Thailand's daily COVID-19 cases drop below 20,000 for 8th successive day

Jonathan Fairfield

Poll points to low confidence in governments ability to deal with Covid

The majority of Thai citizens want the government to tackle the Covid-19 crisis more effectively, according to a Suan Dusit Poll survey on Sunday.

Dr Kwannapha Sukkhon, Suan Dusit University Lampang Centre director, said what people want the most is effective management by the government, procurement of effective vaccines, treating all people equally and enabling economic recovering.

"The public is disappointed with the government because their move to hand out subsidies and relief supplies was not the way to solve the Covid-19 crisis," she said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005430

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

They sure are trying to prove to the World that they have the situation under control with reports like this.... 

But in reality that is not the case,, in Issan the infection rate is soring, but villagers are the forgotten people..... 

Which province would that soring be happening? 

7 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Numbers down, testing down. Probably see testing going down to 40k and infection numbers dropping accordingly. As for the vaccination number of 915,738 doses in one day I think works out to more than 10 people per second recieving a jab. Correct me if I'm wrong. 86,400 seconds in a day.

As I have previously posted a friend and 155 others where he works recieved their 2nd AZ jab just 3 wks after their first. How many others have had the same thing. A very good way to increase double jabbed numbers rapidly. I hope this is picked up by news outlets. Complete sham that puts the health and longer term protection of the recipients at risk. 

My Missus had her first Pfizer jab yesterday( Saturday) and the Appointment made for her second Jab is only in 3 Weeks ( 21 Days ) time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

They sure are trying to prove to the World that they have the situation under control with reports like this.... 

But in reality that is not the case,, in Issan the infection rate is soring, but villagers are the forgotten people..... 

That is not what I see and hear around Udon, Sakon Nakhon, Nong Bua Lamphu, Loei at all. Infection rates are pretty stable at a manageable level. Where in Isaan is the infection rate soaring? 

19 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

My Missus had her first Pfizer jab yesterday( Saturday) and the Appointment made for her second Jab is only in 3 Weeks ( 21 Days ) time.

Same for all those getting Pfizer in Pattaya.....

• Like 1

More AZ coming from Europe too according to this.

Thai government has negotiated the purchase of two million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine per month with the European Union and the procurement of 2.5-3 million doses of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine per month from September to December.

He disclosed that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has assigned the Ministry of Public Health to procure vaccines to be administered to 12 to 18 year olds, to boost their immunity before the reopening of schools and colleges, adding that the CCSA has already worked out the “Sandbox Safety Zone in Schools” program, to be trialled in some selected boarding schools.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/signs-of-improving-covid-19-situation-in-thailand/

35 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I strongly suspect Thailand will gain most of its immunity the old fashioned way - through infection.

Also they may have a lot more immunity 'in the bank' than they realise due to last years outbreak...

Now down to local education authorities to decide on school openings. With Phuket being the model for the opening of the rest of Thailand then one would think that the education of the kids would come first before the tourists, the schools there are still closed.

"It has just been published in the Royal Gazette that all types of schools or educational institutions are able to use the campus for teaching, learning, exams etc, with a large number of participants with permission and direction from the local education authority #Thailand"

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1431922009353588738

• Like 1

Royal Gazette: From 1st September, restaurants can open until 8pm. Air-conditioned premises can only have 50% occupancy. Small food shops with good ventilation, or ones outside, can seat up to 75%. No mention of vaccinated customers, but that could be a provincial order later.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1431923717873930242

After all the fuss and drama about customers having to be vaccinated in order to eat at restaurants and visit high risk places in the dark red zone, there’s no mention of it in the Royal Gazette published today. However, I wouldn’t put it past the Bangkok Governor to add it.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1431928628091121664

Edited by Bkk Brian

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Royal Gazette: From 1st September, restaurants can open until 8pm. Air-conditioned premises can only have 50% occupancy. Small food shops with good ventilation, or ones outside, can seat up to 75%. No mention of vaccinated customers, but that could be a provincial order later.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1431923717873930242

TPN media notes the Royal Gazette made no direct mention of the previously announced “pilot program” around requiring all staff AND customers to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, take a negative test within 72 hours, or recovered from Covid-19 within 3 months. However, they did state (see bottom of this article) that all prescribed measures from the Ministry of Public Health around “Universal Prevention” must be followed as directed by local authorities. “Universal Prevention” is the name of the pilot program that contains these rules.

It is unclear as of right now if the vaccination requirement will be enforced or is also a request, more information should be released by each province’s governor and communicable disease committee.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/29/royal-gazette-officially-announces-relaxation-of-covid-19-preventive-measures-including-restaurants-reopening-in-dark-red-zone-provinces/

I was really surprised to read in the Royal Gazette that schools are allowed to re-open. Though in the dark red zone it would mean no classes bigger than 25 students. However, reading further it says permission & guidance must be given by local authorities. So, passing the buck.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1431927880414494729

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More AZ coming from Europe too according to this.

Thai government has negotiated the purchase of two million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine per month with the European Union and the procurement of 2.5-3 million doses of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine per month from September to December.

He disclosed that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has assigned the Ministry of Public Health to procure vaccines to be administered to 12 to 18 year olds, to boost their immunity before the reopening of schools and colleges, adding that the CCSA has already worked out the “Sandbox Safety Zone in Schools” program, to be trialled in some selected boarding schools.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/signs-of-improving-covid-19-situation-in-thailand/

'sandbox safety zones in schools'

I wonder when the gogos of Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy and Pattaya will be opening, with this rampant paranoia.

2030?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I've already seen the rules for those, a couple of weeks ago my daughters school was sent this, needless to say 85% of parents turned down the offer, if your going to open then open with reasonable measures not these.

If a school was to open under the Phuket Schools Sandbox Pilot (Only from Preschool to Year 4) the following would need to apply:

• All people above 18 years old, in the household of the child would need to be fully vaccinated. This would include maids and nannies. Proof of the vaccinations would have to be submitted to the school prior to 1st September.
  • Children would need to be tested for Covid before they enter the school for the first time, and once every two-weeks after. Parents would need to pay for the costs of these tests.
  • If a child in a class tested positive for Covid, that child would need to be taken to hospital (field hospital which is free of charge or a private hospital at parents cost), where they would need to stay for 14 days.
  • All class members in that childs homeroom, parents and all family members in the household would need to spend 14 days in local quarantine (free of charge), or 14 days in an ALQ venue at the cost of the parents. This would include siblings in other classes.
  • If a case is found in any class, that class must close for 14 days.

From the conditions above, this is not something that we think parents should consider without due process and thought, and I know that there are many parents who are not yet vaccinated. I will therefore send out a survey to Preschool to Year 4 parents to gather your thoughts.

My mates kid goes to Rugby school in Pattaya. They are going to try a sandbox boarding bubble where the kids live on campus. Catch is you have to pay an extra 80,000 baht for a term !!!! He is not happy, already paying a full terms fees for online learning, and cant afford the extra on top.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry Black said:

My mates kid goes to Rugby school in Pattaya. They are going to try a sandbox boarding bubble where the kids live on campus. Catch is you have to pay an extra 80,000 baht for a term !!!! He is not happy, already paying a full terms fees for online learning, and cant afford the extra on top.

The Thai's know how to do it.

Now the fun starts, kiss your 60 baht beers goodbye.

Closed for 6 months, now it's time to get recoup those loses.

Thinking about a working getaway? Here are the world’s top 10 spots for ‘workations’

The pandemic work-from-home phenomenon has made the idea of working vacations, whether abroad or closer to home, more feasible for many.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/29/here-are-the-worlds-top-spots-for-working-vacations.html

Bangkok ranked No. 1 on a new list of top global “workation” destinations from Holidu.co.uk.

Bangkok ranked No. 1 on a new list of top global "workation" destinations from Holidu.co.uk.

• Like 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 15,972 new coronavirus cases and 17,281 recoveries

2021-08-29T101845Z_1_LYNXMPEH7S04S_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A woman gets vaccinated at the Central Vaccination Center as Thailand opens walk-in for first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccination scheme for elders, people with a minimum weight of 100 kilograms and pregnant women amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Bangkok, Thailand, July 26, 2021. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Monday (August 30) reported 15,972 new COVID-19 cases, 17,281 recoveries and 256 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1229257-covid-19-thailand-reports-15972-new-coronavirus-cases-and-17281-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin