning out right!  You aren't successful until you get that final email!

It's all moot anyway. Received an appointment from a local hospital and had my first Pfizer shot, but it seems some people got appointments through Expatvac filling out the application exactly the same as I did. Good thing I didn't rely on it.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Because the deal was that the 150,000 Pfizer shots out of the 1.5m donated by the U.S. would go to foreigners who live here. To ascertain if someone is living here, visa required. 

Before someone goes that the US government is on the record as saying that there was no such deal, does anyone really think that the Thai government would offer that Pfizer to foreigners from the goodness of their own heart? the reason the program was run by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and not Health speaks volumes that there was an under the table deal. 

4 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Because the deal was that the 150,000 Pfizer shots out of the 1.5m donated by the U.S. would go to foreigners who live here. To ascertain if someone is living here, visa required. 

Before someone goes that the US government is on the record as saying that there was no such deal, does anyone really think that the Thai government would offer that Pfizer to foreigners from the goodness of their own heart? the reason the program was run by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and not Health speaks volumes that there was an under the table deal. 

might just as well given it to the Afghan government

Edited by malibukid

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's all moot anyway. Received an appointment from a local hospital and had my first Pfizer shot, but it seems some people got appointments through Expatvac filling out the application exactly the same as I did. Good thing I didn't rely on it.

All is good in the end you got your vaccine that is the most important thing.  Stay safe and enjoy! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What a rude, ignorant person you are! You asked a question which I answered. Then you rubbish my answer! ????

I certainly have no interest in reading the rest of your boring diatribe above. Life is too short! ????????????

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

What a rude, ignorant person you are! You asked a question which I answered. Then you rubbish my answer! ????

I certainly have no interest in reading the rest of your boring diatribe above. Life is too short! ????????????

I'm entitled to my opinion, as you are to yours, but what you wrote is wrong. At least one other commentator has offered that it might mean they receive a different vaccine, not that they were refused, describing that one person on a tourist visa at his vaccination centre received AZ as he was on a tourist visa while someone there with a non-tourist visa received Pfizer.

So your statement that "Tourists, on tourist visas, are not entitled to the free vaccinations" is nonsense, whether saying so offends you or not. You made a sweeping statement that just isn't true. Telling you the truth isn't being rude and ignorant. The ignorance comes from making a sweeping statement that isn't borne out by the facts. If you can't accept that, up to you. But don't call me rude and ignorant for correcting you.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Parsve said:

I understand that pretty well, and I also understand that many of those don not want to be vaccinated because what they are offered is Chinese vaccin that have been proofed to not protect from the delta-variation that now is most common in Thailand. Also the Chinese vaccin give higher risk for partial facial paralysis (you can read about that in Lancet). Finally, no other country believe in the mix of vaccines that Thailand prefer to give. So yes, I understand, and I also understand why. Do you?   

Of course I understand, that's why I asked you the question .....

...... and it is not just fear of Sinovac (which as about innocuous as you can get)..................... some retard in a village says "somebody died from the vaccine" ... cue fear factor against ANY vaccine.

Edited by hotandsticky

59 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm entitled to my opinion, as you are to yours, but what you wrote is wrong. At least one other commentator has offered that it might mean they receive a different vaccine, not that they were refused, describing that one person on a tourist visa at his vaccination centre received AZ as he was on a tourist visa while someone there with a non-tourist visa received Pfizer.

So your statement that "Tourists, on tourist visas, are not entitled to the free vaccinations" is nonsense, whether saying so offends you or not. You made a sweeping statement that just isn't true. Telling you the truth isn't being rude and ignorant. The ignorance comes from making a sweeping statement that isn't borne out by the facts. If you can't accept that, up to you. But don't call me rude and ignorant for correcting you.

Okay, enough of your pathetic tripe, you're on my block list from now on. :mfr_closed1:

Edited by Chris.B

I had no problems registering on the first day the Expatvac site was opened.  However, I did have a question I wanted clarified.  I called the support number given to ask if my registration could be amended the next day after obtaining a medical certificate from my doctor regarding my having one of the seven underlying conditions listed to receive vaccine priority.  A very pleasant Thai woman who spoke excellent English checked with her supervisor and then suggested that I resubmit my registration the following day using a different email address.  I did that and received an email with an appointment for my first shot the following week.  That initial vaccine, Pfizer, was administered very smoothly and professionally.  I am now scheduled to receive my second Pfizer inoculation at he end of next week.  I found the web site to be extremely professionally operated.  I have nothing but gratitude for the way everything has been handled thus far.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shdmn said:

How do some of you manage to get out of bed in the morning and tie your shoe laces or use the velco straps on your sandals? 

I hear the velcro straps on sandals can be a little tricky when you're wearing socks!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

@giddyupDo you mean expatvac.consular.go.th ? because the original expatvac didn't require that at all, I registered with Samithivej Chonburi when it went live on the original expatvac site, I have since had my first AZ jab, just marking time till the 2nd one ????

Incidentally, I to received the you have successfully registered email only to be told to eff off a week later for same reason as you by expatvac.consular.go.th. Chill mate, you'll get there ????????????????

That was intervac not expatvac! Do try and keep up.

17 hours ago, lordblackader said:

You sound like a voracious "between the lines" reader