travel to and from Pattaya

Joinaman

On 9/9/2021 at 11:27 AM, Joinaman said:

so Pattaya is not a red zone anymore and has no restrictions ?

Never had any travel restrictions or quarantine here. Just alot of the usual BS hot air and propaganda...aka, what they excel at, "fibs". 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

Thanks Guys

He live in a small village near me, so have convinced him that if he goes to Pattaya, he will have to quarantine when he arrives back

not sure what the locals would do to him if he sneaked back in and they found out, especially if he did get infected 

They say they are opening up in a couple of weeks, so not sure what that actually means for anyone living here who wants to travel, but told him to wait and see first

He needs to renew his visa there, but ifs still problems, should be able to post it, i  think 

Thanks again

On 9/9/2021 at 9:30 PM, treetops said:

Where in Isaan?  I've just read on another thread that travel to Korat will need 2 weeks quarantine on arrival.

Isaan is the geographical name for the North Eastern provinces of Thailand and covers major cities like Korat, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Buri Ram, Surin etc

Edited by Andycoops

22 hours ago, Henryford said:

Where does one check on these travel restrictions. They seem to change by the day and vary from Province to Province. I would like a short holiday but don't know where to book in case i end up in one of these nightmares.

If you are booking a holiday, then the hotel/guest house/resort management would be the first port of call, I would think. 

On 9/9/2021 at 11:51 PM, jacko45k said:

Are you sure? My Mrs is thinking to go as soon as jab #2 is done. 

Not 100% , but that's what was reported in another thread.  If the guy wanted to go from quarantine straight to Korat he would've been OK, but he wanted a week elsewhere and that was claimed to kick in the additional quarantine requirement.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:35 PM, Andycoops said:

Isaan is the geographical name for the North Eastern provinces of Thailand and covers major cities like Korat, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Buri Ram, Surin etc

Nice geography lesson but not sure what it's doing in this thread.  The teaching/education forum is here if that's what you're looking for:

https://aseannow.com/forum/180-schooling-and-education-in-thailand/

• Haha 1

Last weekend my friend went from Bangkok to her small village at Nan.

At arriving to bus station she was informed that, if arriving to village from Bangkok, she should be forced to 2 weeks home quarantine. 

She went back to Bangkok immediately. 

It seems that small villages, where everybody knows everyone, are forcing newbies to quarantine, but I doesn't happen in big towns. 

6 hours ago, Espanol said:

It seems that small villages, where everybody knows everyone, are forcing newbies to quarantine, but I doesn't happen in big towns. 

I have heard the Province of Buriram has implemented its own rules, and Krabi just did too. You are correct that the Moo-Bahn, Pai-Yai may well shut his village down to those coming in from other areas, by setting up a road block. All I can think is to call someone there to ask.