Reopening, really ??

domdom

10 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

They want restaurants to close at 20:00 because the curfew starts at 21:00 . If they allow restaurants to open untill 21:00 , a lot of people would be outside after curfew . Ok i also think the curfew is B.S but this explains your "nonsense" . 

This is adding a rule to another rule.. Let the restaurants be open till 9 or close before if they wish or at least finish to take orders from 8 o clock.. Then it is the customers and staff responsability to be home before 9 to respect the curfew hours..

Why if you go to a restaurant 5 minutes away by car from your home, force you to be out at 8 ??

We cancelled our booking for tonight.. Not worth trying to enjoy one evening out if you have to rush to eat and go..

Have a nice day

OK for staff out.. but they would not be the first restaurants to clean next morning and not before closing..

Anyway, whatever it is.... it is their decision BUT this is not going to help in any way the restaurants..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, domdom said:

This is adding a rule to another rule.. Let the restaurants be open till 9 or close before if they wish or at least finish to take orders from 8 o clock.. Then it is the customers and staff responsability to be home before 9 to respect the curfew hours..

Why if you go to a restaurant 5 minutes away by car from your home, force you to be out at 8 ??

We cancelled our booking for tonight.. Not worth trying to enjoy one evening out if you have to rush to eat and go..

Have a nice day

As i said i also don't agree with the curfew for me they can cancel it entirely. Like the virus can tell time or something. I just explained the logic they use for the 20:00 closure time dumbdumb oh sorry , domdom . Have a nice day yourself as well , and these are the times we live in at the moment get used to it i feel a lot more cancelations coming for you then . 

1 hour ago, domdom said:

Have a nice day

I went out to dinner last night and had a very enjoyable evening, knowing the restaurant closes at 8pm we went out a bit earlier so as not to be rushed.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

I don’t understand why restaurants can’t continue to do takeaway past 8pm. It’s incredibly stupid. I understand the dining in aspect but they should be able to deliver 

9PM curfew, the staff need to get home.

I don't understand all the butthurt both here on Thaivisa and social networks as a whole.

People should be happy things are being allowed to re-open, its a stepping stone back to (hopefully) normality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FalangJaiDee said:

I don’t understand why restaurants can’t continue to do takeaway past 8pm. It’s incredibly stupid. I understand the dining in aspect but they should be able to deliver 

Well certainly would have to be indoors at home before the curfew. 

They have to start closing up in time, be it takeout or eat in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Ralf001

Totally agree with your comments.

I guess some posters just need to get over themselves.

A curfew may be dumb but many countries use it to control. No other reason, just to control. Thailand is no different.

Well if here were a few police on the streets it might have deterred the Pattaya area motorcycle thieves, who are at it again. 

On 9/3/2021 at 11:47 AM, Ralf001 said:

People should be happy things are being allowed to re-open, its a stepping stone back to (hopefully) normality.

It's a stepping stone to another lock down, as cases rise rapidly, hospital admissions the same, with ICU beds all taken up, and some more deaths in between. 

70% to 80% need to be fully vaccinated.  There's no getting around that.    

On 9/4/2021 at 9:17 AM, Lucky Bones said:

A curfew may be dumb but many countries use it to control. No other reason, just to control. Thailand is no different.

If you control people, you also control the virus. 

Yes, it's still control, but it is out of necessity, because of those who have no care, or knowledge, about the virus, and the situation, who continue to do whatever they like, and go wherever they want.  

On 9/2/2021 at 8:05 AM, domdom said:

Hello

Reopening is "advertised" everywhere.. Dine in allowed BUT of course not able to get a glass of wine or a beer ..
On top of it I just come to know that even curfew being at 9 o clock at night restaurants HAVE TO CLOSE AT 8 !!!!

Which nonsense is that ??

Then just say restaurants may open only at noon and for tea time afternoon.. will be clearer !!

Best regards

Of course they have to close restaurants and other shops at 8pm, so the staff have time to clean up, close up and get home before 9pm. It's exactly as it should be.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:01 PM, jacko45k said:

Well certainly would have to be indoors at home before the curfew. 

They have to start closing up in time, be it takeout or eat in.

I suppose he expects the restaurant staff to be cooking until 9pm and sleeping at the shop.... and what about the delivery people? I've heard they are not actively pursuing curfew breakers. I wouldn't want to take my chances as a foreigner though.