The green Covid Vaccine Certificate - and how you get it.

OneMoreFarang

23 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Mor Prom App --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mor.promplus

Yes, it's nice to finally have a Thai ID number.

Easy to install and use, shows my first dose. (top right pick with computer screen and dripping syringe).

No certificate yet for me until I get my second dose.

If you've been vaccinated here then you now have a Thai ID number. 13 digits, begins with 600000nnnnnnn, should be somewhere in your vaccination paperwork.

I got my first AZ vaccination at Bang Sue, but can't see any number on the paperwork starting 600000.......

Do you only get said number after 2nd jab?

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

One obvious option would be to buy a smartphone. It's useful for many other things as well. ????

In today's world it is an unnecessary handicap to be without a smart phone, since phone apps are obviously so thoroughly integrated into all levels of modern life. Every phone company offers them with payment plans, or you can get an older one secondhand very cheaply. I use a 64g iphone 5s that I bought from ebay, and immediately sold my older one also on ebay. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Easy to install and use, shows my first dose. (top right pick with computer screen and dripping syringe).

If you've been vaccinated here then you now have a Thai ID number. 13 digits, begins with 600000nnnnnnn, should be somewhere in your vaccination paperwork.

You people are driving me crazy. I ahve 2 vaccine certificates and no ID number 6000 or anything else???

12 minutes ago, ronjomtien said:

You people are driving me crazy. I ahve 2 vaccine certificates and no ID number 6000 or anything else???

I think the vaccination number might be district related. It would seem that some places can process without it. Thinking again, the 600000... might be related to the number of vaccines given via the Pfizer USA donation which of course is very limited and therefore might require careful planning.

Thanks so much Farang….just downloaded on my iPhone. I got my first Phizer yesterday at Bumrangrad and they gave me a card to show at my second jab in 3 weeks. This card had a 600000 number that I entered along with my phone # and was able to see all info about my jab yesterday.

Very good experience yesterday….in and out in 1 hour including the 30 minute wait time after the shot. Only bummer was traveling 4 hours each way from Kamphaeng Phet…..damn, bkk is a ghost town, no traffic which was great for this trip.

By the way, I was registered on both expatvac and Bumrangrad.

Edited by claynlr
Addition
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joeb said:

Got 1st Pfizer vaccine at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. No 13 digit code.

I received AZ at same location about 10 days back. The code was on the paperwork that was kept by the hospital. Luckily I took a photo of the papers and, with the code, was able to register on the app.

Likely you will get the info when you receive the 2nd jab. If needed earlier, give them a call.

I got my first jab at a local walk-in with the wife on the 25th. All we got was a handwritten slip. I am willing to bet on the secod jab we dont get anything so fancy as a certificate.

I suspect unless you had a proper hospital appoinment for your jab, you won't be eating-in for a while yet.

IMG_4504.JPG

I got my first jab at a local walk-in with the wife on the 25th. All we got was a handwritten slip. I am willing to bet on the secod jab we dont get anything so fancy as a certificate.

I suspect unless you had a proper hospital appoinment for your jab, you won't be eating-in for a while yet.

21 hours ago, Winegeeker said:

It won’t show up until 2nd shot, then you will get another paper

I've only had one shot, and the record of that shows up already (and I didn't register through Mor Prom).

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

Thinking again, the 600000... might be related to the number of vaccines given via the Pfizer USA donation which of course is very limited and therefore might require careful planning.

I received the Thai-made AZ - not Pfizer - and was assigned a 60000xxxxx number, so I'm quite sure there's no relation.

• Thanks 1

Works like a charm. 

Only funny thing is they ran my first and middle names into one loooong name.

Whatever. 

Look forward to getting the full Certificate after my next Pfizer shot on 13th.

Thanks for sharing the info. 

PS. I assume this 13 digit "ID" number is applicable only to this app and the vaccination program ? Not useable elsewhere ??

Blah blah blah 

The director of my provincial hospital said it a yellow book and that she can make for be travel.  I just want ro fly to Amsterdam in October and he able to return to my home instead of being quaratine in bkk. I am getting so bored of this <deleted>. I am going to feed my stallion  a carrot. 

Edited by arick

If anybody else has the problem of getting an "API Error" when trying to register on the Mor Prom App: Call 02-7922333 (which is apparently the Mor Prom call center, surprisingly the guy that I had on the phone spoke decent english) and explain the issue to them. For me the issue was that they did NOT have a record of my phone number on their system (even though the mobile number was shown on my Vaccine Appointment Card that I was given!!) and therefore I could not register with the ID Number given on the Vaccine Appointment Card. The Call center staff updated the missing mobile number and I was then able to register immediately without a problem!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I asked the hospital about a vaccine cert, got this reply;

"Well received your email, you will get a medical certificate that mentioned you have got 2 shots from us.

No worries, we will hand it to you when you have completely received the 2nd dose. 
Thank you"

That's one Thai who learned English from an Aussie!  ???? 
It does answer the question though.
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2021 at 8:09 AM, mtls2005 said:

My vaccination certificate shows my passport number!!!

1 hour ago, TomnearCentral said:

If anybody else has the problem of getting an "API Error" when trying to register on the Mor Prom App: Call 02-7922333 (which is apparently the Mor Prom call center, surprisingly the guy that I had on the phone spoke decent english) and explain the issue to them. For me the issue was that they did NOT have a record of my phone number on their system (even though the mobile number was shown on my Vaccine Appointment Card that I was given!!) and therefore I could not register with the ID Number given on the Vaccine Appointment Card. The Call center staff updated the missing mobile number and I was then able to register immediately without a problem!

Only available from 9am-5pm!

I suppose if I get two 'booster' shots in  Thailand then I'm eligible for their covid card. Right now I have two Moderna shots from America but only a little piece of paper stating the two shots, dates, and respective batches. 

19 hours ago, TKDfella said:

I asked about that number. I was told it is not an ID number but a vaccination number which apparently for foreigners, starts with the 600000. The Thai ID number is in your yellow house registration book, if you have one. The Pink ID card differs from this in that it also has another number on the reverse side of the card.

Who did you ask? Who told you it is "apparently" vaccination number?

Yes, we all know about the yellow house book, and the pink id card.

The government assigned some, who registered for and received a vaccination, a unique 13 digit ID number, and the numbering scheme follows the Thai ID standard with a "6" in place #1 denoting a foreigner living in Thailand temporarily.

Can this number be used in all the scenarios where a pink id card can? My guess would be no.

However, I was able to use new ID number once, so far. And it was accepted.

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Who did you ask? Who told you it is "apparently" vaccination number?

Yes, we all know about the yellow house book, and the pink id card.

The government assigned some, who registered for and received a vaccination, a unique 13 digit ID number, and the numbering scheme follows the Thai ID standard with a "6" in place #1 denoting a foreigner living in Thailand temporarily.

Can this number be used in all the scenarios where a pink id card can? My guess would be no.

However, I was able to use new ID number once, so far. And it was accepted.

When I received the appointment certificate ใขนัดหมาย after the jab I noticed that that the ID number เลขประจำตัวประชาชน was not the same as in my yellow book so I questioned it. One of the few chaps entering details on the computer told me it was a vaccination number and not a Thai ID number.

• Thanks 2

On 8/28/2021 at 1:09 PM, mtls2005 said:

Its not a Thai ID number.

I had one already (Pink card and yellow book) and the ID number for the vaccination isn't the same as my Thai ID number.

As a matter of note, numbers starting with 6 are for foreigners who have permanent residency. 

1 hour ago, roath said:

Its not a Thai ID number.

I had one already (Pink card and yellow book) and the ID number for the vaccination isn't the same as my Thai ID number.

As a matter of note, numbers starting with 6 are for foreigners who have permanent residency. 

Maybe so , but calling it an ID card number is confusing then.

05B99DE3-A137-4423-A0BF-DD6E005AFBCA.thumb.jpeg.725172f263aa1ec29fcf3f841b487e80.jpeg

(From my MedPark vaccination certificate.)

I don’t have a yellow book, pink ID card or PR either.

1 hour ago, roath said:

6     Foreign nationals who are living in Thailand temporarily and illegal migrants
8     Foreign nationals who are living in Thailand permanently or Thai nationals by naturalization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_identity_card

1 hour ago, roath said:

I thought that was "8" for permanent residents?

And "6" was for temporary?

Clearly I've struck a nerve so I'll back off and agree to call it a "Thai Vaccination ID number".

My Thai Vaccination ID number works exactly as a Thai national ID number works for the Mor Prom + app.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Haha 1