COVID-19: Thailand reports 14,403 coronavirus cases and 15,610 recoveries

webfact

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

What education??? Important things they don't learn, grades are artificially made, and the rest is sportsday, childrens Day and all kind of other activities 

I've no experience of Thai government schools only the International ones and the ones I know of are excellent, better than the UK in their learning results and achievements, facilitating the majority of young people who chose to head abroad to International Universities when they've finished their A levels here, thats certainly what my daughter will be doing and then making here own decision on which country to live in after that.

As for Thai schools I've been here a while and am fully aware that the education system needs a complete overhaul and lacks many essential requirements and standards, however they should not be deprived of even that, it just reinforces their second hand worth with tourists being more important.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I've no experience of Thai government schools only the International ones and the ones I know of are excellent, better than the UK in their learning results and achievements, facilitating the majority of young people who chose to head abroad to International Universities when they've finished their A levels here, thats certainly what my daughter will be doing and then making here own decision on which country to live in after that.

As for Thai schools I've been here a while and am fully aware that the education system needs a complete overhaul and lacks many essential requirements and standards, however they should not be deprived of even that, it just reinforces there second hand worth with tourists being more important.

Another confusion emoji @Kadilo what is it you don't understand?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

Phuket health authorities are reporting 211 new local cases , one case from the Sandbox and two deaths. There are 2,964 patients in care . The #PhuketSandbox has had 89 cases since 1st July #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

And Phipat wants to roll-out this idiocy to other provinces.

• Like 1

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has decided to maintain the current lock-down measures in 29 highly controlled and restricted provinces and restriction measures in other provinces until the end of September.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1436249800312193024

And no change to the curfew until at least end Sept

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1436253976878465034

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 2

Just now, anchadian said:

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has decided to maintain the current lock-down measures in 29 highly controlled and restricted provinces and restriction measures in other provinces until the end of September.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1436249800312193024

Just saw that, so how's that going to work, full restrictions until the 30th Sept with the next day 1st Oct opening to International tourists. Prayut said he's adamant it will happen on 1st Oct. Yet vaccinations are nowhere near the levels required.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Thai scientists are developing a new COVID-19 test that uses armpit sweat

A less invasive COVID-19 test may be on its way ― using armpit sweat.

Scientists in Thailand are developing a sweat-based mobile virus detector, and a pilot test on shopkeepers at a Bangkok food market was carried out this week, AFP reported.

https://soyacincau.com/2021/09/10/armpit-sweat-covid-19-test-dr-chadin-kulsing-thailand/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1631255862

Need some under arm deodorizer for the participants (after test use) and a breathing apparatus mask for the testers (during the " please lift your arm up to the sky phase").

• Haha 1

I am sure it is just a coincidence, but since Prayut dodged last Saturday's vote of no-confidence case numbers have stopped falling like they were the week before. Also, current restrictions are being extended to month end, per @anchadian's post above. Prayut is the Covid Czar amongst his other titles. He must feel more secure than this time last week and can now impose his will without needing to curry favour from MPs.

16 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Do you really think those on ventilators are recovering?

My GF's two aunts did. 6 weeks in the hospital then sent home, were on ventilators for 2 weeks plus. I guess their saving grace was they had been vaccinated, yes with sinovac.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

As for Thai schools I've been here a while and am fully aware that the education system needs a complete overhaul and lacks many essential requirements and standards, however they should not be deprived of even that, it just reinforces their second hand worth with tourists being more important.

International schools probably not 50 students in an overcrowded room with no aircondition and only a blackboard....With kids some disabled, or mental problems, mixed together, who don't like to study because there is no future view, they are poor, and will always be that is the reality in many schools....

9 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

International schools probably not 50 students in an overcrowded room with no aircondition and only a blackboard....With kids some disabled, or mental problems, mixed together, who don't like to study because there is no future view, they are poor, and will always be that is the reality in many schools....

Agreed, Thailand's inequality in school provision between Provinces and its lack of good educational facilities and social care are a huge problem, however thats still not a reason to keep them closed behind tourism when vaccination levels are up.

Edited by Bkk Brian

35 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

T.A.T.

Spreading happiness and humour to the world!!

PRESS RELEASE: The Royal Thai Government has announced plans to reopen Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chon Buri, Phetchaburi, and Prachuap Khiri Khan from 1 October as part of the second phase of the country’s reopening timeline https://tatnews.org/2021/09/thailand-to-reopen-5-more-destinations-to-vaccinated-foreign-tourists-from-1-october #ThaiTravelNews #Thailand

E-6nEWXXsAEwXOz.jpg.85c9f4ed05e39b35aba691d9db945b66.jpg

https://twitter.com/Tatnews_Org/status/1436269025835855874

But, But, But, But....oh never mind, left hand/right hand not meeting in the middle and forgetting what was said just a few days ago.  Even the Good PM has now backpedaled and sidestepped while leaping back to October 1st as he promised....I feel sorry for the people that believe it is true and get stuck with canceled flights, the inability to do what they want and of course being tested at every turn should they wish to travel domestically.

• Like 1

Just saw on the TNN 16 evening news that Ko Phi Phi has found 40 cases of Covid with testing today on the island and starting tomorrow the Island will be closed.  Wonder what this will do for the Sandbox.....or any sandboxes for that matter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw on the TNN 16 evening news that Ko Phi Phi has found 40 cases of Covid with testing today on the island and starting tomorrow the Island will be closed.  Wonder what this will do for the Sandbox.....or any sandboxes for that matter.

Thailand's Koh Phi Phi has been sealed off from domestic visitors for 7 days after 40 people - 33 migrant workers and 7 police officers - got #COVID19. Phuket Sandbox travellers however are still allowed on the island.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1436291914194571267

Edited by anchadian
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If you think that is worth something to celebrate considering this a pandemic that has been in the world for a minimum of 18 months, I pity you. But I see you habitually try to make a catastrophe and a neglect of moral duty, sound appealing.

I have never smelt as much BS, except from the General and his poodle.

No need to pity me I’m fine honest thanks for your concern though, much appreciated. 

Im not sure what the rest of the babble is, but if it means I look for the positives, then yes guilty as charged. But I appreciate that is not to everyone’s liking. 

What’s gone is gone. No one is celebrating what has passed and the mistakes made and no one can turn the clock back. 

But I am celebrating the wonderful vaccination achievement in the past few weeks by the nurses and front line volunteers who have worked tirelessly to deliver 600-800 jabs a day against all odds and on occasions 900,000 much to the annoyance of the sceptics who said it couldn’t be done and no doubt will continue to undermine the numbers and hence effort by those involved. 

I pity the ones who can’t recognise that and it won’t stop me continuing to praising those efforts however much it annoys certain individuals. 

Enjoy your evening. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

Just now, anchadian said:

hailand's Koh Phi Phi has been sealed off from domestic visitors for 7 days after 40 people - 33 migrant workers and 7 police officers - got #COVID19. Phuket Sandbox travellers however are still allowed on the island.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1436291914194571267

What's the difference if the domestic visitors have been double vaccinated already as well.  This is starting to get completely and utterly stupid.  Say I cam into Thailand in July and went through the sandbox, then when finished headed home to BKK.  Now 2 months later I want to go to Phi Phi I can not.  As I said stupid people not thinking about the true reality of one being vaccinated.

• Like 1

Today marks 5 months on of a “2 week closure” of Pattaya’s entertainment industry

Today, September 10th, 2021, marks five months of a “two-week” closure of Pattaya’s economic driving (but controversial) entertainment industry that employs tens of thousands of people directly and even more indirectly

First, here is the original closure article from April:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/10/today-marks-5-months-on-of-a-2-week-closure-of-pattayas-entertainment-industry/

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Today marks 5 months on of a “2 week closure” of Pattaya’s entertainment industry

Today, September 10th, 2021, marks five months of a “two-week” closure of Pattaya’s economic driving (but controversial) entertainment industry that employs tens of thousands of people directly and even more indirectly

First, here is the original closure article from April:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/10/today-marks-5-months-on-of-a-2-week-closure-of-pattayas-entertainment-industry/

Crazy, just crazy how this country and peoples finances has been turned upside down without Thailand's government helping out the most vulnerable and now unemployed seasonal workers.

• Like 1

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on Friday said the Mental Health Department must find ways to reduce the rising number of suicides. "It needs to be urgently rectified, not just monitored," Anutin told reporters.

According to the Mental Health Department, in 2020 the suicide rate in Thailand was 7.37 people per 100,000 people, a rise from 2019's 6.64 per 100,000.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1436300385719705606

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1