Rollout of third-dose ‘booster jabs’ underway in Phuket

snoop1130

1631179862_1-org.jpg

The rollout of the the third-dose ’booster jabs’ began at Saphan Hin today (Sept 9). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: The Phuket campaign to provide third vaccination injections as ‘booster shots’ to increase protection against infection of COVID-19 among frontline medical workers and officials began at the Indoor Sports Stadium at Saphan Hin today (Sept 9.)

The AstraZeneca vaccine being used to provide the third-dose booster jabs to those who had received Sinovac as the first two injections, explained Wanlapa Jirasangiamkul, Registered Nurse Head of Anesthesiology at Vachira Phuket Hospital.

“Today, the target is [to administer vaccination injections to] 3,500 people,” Ms Wanlapa said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/rollout-of-third-dose-booster-jabs-underway-in-phuket-81345.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-09-09

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

So I have had sinovac/AZ.

If I have a booster of AZ will I be counted as having been vaccinated properly, i.e. two doses of the same vaccine?

Don't think you are eligible for booster with the Thai cocktail you have, they are boosting folks with Sinovac x 2, so you are not considered properly vaccinated in many OTHER countries. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Valentine said:

I thought the latest WHO advice was to ensure everyone got at least their first jab before moving on to 3rd jabs

But this is Phuket, gota keep the tourists coming. The millions without a first jab can wait !

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, garzhe said:

But this is Phuket, gota keep the tourists coming. The millions without a first jab can wait !

Many countries have started or are well underway with boosters for the general population; this booster here is for frontline health care workers.

But don't let an opportunity go to waste to bash Phuket.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Will B Good said:

So I have had sinovac/AZ.

If I have a booster of AZ will I be counted as having been vaccinated properly, i.e. two doses of the same vaccine?

I would think so, but you never know with these guys

43 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Many countries have started or are well underway with boosters for the general population; this booster here is for frontline health care workers.

Its not about bashing Phuket its about vaccine equality throughout Thailand, after the frontline health workers are boosted up in Phuket the over 60's are next and already been told to register. While in other parts of Thailand the over 60's are still waiting for their first dose.

• Like 1

I've had 2 x Sinovac. You can keep the AZ booster. It's a fun way to keep expats from travelling again as it won't be recognised by anyone, but no thanks.

Just should have headed to the US to get a proper vaccine in the first place. Maybe this is how you get the sandbox numbers up of "tourists returning". ????

30 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its not about bashing Phuket its about vaccine equality throughout Thailand, after the frontline health workers are boosted up in Phuket the over 60's are next and already been told to register. While in other parts of Thailand the over 60's are still waiting for their first dose.

Maybe the poster I responded to can speak for himself.

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

Rubbish. My colleague is neither a frontline nor a healthcare worker. Had 2  Sinocrap and got AZ now. As I refused Sinocrap, I'm still waiting for the 1st quality jab, though I'm risk group. Face reality b4 commenting nonsense,

5 minutes ago, Deli said:

Rubbish. My colleague is neither a frontline nor a healthcare worker. Had 2  Sinocrap and got AZ now. As I refused Sinocrap, I'm still waiting for the 1st quality jab, though I'm risk group. Face reality b4 commenting nonsense,

From the OP:

"The Phuket campaign to provide third vaccination injections as ‘booster shots’ to increase protection against infection of COVID-19 among frontline medical workers and officials began at the Indoor Sports Stadium at Saphan Hin today (Sept 9.)".

Don't agree with that, comment on the OP, but don't accuse me of writing nonsense. You make your choices, complaining about those choices is also your choice.

22 hours ago, Nomoneynohoney said:

Wouldn’t it be better to make sure that the whole of Thailand has got 2 Jabs before storting with

boosters in Phuket or do Phuket citizens have some sort of elite status compared with the rest of Thailand

The thai government treats Phuket like it's Eldorado, putting the rest of the country on the back burner for the sake of a few thousand tourists.

• Like 1

My Thai wife, who received 2xSinovac earlier this year, received an SMS just over an hour ago, and here in Phuket she was offered the opportunity to get an AZ booster even earlier this week. She chose 14-September at Karon Orchid Resort for an AZ booster.

It does (IMHO) mean the non-refundable Moderna jabs that we bought and paid for her, may go unused by her, "if" and when the Moderna is available in Phuket (where NO ONE knows when those jabs will be given).  We don't mind if the Moderna goes unused by my wife, as we both considered (when buying the Moderna for her) that it was to be more of a donation to a local private hospital - and we weren't so 'fussed' about having to receive a Moderna jab.  This could mean the Moderna will be available for someone else, which will be good.

I'm curious as to what this 2xSinovacx + 1xAz will mean for any possibility of my wife's international travel. 

I suspect for her to fly now to Europe or to Canada, she will need sometime in the next few months, to get another AZ jab (so to have 2xAZ which is accepted by Canada, UK, Germany, France, even if not by EMA) ... Or if "AZ+Moderna" is eventually accepted for International travel to Europe/Canada, which it is not accepted at present (to the best of my knowledge), to instead use one of her paid for Moderna certificates to get a Moderna jab some TBD after the AZ booster (if that is accepted for international travel)). 

Getting different types of vaccines at times appears to me to be somewhat political - where sometimes I wonder if politics gets mixed in with assessments of vaccine efficacy.

17 hours ago, oldcpu said:

My Thai wife, who received 2xSinovac earlier this year, received an SMS just over an hour ago, and here in Phuket she was offered the opportunity to get an AZ booster even earlier this week. She chose 14-September at Karon Orchid Resort for an AZ booster.

It does (IMHO) mean the non-refundable Moderna jabs that we bought and paid for her, may go unused by her, "if" and when the Moderna is available in Phuket (where NO ONE knows when those jabs will be given).  We don't mind if the Moderna goes unused by my wife, as we both considered (when buying the Moderna for her) that it was to be more of a donation to a local private hospital - and we weren't so 'fussed' about having to receive a Moderna jab.  This could mean the Moderna will be available for someone else, which will be good.

I'm curious as to what this 2xSinovacx + 1xAz will mean for any possibility of my wife's international travel. 

I suspect for her to fly now to Europe or to Canada, she will need sometime in the next few months, to get another AZ jab (so to have 2xAZ which is accepted by Canada, UK, Germany, France, even if not by EMA) ... Or if "AZ+Moderna" is eventually accepted for International travel to Europe/Canada, which it is not accepted at present (to the best of my knowledge), to instead use one of her paid for Moderna certificates to get a Moderna jab some TBD after the AZ booster (if that is accepted for international travel)). 

Getting different types of vaccines at times appears to me to be somewhat political - where sometimes I wonder if politics gets mixed in with assessments of vaccine efficacy.

I'm quite sure arriving in Canada with Sinovax x 2 and 1 AZ she will have to do the 3 day hotel quarantine and the other 11 days wherever and a self test kit to do on day 8.  The all importance ( brand ) of that first jab if planning international travel....