Thais say finances are "terrible", they're most worried about money in ASEAN region, say IPSOS

webfact

Thailand is the most dependent of tourism in the asean, and around 5th in the world. 
and with small chance for reopening this year because of vax shambles, things will worsen. 
the next year will be just levelling up. Many businesses will have to renovated or even rebuild after some 2 years of neglect. That will eat most of income. 

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Indeed. Thailand is important only to the people that live there. To others, it is a south-east Asian backwater with no influence at all in world affairs, and best known for ladyboys and prostitutes.

and coups. Thailand has been ruled by soldiers the majority of the time I have lived here. I never knew Thailand had a history of coups until the one that ousted Thaksin.

That would very much say what Bangkok Barry said, Thailand is important only to the people that live there. I did not even know about bargirls, ladyboys, barfines etc. All I knew about Thailand was that it was full of beautiful girls looking for men.

21 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Indeed. Thailand is important only to the people that live there. To others, it is a south-east Asian backwater with no influence at all in world affairs, and best known for ladyboys and prostitutes.

Thailand as #22 of most cultural influences ,even above countries like India Russia Turkey

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/influence-rankings

https://ceoworld.biz/2020/05/05/ranked-best-countries-for-cultural-influence-2020/

On 9/3/2021 at 10:14 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

The lack of mass tourism for the foreseeable future, lacklustre domestic spending and prolonged political protests (and possible violence)  will be the straws that break the economy's back. 

The teflon is starting to rub right off now and right in the middle of a global economic crisis and possible depression. 

Ive been hearing this since the dip in 2019.

Yet in and around Phuket Im still surprised at so many new cars Im seeing.

Thai only areas such as Karbi Town and Nakhon Sri Tammerat I observe as down right busy.

2 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Thai only areas such as Karbi Town and Nakhon Sri Tammerat I observe as down right busy.

I was in Phuket in December and outside the Pullman Arcadia resort it was grim, only two restaurants open on Naithon Beach. The rest of the businesses all closed and gone bust. Everyone I spoke to complained, and most said things were getting desperate.

You should see Pattaya and parts of Chonburi, completely devastated. Pattaya in particular looks like the set from a zombie movie. Loads of bigger businesses are struggling, including the automakers.

Personally, I've been pretty lucky as my businesses have only been slightly affected, so I bought a new car earlier this year, but I am not really representative of the majority, certainly not in Chonburi anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Probably top police selling off their collections. 

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2021 at 1:28 PM, Ratchsima said:

Thailand as #22 of most cultural influences ,even above countries like India Russia Turkey

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/influence-rankings

https://ceoworld.biz/2020/05/05/ranked-best-countries-for-cultural-influence-2020/

This surely will surprise those who pretend to know of the world and it's history.