What vaccine?

Badrabbit

On 9/1/2021 at 7:28 AM, Badrabbit said:

I'm booked to receive the Sinovac then AZ but I'm not keen on the mix...

If it was me, then I would take it - due to age I was offered two AZ-jabs instead - Sinovac is an old-fashioned type of vaccine based on dead virus from the original Wuhan-strain, but still seemed to give some 13-14% protection against the Delta-variant after first jab, which is a lot better than nothing. With the second AZ jab you would be protected equally good as if you had two AZ jabs, according to what I've read in the news.

You can anyway expect to need a booster jab within a year, and next year there will be plenty of vaccines available, also new brands and probably new types, which might be more efficiant (one in test now, so far gives 100% protection, also against Delta). So what you get now, is not that important, if you are not going to travel abroad where a mix might not be recognized as vaccinated.

A good site to compare the various vaccines in use is HERE.

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2021 at 1:42 AM, Badrabbit said:

Well according to the site over 60 you need certificate and records for Phizer.

Medical records are needed only if under 60.  Over 60 your age alone is enough.

For those under 60 needing to qualify on basis of chronic disease you would need medical record showing you have one of the criteria diseases. No need for all medical records, just one stating diagnosis is enough. Usually easiest to just get a vaccine at a hospital where your condition is already on file.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:13 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Take whatever vaccine is available.

And as the young woman said, it's not that simple. It is indeed very complex and nuanced which only the adults in the room will grasp.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:06 PM, Doctor Tom said:

So long as you avoid any of the Chinese produced

I find it odd that WHO publishes statistics on the Sinovac and other non-vaccine drugs for c19 and people seem 'reluctant' about Sinovac.  According to WHO, it's a "killed virus" type....of which I've had countless vaccines over the years.  The only one I ever had a reaction from is "yellow fever vaccine" and was sick for half a day, about 12 hours after receiving it.  So, until there is some long-term safety reports on mRNA drugs, I'd have to surmise that Sinovac is "less" risky. On the anecdotal side, the people I know personally, who have gotten the "virus", have all recovered within 3 or 4 days, without any vaccine or mRNA treatment. One of the people I know personally, is 73, recovered  quickly and then went for a 'Moderna' . His choice.  

On 9/1/2021 at 1:05 PM, Badrabbit said:

According to Phuket win it is, impossible to lie about your age.

Went for Pfizer yesterday at Phitsanulok and had to fill in (out? ) a form. One question was Date of Birth, next one 'Your age', next one 'Are you under 18 years of age'   My passport and form were checked at FIVE different computer stations. LOL

MedPark hospital approved Pfizer vaccine for foreigner under 60, i was approved to take a jab last week but turn it down to finish off my second dose of Sinopharm and will follow up with Moderna booster shot in the future.

anybody that haven't have any vaccine, you can try Medpark

10 minutes ago, vinci said:

MedPark hospital approved Pfizer vaccine for foreigner under 60, i was approved to take a jab last week but turn it down to finish off my second dose of Sinopharm and will follow up with Moderna booster shot in the future.

anybody that haven't have any vaccine, you can try Medpark

Medpark's pre-registration for vaccines has been removed from thailandintervac.com 

they send me an email approval just last Friday, go to MedPark hospital  directly https://www.medparkhospital.com/page/covid19-rt-pcr-registration

Dear xxxxxxxxxx

Due to the recent change of the vaccination criteria from the government, we would like to inform you that you are now eligible for Pfizer vaccination at MedPark Hospital.

Vaccination period:
August 28 - 29th, 2021
Between 08:00 - 16:30 hrs.

Reference code: xxxxxxxxx

Please present your current passport to our staff upon arrival at the Registration Counter.
If your registration information does not match your presented passport, MedPark Hospital reserves the right to reject your vaccination.

We hope to see you at MedPark soon!
MedPark Team

Edited by vinci
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vinci said:

they send me an email approval just last Friday, go to MedPark hospital  directly https://www.medparkhospital.com/page/covid19-rt-pcr-registration

Dear xxxxxxxxxx

Due to the recent change of the vaccination criteria from the government, we would like to inform you that you are now eligible for Pfizer vaccination at MedPark Hospital.

Vaccination period:
August 28 - 29th, 2021
Between 08:00 - 16:30 hrs.

Reference code: xxxxxxxxx

Please present your current passport to our staff upon arrival at the Registration Counter.
If your registration information does not match your presented passport, MedPark Hospital reserves the right to reject your vaccination.

We hope to see you at MedPark soon!
MedPark Team

That link is for Drive Thru Covid testing not vaccinations! ????

I do recall they had run out of Pfizer a few days ago.

Edited by Chris.B

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Medical records are needed only if under 60.  Over 60 your age alone is enough.

For those under 60 needing to qualify on basis of chronic disease you would need medical record showing you have one of the criteria diseases. No need for all medical records, just one stating diagnosis is enough. Usually easiest to just get a vaccine at a hospital where your condition is already on file.

Thanks Sheryl, I had a TIA Stroke 4 yrs ago, I've got the hospital record so just need to get a Medical Certificate, maybe I didn't need to mention it but It wouldn't feel right too me not to mention it.

Got the Pfizer Jabs already booked.

Edited by Badrabbit

On 9/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, Scott Tracy said:

Why do you say this?

Because it reportedly doesn't work as well as others against new variants; because it is Chinese and therefore by definition of suspect quality; because they started this whole thing in the first place with their secrecy and incompetence, and now seek  to profit by it; because I don't trust them. That's plenty enough reasons to be going on with.  

On 9/3/2021 at 5:57 AM, pizzachang said:

I find it odd that WHO publishes statistics on the Sinovac and other non-vaccine drugs for c19 and people seem 'reluctant' about Sinovac.  According to WHO, it's a "killed virus" type....of which I've had countless vaccines over the years.  The only one I ever had a reaction from is "yellow fever vaccine" and was sick for half a day, about 12 hours after receiving it.  So, until there is some long-term safety reports on mRNA drugs, I'd have to surmise that Sinovac is "less" risky. On the anecdotal side, the people I know personally, who have gotten the "virus", have all recovered within 3 or 4 days, without any vaccine or mRNA treatment. One of the people I know personally, is 73, recovered  quickly and then went for a 'Moderna' . His choice.  

Why odd?  The WHO has been totally discredited by this whole pandemic and can't be trusted.