Is it against condo to have an outside BBQ

I think it was a little bold of you after the management told you you can't barbecue and you asked to see  the rule in English only, don't you think? On the other hand maybe you should have invited the tattletale for a bite to eat and a drink! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Got me thinking. Living in a Condo, How or what do you use to light the BBQ? Me, have many palm trees and the fallen leaves are very flammable, a little dry limbs from tree. Can you buy little bundles of BBQ starter, What? 

Charcoal is sold in the stores near me. No issues if needed.

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Charcoal is sold in the stores near me. No issues if needed.

Understand charcoal sold, I buy 20tbh for small bag. But what do you light it with? You live in a condo with no wood scraps handy. Usually started with a bit of wood and put charcoal atop.

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

Understand charcoal sold, I buy 20tbh for small bag. But what do you light it with? You live in a condo with no wood scraps handy. Usually started with a bit of wood and put charcoal atop.

Liquid starter. Of the fire cubes. Newspaper works also when you use the chimney.

image.png.119622f9c3fed2292f6a788088c919f4.png

On 8/29/2021 at 11:09 PM, FritsSikkink said:

We decided to have one near the back entrance . How can the back entrance be far away from any building?

Maybe one of the main entrances to the Baan with buildings as remote as 4-500 m????? Ever imagined this possibility??? 

There's probably a "catch all" in the rules about doing anything that can be considered a nuisance to other owners, BBQ smoke would definitely be included.

It is illegal to have any gas bottle or gas appliance in a condo, it's not a matter of rules but the law of the land.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Homepro, or even Lazada. Homepro sells grills.

I just looked at Lazada and there it is, fire starters. I started my time here in Isaan where they use a piece of inner tube, plastic bottle or some times a piece of flip flop to start fire. No longer there. I use napkin soaked in cooking oil to start the wood, then throw on the charcoal. Man your way is high tech, going to try the fire starters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

There's probably a "catch all" in the rules about doing anything that can be considered a nuisance to other owners, BBQ smoke would definitely be included.

It is illegal to have any gas bottle or gas appliance in a condo, it's not a matter of rules but the law of the land.

Which law are you referring to? When was it Gazetted? Total BS!

• Thanks 2

I have come to learn over the years of renting out property in Phuket BBQ's are a bad idea, what happens at a typical BBQ? people get <deleted> and do stupid things like leave it on all night, which has happened bye the way, 

I once built 4 bungalows for a friend of mine and him being an Aussie thought it was a good idea to put a BBQ it lasted about 3 months before he asked me to take it out, to start with not many people cleaned up after using it, people complaining in the other bungalows because of the smoke, And a Fire Hazard 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I own a condo and that is in the rules "No Gas Bottles"

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, The Theory said:

If you want your condo common area becomes just like Thai beaches, keep doing it. There are many fast learners who are waiting to copy your idea then your common area becomes like a trash bean. 

Maybe not only Thai beaches... Worth thinking about..

And soon everybody will be having bbqs and not so many will clean up plus the risk of fire and the smell. It may not be in the regulations its more like common sense has there are other people to consider imagine it the other way around somebody set up a fish stall near your condo and the smell was bad I'm sure theres no regulation that says they cant sell fish 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:01 PM, steven100 said:

have it on your balcony if possible  .

yep i do got a electric bbq  i can understand the dangers of large gas ones or charcoal but electric ones no probs there are some good ones in the stores ..good ..clean ..safe  enjoy your BBQ

• Like 1

Just now, Harveyboy said:

yep i do got a electric bbq  i can understand the dangers of large gas ones or charcoal but electric ones no probs there are some good ones in the stores ..good ..clean ..safe  enjoy your BBQ

Is this because you don't have a perfectly good kitchen about 5 paces away? Only joshing.

On 8/29/2021 at 8:02 PM, karl2007 said:

We ignored him and carried on cooking. He then called the Jursitic office and some the management came over and told us to stop cooking as its against regulation. I asked him to show me this regulation in English to confirm.

That kind of behaviour gets you known as a troublemaker. It might not be an issue immediately but there’ll be a time when you need help from the jurisdictions office and it’ll be remembered. IMO it’s always best to follow the condo rules, even if they’re not in English.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

That kind of behaviour gets you known as a troublemaker. It might not be an issue immediately but there’ll be a time when you need help from the jurisdictions office and it’ll be remembered. IMO it’s always best to follow the condo rules, even if they’re not in English.

Well said.

Rules are there for the common good.

It really is a no brainer.

Just follow the rules.

• Like 1