Sinovac Vaccine Helps Thailand Control COVID-19 Pandemic

webfact

1 hour ago, Dialemco said:

Presume Chinese are supplying their vaccine for FREE which for a short term fix better than nothing 

You would wrong.

While some of the ~ 12.5 mm doses have been "donated" (maybe ~ 2 mm? I've lost track), the rest have fetched top baht, ~ 660 baht/dose (extra cream layer incl.).

An expensive short-term fix, although calling it a fix is a massive exaggeration. More or less a useless fix.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello ,

well that’s very funny Thailand and China are concerned about corruption and transparency  !!??  5555 ???? Lol ???? , Thats like the Devil saying he’s a good person !! 
Sinovac , Sinopharm and Sputnik v are low quality covid vaccines and because the failing Thai Government’s Covid Policies and Vaccination Policies we now stand in a very long global waiting line for good vaccines like Moderna and Pfizer.

As a person Immune compromised and a a Type-2 Diabetic why would I want to get injected with low quality vaccines like Sinovac , Sinopharm or Sputnik v that all have under 52% Efficacy !!??

Not !! Happening with me Thailand !! 
oh !! P.S. , You talk about transparency and honesty.

Please , How about for example honesty and transparency about the 2 million + Pfizer vaccines donated by America ???????? To Thailand that 20% of the vaccines were agreed upon sharing with Expats !!?? 
That would be a start down the path of honesty and transparency !! ???? 

safe and Healthy Wishes to ALL !! 

Foreigners in Bangkok and Pattaya have been getting pfyzer for a month already, many are getting second shots this month 

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

You would worng.

While some of the ~ 12.5 mm doses have been "donated" (maybe ~ 2 mm? I've lost track), the rest have fetched top baht, ~ 660 baht/dose (extra cream layer incl.).

An expensive short-term fix, although calling it a fix is a massive exaggeration. More or less a useless fix.

The Chinese did provide 500,000 doses for free. But they stipulated that their citizens resident in Thailand go to the head of the line.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello ,

well that’s very funny Thailand and China are concerned about corruption and transparency  !!??  5555 ???? Lol ???? , Thats like the Devil saying he’s a good person !! 
Sinovac , Sinopharm and Sputnik v are low quality covid vaccines and because the failing Thai Government’s Covid Policies and Vaccination Policies we now stand in a very long global waiting line for good vaccines like Moderna and Pfizer.

As a person Immune compromised and a a Type-2 Diabetic why would I want to get injected with low quality vaccines like Sinovac , Sinopharm or Sputnik v that all have under 52% Efficacy !!??

Not !! Happening with me Thailand !! 
oh !! P.S. , You talk about transparency and honesty.

Please , How about for example honesty and transparency about the 2 million + Pfizer vaccines donated by America ???????? To Thailand that 20% of the vaccines were agreed upon sharing with Expats !!?? 
That would be a start down the path of honesty and transparency !! ???? 

safe and Healthy Wishes to ALL !! 

So much nonsense in so little space. Let's start with Sputnik? From what garbage pile of a website did you come up with the assertion that Sputnik has less than 52% efficacy? Anyway, it's not even on offer in Thailand.

I imagine you're referring to sinovac and that figure was the result of one study that showed it had 51 percent effectiveness in stopping symptomatic infections. And all other large real world studies showed it had much greater effectiveness. And even in that 51% study, it did much better in stopping hospitalizations and infections.

As for that 20% figure...that was claimed by 1 Thai official. Interesting to see that you would take his word for it even though the American embassy denied that was the case. Your faith in Thai officialdom is touching.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

Foreigners in Bangkok and Pattaya have been getting pfyzer for a month already, many are getting second shots this month 

Its amazing how long Thailand can stretch 2.5 mil doses of Pfizer out. Hopefully they didn't dilute it to turn 2.5 mil into 5 mil. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, club said:

The same reason Pfizer and Moderna needed booster after 8 months. Vaccines effectiveness waned and Delta is 1,000 times more transmissible. Thought this a common knowledge to most. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

I thought it was proved that Sinovac was only appropriate 13.5% effective against the Delta strain..... Or is the report to please the Chinese, as they were not happy that people don't trust Sinovac... 

The press reported two days ago that Brazil had withdrawn Sinovac as an authorised vaccination product.

Just now, Eric Loh said:

The same reason Pfizer and Moderna needed booster after 8 months. Vaccines effectiveness waned and Delta is 1,000 times more transmissible. Thought this a common knowledge to most. 

At least Pfizer and Moderna dont wither away to NO protection after 6 months   https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/study-shows-antibodies-drop-by-50-every-40-days-after-2-doses-of-sinovac   This has been common knowledge also

6 minutes ago, club said:

At least Pfizer and Moderna dont wither away to NO protection after 6 months   https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/study-shows-antibodies-drop-by-50-every-40-days-after-2-doses-of-sinovac   This has been common knowledge also

In fact, while there is a correlation between antibody levels and protection, this takes no account at all of T cell and B cell immunity. It was a lab study not a clinical study. Not a real world study.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, George Aylesham said:

The press reported two days ago that Brazil had withdrawn Sinovac as an authorised vaccination product.

Well, what was reported is that Brazil had withdrawn authorization for Sinovac that was manufactured at Chinese facilities that hadn't been properly inspected and approved. So not a withdrawal of endorsement of the vaccine. 

• Thanks 1

I think its fair to say, that in the early Days of the Infections in Thailand, Sinovac probably did help with the Infection rate.

However, since the arrival of the Delta Variant, Sinovac, with its low Efficacy rate, has become non relevant in stopping Infections.

Akin to putting a BandAid on a severed Leg.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I think its fair to say, that in the early Days of the Infections in Thailand, Sinovac probably did help with the Infection rate.

However, since the arrival of the Delta Variant, Sinovac, with its low Efficacy rate, has become non relevant in stopping Infections.

Akin to putting a BandAid on a severed Leg.

With no real large real world studies to back you up, ya think it's fair to make that claim? It's certainly not sound.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Khun Yogi said:

It appears that anyone who had two shots of Sinovac in the last few months will now need a booster shot shortly of something like AZ or Pfizer. Even the top brands says most people will need a booster in the future.?????

All part of the money making scam. 22 dollars a shot. About 5 billion people getting jabbed worldwide eventually. Why wouldn't you try and foist another shot into all those billions. Ka Ching!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, greg71 said:

Many people I know and hear about are getting Moderna in the USA. Just to much bad news about Pfizer. ALL vaccines are not perfect but I dont like what I read about Pfizer.

• Confused 1

Look at the Phuket Sandbox for Sinovac efficacy.  The island of Thai people were vaccinated with 2 doses of Sinovac.  Look at the growing outbreak there now.  Most farangs on Phuket got AZ or Pfizer ... 

This is not Seychelles or UAE, but here in Thailand.

• Like 2