Reformed drug dealer turned foundation worker had his head "wrapped in plastic"

webfact

10 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

He just confirms that the practice of ' plastic bagging ' is widespread among the Police and is a common method of the torture practiced by them in order to gain confessions.

When you scare a person to half to death they will admit to anything, it doesn't make it true.

Well, the method seems to be working pretty darn well judging by their assets.

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not exactly, it just confirms that there have been two empirical confirmations of the practice in the last nineteen years, just two.   There may well have been more but no others have been confirmed, have they?

Thats  right because they  know if they "tell"  they will get that bag back except this  time it  will be successful. Thailand runs  on fear.

5 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Diazepam, Temazepam, Oxazepam, Lorazepam, everything that ends at pam. Sleeping/relaxing pill. Widely used in psychiatry. I take them when flying long haul, makes me sleep 7-8 hours.

Oh, thought it was something more specific, a benzo mixed with something else to make it hit harder 

Every one in Thailand, except Liverpool Lou, knows the RTP are corrupt to the core and there is no level they will not stoop to in their greed  and power crazed existence.  The remarkable thing is NOTHING has been done about it by successive baht-hungry, power crazed Governments AKA The Army.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

Not really, you are implying for extrajudicial killing, are you not? So, what do you think will happen if that becomes more accepted? 

Simple answer to set you straight  - no. 

Also, in some circles it is already acceptable, ie Thaksin war on drugs as an example for you. 

A quick google search and I found an article giving dates from 2014-2015;

Torture and Other Ill-Treatment in Thailand”, documented 74 cases of torture and other violent treatment at the hands of soldiers and the police between 2014 and 2015 alone. These include beatings, suffocation by plastic bags, strangling by hand or rope, waterboarding, electric shocks to the genitals, and other forms of painful and humiliating abuse of individuals in custody.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, billd766 said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not exactly, it just confirms that there have been two empirical confirmations of the practice in the last nineteen years, just two.   There may well have been more but no others have been confirmed, have they?

Just because they have not been confirmed doesn't mean it never happened.

Using your own "logic", just because other incidents have not been reported and confirmed does not mean that they happened, either.   There may well have been no other cases.

18 hours ago, PremiumLane said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ok, three cases.    I'm not being naive, neither am I giving anyone the benefit of the doubt, I'm saying that just because there have been three confirmed cases over nearly 20 years it does not make it par for the course with RTP interrogations. 

I could well be wrong, I have been once before, but to make broad brush statements without much more than anecdotal evidence seems flimsy.

Expand  

So, basically you are saying let's ignore the numerous reports by Human Rights Watch and other organizations, news reports on what happened during the war on drugs, academic studies etc, etc, and boil it down to 'I am only go to go by the evidence of two cases I heard about on TVF'... well done ???? 

No, that is not what I'm said.   I'm talking about this thread and the posts that I commented on  If you have any evidence of the same thing happening here in other cases, let's see it.  If you haven't, then it's all just Thaivisa-poster, "we all know", baseless speculation.  Other incidences may have happened but, so far, no one has produced anything credible to back up that assertion.   If you have something empirical relating to this thread, I'll happily scoff some humble pie.

17 hours ago, tracker1 said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe because they were suffocated or disappeared or too scared to say anything in case of repercussions 

Maybe.  Maybe your speculation is correct, maybe it is not.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thats  right because they  know if they "tell"  they will get that bag back except this  time it  will be successful. Thailand runs  on fear.

Possibly, your speculation could be right, just as possibly it could be wrong.   Thailand does not "run on fear".   Which section of Thailand do you reckon runs on fear, and fear of what, specifically?

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Using your own "logic", just because other incidents have not been reported and confirmed does not mean that they happened, either.   There may well have been no other cases.

That may well be true also but in all honesty I believe that there have been many incidents that have gone without public notice judging by the reputation of the RTP who are riddled with corruption from top to bottom.

There are many cases where the police have stopped people for some motoring offence and on the payment of 100 or 200 baht you are allowed to proceed "no receipt given". When I used to live and work in Bangkok most bars in Washington Square were visited by the police collection box.

When you have an organisation which is self regulating and poorly paid, corruption in one form or another will always flourish. In the RTP, should you wish for promotion you can always buy it, but you then need to repay the money you borrowed.

In this particular case you have a man with a 43,00 baht salary, several homes, luxury cars and perhaps 400 million baht in the bank. On his current salary it would take him around 775 years without spending even 1 baht to amass that amount, and that does not include the luxury houses and the 29 cars.

So how do you account for his wealth?

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

That may well be true also but in all honesty I believe that there have been many incidents that have gone without public notice judging by the reputation of the RTP who are riddled with corruption from top to bottom.

There are many cases where the police have stopped people for some motoring offence and on the payment of 100 or 200 baht you are allowed to proceed "no receipt given". When I used to live and work in Bangkok most bars in Washington Square were visited by the police collection box.

When you have an organisation which is self regulating and poorly paid, corruption in one form or another will always flourish. In the RTP, should you wish for promotion you can always buy it, but you then need to repay the money you borrowed.

In this particular case you have a man with a 43,00 baht salary, several homes, luxury cars and perhaps 400 million baht in the bank. On his current salary it would take him around 775 years without spending even 1 baht to amass that amount, and that does not include the luxury houses and the 29 cars.

So how do you account for his wealth?

You don't under normal conditions, that would be inappropriate, an invasion of privacy as well as a loss of face and could result in a claim of defamation. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

You don't under normal conditions, that would be inappropriate, an invasion of privacy as well as a loss of face and could result in a claim of defamation. 

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/the+law+is+an+ass

To quote from Mr Bumble in Oliver Twist

"the law is an ass"

Said of a law that one thinks is unnecessary or ridiculous. The phrase comes from Charles Dickens' novel Oliver Twist: "The law is a ass—an idiot."

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 7:13 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Ok, three cases.    I'm not being naive, neither am I giving anyone the benefit of the doubt, I'm saying that just because there have been three confirmed cases over nearly 20 years it does not make it par for the course with RTP interrogations. 

I could well be wrong, I have been once before, but to make broad brush statements without much more than anecdotal evidence seems flimsy.

IMHO three cases is absolutely 3 too many. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, scorecard said:
On 9/3/2021 at 4:13 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

IMHO three cases is absolutely 3 too many. 

I agree, I wasn't arguing against that.