Reformed drug dealer turned foundation worker had his head "wrapped in plastic"

webfact

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

He just confirms that the practice of ' plastic bagging ' is widespread among the Police

Not exactly, it just confirms that there have been two empirical confirmations of the practice in the last nineteen years, just two.   There may well have been more but no others have been confirmed, have they?

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:
20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not exactly, it just confirms that there have been two empirical confirmations of the practice in the last nineteen years, just two.   There may well have been more but no others have been confirmed, have they?

Well I know of another one I can confirm of a foreigner who I know personally. He described word for word to me in conversation. He even put it in his book.

I find it naive that you are giving the Thai police the benefit of the doubt

Ok, three cases.    I'm not being naive, neither am I giving anyone the benefit of the doubt, I'm saying that just because there have been three confirmed cases over nearly 20 years it does not make it par for the course with RTP interrogations. 

I could well be wrong, I have been once before, but to make broad brush statements without much more than anecdotal evidence seems flimsy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

IMO some opinions would change if the murderer didn't enrich himself through his duty as a police officer.   Say if he simply was a torturer of drug dealers and other criminals.    I bet he would get the same pass that a lot of us give those young men and women at Abu Ghraib. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, there was nothing to suggest that Joe Ferrari is a bad apple. He learned the torture/extortion racket from older policemen. Just like in Training Day.

One assumes this has been going on since there were policemen in Thailand.

Great movie.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, there was nothing to suggest that Joe Ferrari is a bad apple. He learned the torture/extortion racket from older policemen. Just like in Training Day.

In one country I know of, it's done in the street for all to watch, instead of a plastic bag it's  knee to the neck.... seems to be as effective. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

And plastic bags! ????

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Just because they have not been confirmed doesn't mean it never happened. Most of the Thai people don't really like or trust the RTP and any number of "mistakes or accidents" can happen to them.

This is Thailand where "honest policemen" are like "honest politicians", and harder to find than  hens teeth.

• Like 1