181 people over 60 among COVID-19 deaths in Thailand on Saturday

Jonathan Fairfield

A3E6F631-E09C-4E50-99A8-1F8515490C29.jpeg

Thailand recorded 15,942 new COVID-19 cases and 257 more deaths today (Saturday), including 181 who were over 60 years old, according to the CCSA.

20,351 new recoveries were also recorded today, bringing the total, since April 1st this year, to 1,079,891. The death toll since April 1st is 12,537.

155,134 patients are still being treated, with 42,248 in general hospitals and 112,886 in field hospitals. 4,741 are severe cases, of whom 1,004 are on ventilators.

Of the new infections today, 15,659 are locally-acquired cases and 277 are among prisoners.

Bangkok remains top of the list of provinces with most new infections, logging 3,835 cases, followed by Samut Prakan (1,570), Chon Buri (955), Samut Sakhon (895), Ratchaburi (502), Nonthaburi (468), Rayong (446), Narathiwat (341), Nakhon Pathom (340) and Nakhon Ratchasima (296).

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/181-people-over-60-among-covid-19-deaths-in-thailand-on-saturday/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 938 new cases today and 4 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (190), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (121), and Si Racha (290). There are 14,083 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1434307521359929347

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't understand the almost surprise of number of deaths over 60. The median death has consistently been ~ 67. Meaning 50% of deaths are 67+.

So obviously more than that for 60+ group. Does mean lot of deaths yesterday in 60-67 group.

Think it is a hint to getting those vaccinated sooner rather than later, but that's my view.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

UPDATE: 15,452 confirmed cases. 4,966 probable cases. 7-day testing average is 44,562. Out of 152,105 patients, 44,335 in hospital, 71,526 in hospitel and 33,454 in home/community isolation. 4,682 in a serious condition (-59) with 1,008 on ventilators (+4) #Thailand #COVID19

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1434324515723436033

+4 on ventilators and a new upsurge to 20,418 including positive rapid tests. Lets see how this goes.

35 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Glad they have kicked up the vaccinations. Hope they can vaccinate all of the elderly and those with medical problems sooner rather than later. Lets. Numbers are creeping up as far as cases.  Learning to live with Covid-19 is just starting as it will be around for the long term I fear much like the annual flu.

Stay safe folks,take care of what's precious to you and that should be yourself and families.

Fortunately for these times, the Thai vaccine programs just recently kicked into gear after a slow and mismanaged start. 

Though, it appears that the obvious is still not being adhered to - general practice of mitigation measures and certainly not being stress upon nor such protocol being promoted. 

The basics behind the ever increasing numbers.

Seems as the population still isn't getting it.

And the cause if the rising infected numbers is......?? 

Edited by zzaa09

2 days of rising (total) cases including ATK tests, and it seems to also be from the reduced testing. As far as I see the vaccinations need to stay at Friday's levels or increase everyday.  I saw yesterday that more donated AZ will be arriving from Japan as well.  Wonder when and if the 4th qtr doses of Moderna and Pfizer they said they ordered will arrive.  I know they were counting on the Pfizer for their mix and match vaccination program with AZ starting in October.  I wonder if they will give me a Pfizer in 11 days when I return for my second jab at MedPark....

Edited by ThailandRyan

48 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

A lot over 60

I think the vaccination of the old is still "ongoing" and I fear that a lot of the vaccinated have been jabbed with the very inferior CCP stuff. Maybe good enough to stop serious illness - but I have my doubts.

I am actually thinking the other way, a lot under 60

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its an old article from yesterdays news, the numbers are also wrong

No, not that. (Although everyone jumping on this thread to post today's numbers is confusing.)

Just the phrasing, and why emphasize the age thing - most are aware of the hardest-hit population segment.

29 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phuket health authorities are reporting 240 new local cases , three cases from the Sandbox and four deaths. There are now 2,332 patients in care . The #PhuketSandbox has had 88 cases since 1st July #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1434307748657729537

Phuket numbers are definitely a worry for the government. However, the new program of "Learning to live with Covid" has taken some pressure off of driving cases to Zero.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

No, not that. (Although everyone jumping on this thread to post today's numbers is confusing.)

Just the phrasing, and why emphasize the age thing - most are aware of the hardest-hit population segment.

Like I said its from yesterdays article https://www.thaipbsworld.com/181-people-over-60-among-covid-19-deaths-in-thailand-on-saturday/ which is not the current one. The figures posted here by members are the correct ones

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't understand the almost surprise of number of deaths over 60. The median death has consistently been ~ 67. Meaning 50% of deaths are 67+.

So obviously more than that for 60+ group. Does mean lot of deaths yesterday in 60-67 group.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the median average is the middle number. ???? So, if 100 people are included and 95 of them are over 60 years old, but there are a few very young people, then the median means nothing.

They should use the mean average, in order to give the public a better idea of the 'average' age of people dying.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

Yes, well spotted. It seems lots of of folks are treating as today's (Sunday) The real one is here.

Perhaps therefore, Admin could transfer these posts over to the correct thread?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

For consistency it would be helpful, although it would not take too much effort for our valued contributors to re-post. 

• Like 1

Just now, BKKBike09 said:

I wonder if the 25% reduction over the past month in the already pathetically small number of daily tests has anything to do with the falling case numbers ... down from 60,000 a day at start of August to 45,000 now and a steady trend downward.  I only pose the question out of idle curiosity.

Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 09.05.44.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 09.05.24.jpg

Its a question asked by many especially when there are high positivity rates. Rapid tests have now taken over as the preferred method for active finding and we all know they are not recorded unless the person is admitted into hospital for treatment.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, anchadian said:

We are unable to move individual posts into another thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1