Thai PM faces parliamentary grilling as protests persist

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

They accuse the former army chief and five of his cabinet ministers, including deputy prime minister and health minister Anutin Charnvirakul, of corruption, economic mismanagement and of bungling the government's coronavirus response.

Better he pleads guilty to all points .

It all could have been done much better than he and his " crew members " , did .

But , of course , he will deny it all and find excuses or somebody or something else to blame . He's a politician , after all ...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Benmart said:

He's a General masquerading as a politician.

I know .

He should have stayed a general only , commanding his subordinates .

But he took the job of a politician , something he is not good at .

To be a good politician , ( they should all be replaced with AI to stop the corruption . Everywhere . ) , he needs to be a diplomat , too .

Is that the case here ? I doubt it .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Worries, what worries he's got it sewn up.

Sewn up with what? There's no wax on the thread, which is well past its sell by date and he's using a Blake sticher instead of an over locker. What could possibly go wrong?

51 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

I seem to recall that the country voted this Government into power. Now they complain? It begins and ends at the ballot box. Prayut, Biden......... As my mother used say ...... be careful what you wish for .... you might just get it.

Not only that they voted him in ,One must Really look and Try to Find one that Can/ Will  run the country Better than what we got now I doubt that there will be . 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

He needs a good grilling, for the mess he has, and still is putting Thailand in.... 

He needs a good grilling

Then a jolly good roasting and if he lives, demoted to an inactive post

• Like 1

At the beginning of the pandemic, an ex-changwat governor proclaimed to me that he couldn't see why the West called Thailand a "third world" country astray had much better control of covid and a king.

It drove home to me that those in tgehigher echelons of power in Thailand knew nothing about the virus and the low figures at the time were done to luck rather than calculation. It was inevitable tt any change in the virus could lead to a collapse of  Thailand's apparent "success" in dealing with the virus. The inevitable happened.

They have not prevented the spread of the vaccine and they didn't use the breathing space at the start to administer vaccines to the population.

They need to rely on experts rather than their own limited knowledge and assumptions.

• Like 1