Sinovac Vaccine Helps Thailand Control COVID-19 Pandemic

webfact

9 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

I work for no propaganda machine nor do I accuse anybody of working for one.  I was merely pointing out the influence of such machines.  I am sure both China and the US have people about spreading misinformation....neither party is innocent of such activities.  What I do object to is the constant rubbishing of Sinovac merely because it comes from China.  Many of these comments, as I previously stated, are vindictive in nature with no basis in fact at all.  Some even go so far as to attempt to present theories as proof and repeat them over and over again causing others to then believe them.

Now please, somebody correct me if I am wrong, I'm certainly not a full bottle on Covid, but from what I understand, these vax's do not stop you from contracting nor spreading Covid, they only reduce the suffering and in turn reduce the number of hospitalisations and deaths.  For whatever reason, the Thai govt in the past has had a preference for Sinovac making it much more available to the people of Thailand than any other vax.  You cant blame that on China.

Sinovac was developed at a time when it had no variants.  Its pretty impossible, I imagine, to develop a vax against a variant that doesn't yet exist.  Some say Sinovac is less effective against the Delta variant.  This maybe so but you cant blame that on Sinovac or China.  Vax's cannot be developed, tested and approved overnight.  We still don't have a vax for the common cold, HIV etc.  I had my 2nd AZ shot two days ago from the local hospital but on both occasions I thought I was getting Sinovac until I walked in the door.  I was happy to get Sinovac because even if only 1% effective it is still far better than no vax, especially if its possible to top up with another type later if found necessary.

Variant or no variant, I wonder what the situation would be now if Thailand didn't use Sinovac but instead waited for supplies, IN QUANTITY, to come from other suppliers.  I am sure we would be in a lot worse situation.   The Thai govt was late in trying to acquire supplies of any vax, for whatever reason, and it seems China was the only source who could supply anywhere near the quantities required.  How can you blame China or Sinovac for the govt's inaction.  At least we had one vax even if some say it has minimal effect....still better than none.

The biggest problem is the understanding of the virus itself.  As others have pointed out, its very complicated.  It takes a lot of time to get to understand how the virus works let alone how to fight it.  And then it mutates to a new varient requiring more time consuming research.  Its new, nobody is a full bottle on the subject. 

People just need to be patient.  They need to try to protect themselves best they can and with whatever is available.  Comments calling Sinovac 'rubbish' or 'give it to the soi dogs' can be very damaging to some and only makes the authors the laughing stock of those less ignorant.  Likewise claiming Covid19 originated in China is damaging as it fuels racism even though there is no proof, plenty of theories yes, but theories are not proof just as there is still no proof that the Spanish flu originated from Spain even though the name implies it. 

"Repeat something often enough and it becomes the truth" Joseph Goebbals, Nazi Minister of Propaganda.

I appreciate your response, nice work.

The vaccines remind me of vehicles. They are designed to get you where you need to go so you can do what you need to do. One of them took longer to be approved and breaks down more frequently than the rest, but it's still better than no vehicle. Still, anyone who has this vehicle can't wait to trade it in for a better vehicle. Cars like the Yugo are ridiculed, except for those that needed to get somewhere and walking just wouldn't do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

I appreciate your response, nice work.

The vaccines remind me of vehicles. They are designed to get you where you need to go so you can do what you need to do. One of them took longer to be approved and breaks down more frequently than the rest, but it's still better than no vehicle. Still, anyone who has this vehicle can't wait to trade it in for a better vehicle. Cars like the Yugo are ridiculed, except for those that needed to get somewhere and walking just wouldn't do.

I had a DAF 33.

I know exactly what you are talking about.......

• Like 2

On 9/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, placeholder said:

You've just betrayed a virtually complete misunderstanding of how what these statisitics mean.

"WHO’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) has also completed its review of the vaccine. On the basis of available evidence, WHO recommends the vaccine for use in adults 18 years and older, in a two-dose schedule with a spacing of two to four weeks. Vaccine efficacy results showed that the vaccine prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe COVID-19 and hospitalization in 100% of the studied population."

https://www.who.int/news/item/01-06-2021-who-validates-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-for-emergency-use-and-issues-interim-policy-recommendations

I guess 100% efficacy in preventing severe COVID-19, hospitalizations, and death isn't good enough for you. What would be acceptable? Bringing the dead back to life?

Ironic, but your username 'placeholder' is exactly how I see Sinovac as (no offense intended). It's a placeholder until a more efficient vaccine becomes available. It's a step in the right direction, but statistically, it's the ugly ducking of the brood and so it's difficult to watch the CCP pat each on the back for that accomplishment and then hear their ambassador complain of hurt feelings when people reject it for something more efficient. In the end, the market decides the winner and the loser. It'll be interesting to see how Sinovac 2.0 stacks against the competition, or will they just focus on their own nationals at $60 a dose...

(oh, and 'bringing the dead back to life' would be useful for the Thai doctor that died of Covid after 2 Sinovac jabs????)

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 4:30 PM, curlylekan said:

I still wouldn't get the Chinese vaccine. Until the Chinese government becomes a transparent government, closer to a democratic one, there is little I will ever believe coming out of their mouths

Great word democratic. China are not forcing their people to take the vaccine, they are not forcing companies in China to make employees take the vaccine or lose thier job. Now how about countries in the democratic west? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:19 AM, placeholder said:

1000 out of how many? 1000 may seem like a really big number to you, but without context, it's meaningless. You also have to consider how effective the virus was in preventing hospitalizations and deaths. How many of those 1000 developed symptoms serious enough to require hospitalzation? How many died?

1000 is too many. Period.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2021 at 1:23 PM, club said:

The lab study involves samples from 66 participants  Wow!!! 66 participant in their study. Try 66,000 after 6 months of the booster and then test antibody activity 

Antibodies go down after 6 months for all types of vaccines.

The video below is more unbiased.

Name me one vaccine that you took since birth that you still have antibodies present?

It's Medical 101.

We still have our immune memory that will kick in if we encounter the virus again. 

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

Ironic, but your username 'placeholder' is exactly how I see Sinovac as (no offense intended). It's a placeholder until a more efficient vaccine becomes available. It's a step in the right direction, but statistically, it's the ugly ducking of the brood and so it's difficult to watch the CCP pat each on the back for that accomplishment and then hear their ambassador complain of hurt feelings when people reject it for something more efficient. In the end, the market decides the winner and the loser. It'll be interesting to see how Sinovac 2.0 stacks against the competition, or will they just focus on their own nationals at $60 a dose...

(oh, and 'bringing the dead back to life' would be useful for the Thai doctor that died of Covid after 2 Sinovac jabs????)

Here's what you wrote about my previous comment:

"Which propaganda machine are you working for? Thailand or China?"

Now you write this:

"It's a step in the right direction, but statistically, it's the ugly ducking of the brood and so it's difficult to watch the CCP pat each on the back for that accomplishment and then hear their ambassador complain of hurt feelings when people reject it for something more efficient. ..."

You, too, have mad a step in the right direction. Comrades Xi and Prayut will be so pleased with your change of heart. I think I've just clinched my promotion. Thank you so much.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

The Washington Post: Brazil suspends use of millions of doses of China's Sinovac coronavirus vaccine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/09/06/brazil-coronavirus-vaccine-vaccination-rollout-sinovac/

From the article:

"Brazil’s health regulator suspended the use of just over 12.1 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine manufactured by China’s Sinovac after learning that vials containing the shots were filled at an unauthorized production base.

The suspension is for 90 days as an investigation is carried out, said Anvisa, the regulator, which announced the decision in a statement Saturday. The Butantan Institute, a Sao Paulo biomedical center that has partnered with Sinovac to fill the vaccine for local usage, notified Anvisa about the irregularity the prior day, the agency said."

One thing that makes this article particularly interesting is that the Butantan Institute has repeatedly been accused by reflexive China bashers of being in the pocket of the Chinese because of its studies showing the high effectiveness of the vaccine against hospitalizations and death.

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Here's what you wrote about my previous comment:

"Which propaganda machine are you working for? Thailand or China?"

Now you write this:

"It's a step in the right direction, but statistically, it's the ugly ducking of the brood and so it's difficult to watch the CCP pat each on the back for that accomplishment and then hear their ambassador complain of hurt feelings when people reject it for something more efficient. ..."

You, too, have mad a step in the right direction. Comrades Xi and Prayut will be so pleased with your change of heart. I think I've just clinched my promotion. Thank you so much.

Go in peace Comrade, I'm glad to be a part of your bright future????

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Antibodies go down after 6 months for all types of vaccines.

The video below is more unbiased.

Name me one vaccine that you took since birth that you still have antibodies present?

It's Medical 101.

We still have our immune memory that will kick in if we encounter the virus again. 

Yes but not to zero, if you read their own admission in the study they find no neutralizing antibodies to the delta variant after 6 months, that is not the same for any other covid vaccine on the market.