COVID-19: Thailand reports 15,942 coronavirus cases and 20,351 recoveries

webfact

Take long time before i know nobody that has pass away coz covid .Wife's aunt died in Loei coz covid RIP. She was over 3 weeks in ICU but lungs totally collapse.

Look like she get it vaccine line in BKK. 3 days after get Sinovac jab in Bkk tested covid positive. She tell place was packed whit people whitout any social distancing! I hope when they start mass vacination they also make sure people keep distance in those places!

Even has been hard year to most of people life still going on. I have get 2 Pfizer jab's and almost all my relatives here in Finland so to us things look better. Only worry now my son who is 11 years old, most cases here are now in age group 10-20 years old coz not vaccinated yet. Schools are open, bars are open and now they thinking to give up mask recommendation also. Even only 50% has used that anyway! Most "idiot" group of people seems to be 50+ fat a hole man's who dont give a f! 

Been 10 month away from Thailand and thinking come back next month.

Happy thought folks keep safe.

• Like 1

Bangkok among 5 provinces in phase 2 of tourism reopening plan

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports is going ahead with the phase 2 of reopening selected tourist areas in five provinces to foreign visitors from October 1, Minister Pipat Ratchakitprakarn said on Friday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005706

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Bangkok among 5 provinces in phase 2 of tourism reopening plan

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports is going ahead with the phase 2 of reopening selected tourist areas in five provinces to foreign visitors from October 1, Minister Pipat Ratchakitprakarn said on Friday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005706

So with this little statement at the end of the article there will be some slim chances of provinces opening unless the provincial health office thinks that the hospitals and ASQ locations can handle additional cases.

“The reopening of a province must be approved by the provincial public health office, which will consider the areas’ readiness based on Covid-19 situation, vaccination rate of local population at over 70 per cent and employed disease control measures," the minister added.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 83: 258,782 <— Saturday

DAY 84: 275,188 <— Sunday

DAY 85: 817,342

DAY 86: 828,182

DAY 87: 827,462

DAY 88: 865,074

DAY 89: 925,627 <— New High

TOTAL: 35,218,164 doses since 28 February

14.64% fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1434026863517601792

Is there a figure there for triple vaccinated, and is the third jab a booster or not.?

25 minutes ago, James105 said:

What's your evidence for this?   Have you been to a vaccination centre in Thailand in order to evaluate their efficiency at this?  I have and the one I went to suggests it's easily possible (in the one I went to) to vaccinate a 1000+ people in a single day.   They have more than 900 vaccination centres here.   Which one did you go to that makes you cast doubt on these numbers every single day?   

Where is the proof of 900 vaccination centers please and that all of them are doing 1,000 vaccines per day?

Its simple common sense…if those numbers are true then it means Thailand is the most efficient country in the world at procuring and administering vaccines…if you believe that is possible then I wish you good luck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Where is the proof of 900 vaccination centers please and that all of them are doing 1,000 vaccines per day?

Its simple common sense…if those numbers are true then it means Thailand is the most efficient country in the world at procuring and administering vaccines…if you believe that is possible then I wish you good luck.

Sorry that you don't know but it is the accusers responsibility to provide evidence. So, where's your evidence? Otherwise, the Thai's that you are looking down on so while being a guest in their country have a saying for people like you. Translated it goes: Those who don't know speak easily 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marvin Hagler said:

I can tell you what I have seen with my own eyes and I can say with some certainty that they could easily carry out 1000+ vaccinations in a day so have no reason to question these figures so I am interested in which one you went to as you are very certain the figures are made up.   Which vaccination centre did you go to that has made you question these numbers every single day?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

The vaccination centre I got my shots at was efficient and quick. Which vaccination centre did you go to? If you haven't been to one personally, you should know better and keep quiet.  

UK vaccination centers are efficient and quick too…and well organised…with excellent infrastructure to support vaccine deliveries…but they never reached anywhere close to 900k vaccines even on their best day…and certainly not 7 or 8 days in a row.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, James105 said:

I can tell you what I have seen with my own eyes and I can say with some certainty that they could easily carry out 1000+ vaccinations in a day so have no reason to question these figures so I am interested in which one you went to as you are very certain the figures are made up.   Which vaccination centre did you go to that has made you question these numbers every single day?  

One person in one vaccination center getting one vaccine makes a Thailand wide vaccination expert. Nice one.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Its all well and good Thailand playing with these Vaccines, but on the serious side, there could be some  serious, and costly ramifications to this policy.

Lets just say as an example, that it all goes terribly wrong, and there are serious and long lasting side effects from the taking of these " mixed "vaccines , that have not been authorized for mixing by the manufacturers.

The law suits will be flowing like a River, but who is responsible, as guidelines have not been followed for the administration of the Vaccines by the Manufacturers, y Thailand has made their own rules to apply to the Vaccinations, which IMO could well be detrimental to the Health of the People of the Nation.

I hope this will never happen , but there have to be some risks involved in such actions.

In a normal country it would be a liability…in Thailand there is nothing you can do if things go wrong.

3 hours ago, James105 said:

Someone probably needs to give Phuket the bad news that vaccination will not stop people getting covid and they should probably focus on hospital admissions as a measure instead.   The most vaccinated country in the world (Israel) has even gone onto Swedens red list due to the rate of increase of cases they have.   I believe Israel pretty much exclusively used Pfizer as well.

I think your statement "vaccination will not stop people getting covid"  is somewhat misleading.

No vaccine for any disease stops infection, transmission, symptoms, hospitalization and sometimes death, 100% of the time and has never been a vaccine's raison d'être.

Vaccines have always protected against disease in varying degrees at various stages.

And that applies to COVID vaccines.

The bottom line is that the COVID vaccine can stop people catching COVID, even the Delta variant.

Edited by LosLobo

4 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

UK vaccination centers are efficient and quick too…and well organised…with excellent infrastructure to support vaccine deliveries…but they never reached anywhere close to 900k vaccines even on their best day…and certainly not 7 or 8 days in a row.

Avoiding answering the same simple question in post after post makes others lose trust in you

2 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

One person in one vaccination center getting one vaccine makes a Thailand wide vaccination expert. Nice one.

Which one did you go to then?   I'm starting to think you haven't been vaccinated here (or are even in Thailand) as you continue to avoid answering this question and have zero basis for your claim.    The UK used individual appointments rather than getting hundreds of people queuing in a production line so would easily explain the difference in efficiency.   

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

Which one did you go to then?   I'm starting to think you haven't been vaccinated here (or are even in Thailand) as you continue to avoid answering this question and have zero basis for your claim.    The UK used individual appointments rather than getting hundreds of people queuing in a production line so would easily explain the difference in efficiency.   

Of course I am not in Thailand. Why would I be somewhere like that during a time like this.

Its irrelavant, it’s pure common sense. I don’t need to see a vaccination center there. It’s all on the numbers and application of common sense…mixed with the experience of living there for over 20 years.

What difference would having a vaccination in Thailand make? The vaccination centers here (Australia) are incredibly efficient too…doesn’t mean they are claoming those BS numbers.

Show me another country that has achieved the same efficiency per capita? 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

UPDATE: 15,942 confirmed cases. 2,407 probable cases. 7-day testing average is 44,562. Out of 155,134 patients, 42,248 in hospital, 70,752 in hospitel and 39,731 in home/community isolation. 4,741 in a serious condition (+1) with 1,004 on ventilators (-7) #Thailand #COVID19

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1433974959928332290

And yet again the numbers of positives in the Prisons is at about the 260 mark, where its been flat lining for several days now. ( today 277 )

7 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Of course I am not in Thailand. Why would I be somewhere like that during a time like this.

Its irrelavant, it’s pure common sense. I don’t need to see a vaccination center there. It’s all on the numbers and application of common sense…mixed with the experience of living there for over 20 years.

What difference would having a vaccination in Thailand make? The vaccination centers here (Australia) are incredibly efficient too…doesn’t mean they are claoming those BS numbers.

Right, so you have zero evidence and are making nonsense claims about something you know nothing about in a country you are not living in.     I think that about sums it up.   

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Show me another country that has achieved the same efficiency per capita? 

Australias vax rollout yourusing as an example is pathetic.Just urgently borrowed another 4 million from UK..... thats why there numbers are so low.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The bottom line is that the COVID vaccine can stop people catching COVID, even the Delta variant.

I am afraid to say that is a totally wrong statement to make. The Covid vaccination will NOT stop you catching covid. It will lessen the symptoms, it should prevent death as the symptoms are not as severe and you can still spread it.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, James105 said:

From my experience in the UK you had an individual appointment time of a 10 minute window, in which time you had 10-20 people arrive with the same time, thus limiting people queuing for long periods. Both my vaccinations at a local centre took no more than 25 minutes including the 15 minute observation period, no blood pressure check needed, very short form to fill taking about 2 minutes, another short question and answer from the person giving the vaccine, very efficient.

If you look at Thailand's reported 900k a day and say centres are open 10 hours a day for example (have no idea if correct but just example) this equates to 1500 jabs a minute, 25 a second. UK managed 10 a second I think at best. When you break it down to hours, minutes and seconds you realise the enormity of what's needed to reach those figures. Without proof one can only speak an opinion as to the accuracy of figures. I for one are suspicious of the claims of 900k a day, 500-600k a day, sure, I can believe that.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, worrab said:

I am afraid to say that is a totally wrong statement to make. The Covid vaccination will NOT stop you catching covid. It will lessen the symptoms, it should prevent death as the symptoms are not as severe and you can still spread it.

Here is some supporting evidence for my claims from WHO. Perhaps you can supply evidence from a reliable source to support yours?

Vaccine protection and transmission

"COVID-19 vaccines are crucial tools in the pandemic response and protect against severe disease and death. 

Vaccines provide at least some protection from infection and transmission, but not as much as the protection they provide against serious illness and death.

More evidence is needed to determine exactly how well they stop infection and transmission."

Vaccine efficacy, effectiveness and protection (who.int)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worrab said:

Really?

"Between Dec 8, 2020, and July 4, 2021, 1 240 009 COVID Symptom Study app users reported a first vaccine dose, of whom 6030 (0·5%) subsequently tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (cases 1), and 971 504 reported a second dose, of whom 2370 (0·2%) subsequently tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (cases 2). "

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00460-6/fulltext#seccestitle80

In other words, for a period of time lasting almost 7 months. only 0.2% of the doubly vaccinated tested positive for Covid. To put it another way that would be 1 out of 5000 of the doubly vaccinated subsequently tested positive for covid infection over a period of time of almost 7 months.

• Like 1