Thailand reports 11,786 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You know Thais, if someone’s got it then they must have it. ????

Agree to that, seems odd tho that  bustling Central Pattaya has not recorded a case now for months that I recall whereas some folk here have  numerous covid neighbours! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Agree to that, seems odd tho that  bustling Central Pattaya has not recorded a case now for months that I recall whereas some folk here have  numerous covid neighbours! 

The Shopping malls are relatively safe I think even if not fully vaccinated. Most are not going to be packed at this time. 

Yes what they say and what the reality is are often two different things. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You just don't pay much attention then to what is happening around you, either that or your circle of friends is small if you don't know of anyone who has been infected. Actually, I would have to say your one of the lucky few. To many, plus family of ours have been infected and even passed on.

Certainly the case where I am, I know a minimum of 15 people both foreigners and Thai's, the last 2 caught it just 4 days ago and led to my whole family having to take rapid tests, mentioned in a post at the time

Edited by Bkk Brian

Thailand currently sitting at 29th in total number of cases on the worldometer Covid ranking table

Fallen to 125th in deaths/1million of population after yesterday’s numbers which is seen by many as a far better measurement of the current situation. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#main_table

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So does this mean that Hua Hin is not ready to open to the Domestic and international travelers? or does it mean they have the virus cornered and it will be abating soon as the Government keeps saying.  I do not think that no matter what steps are taken that the virus will go away.  Sanitize everything, vaccinate those that want and keep testing regularly instead of only testing where you want to.  How can you open up when you keep testing different areas and finding that the folks have covid, oops must have been doing the testing so they could be open and had not tested folks before and the ugly virus showed up for a visit as well.  

Hua Hin, and all the ther proposed opening sites will open up,  come what may.

There is not a Covid Virus yet, or any other act of God that will derail this plan.

Insanity will prevail i am sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smedly said:

Surely she is counted as a foreigner like you and me when it comes to vaccines - in Pattaya the program that was run by BPH was specifically for non Thais and the age is now 18+, Medpark are running a similar program as are Bumrungrad - I had appointments for both but cancelled when I was invited locally here in Pattaya - so at one point I had 3 options for vaccination, anyway hope you get something sorted soon 

Best Regards

Given a lot of people are struggling to get even one vaccine, I'm not sure I'd want to mention having 3 options. 

It's essential in my opinion that age categories and vulnerabilities are adhered to both to save lives and bolster public confidence.

I was fortunate enough to get my first shot yesterday.  It was a struggle to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Given a lot of people are struggling to get even one vaccine, I'm not sure I'd want to mention having 3 options. 

It's essential in my opinion that age categories and vulnerabilities are adhered to both to save lives and bolster public confidence.

I was fortunate enough to get my first shot yesterday.  It was a struggle to say the least.

Glad to hear you got your first shot, its a testament to the shambolic vaccine priority rollout that you had to wait so long. People are already getting boosters such as my wife and she's certainly not in the priority group but got an sms a few days ago and tomorrow she gets her AZ booster.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Aunjai clinic to cater for ATK positive tests

PHUKET: The Phuket government is preparing to set up an Aunjai clinic to administer advice and basic treatment for people who are tested positive by antigen test kits (ATKs) and who have been referred to hospital.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/aunjai-clinic-to-cater-for-atk-positive-tests-81398.php

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

About 19.33% of the population is fully vaccinated.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1437667582522191878

19.33 sounds an exact number, not “about”. My “about 15%” statement was correct as 15% is “about” 19.33%. And though I now know the exact number of vaccinations, I still don’t find it surprising that 80% of fatalities are from the unvaccinated. Hard to see how it could be any different given that a lot of the vaccinations happened in the last month and deaths presumably are counted from the beginning of the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

A reporter covering the Government House tested positive for #COVID19 on Tuesday, leading the PM Office to order all reporters out of the Government House immediately. The reporter is believed to have trailed both PM Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha and Deputy Premier Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1437668968492273664

PM advisor Nattariya Taweewong said Tuesday that in the future Government House beat reporters and photographers will be required to have regular ATK tests before allowing in. It's not clear as of press time when journalists will be allowed back inside the Government House again.

Finally.

Over 129,000 youths in Thailand infected with COVID-19, number rising

Almost 130,000 youths in Thailand, aged between 6 and 18, were found to be infected with COVID-19 from April until September 11, with 69,628 cases alone in August, said Dr. Suwanchai Wattayingcharoenchai, director-general of Health Services Department, today (Tuesday).

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-129000-youths-in-thailand-infected-with-covid-19-number-rising/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Cases for the most part are decreasing which is welcomed as long as it is truthful and not fictitious in nature.  However, the Phuket numbers seem to be hanging in the 200's daily instead of dropping down.  I will wait to see if there is still the ongoing yo-yo porpoise effect occurring later on when the provincial numbers come out.  As we made our donation deliveries this past Sunday I was told that many people in the side sois have been contacted by the BMA and have been tested using the ATK test kits, as well as the mobile bus driving around and inoculating/vaccinating folks.  Seems like the BMA is trying to stay on top of the spread and cases here in BKK which is a good thing.  Tried several times to register the GF yesterday and all of the sites would not accept her information as she has a NON-LA visa and extension.  Made a phone call to the hotline and was told that she will need to wait until they get to her age group....why?????.  Was told by another location that she could get a sinovac and then a AZ vaccine, but due to her medical issues that is a no-go.  Would like for her to get the Pfizer or even Moderna, which by the way she was given her refund for from the hospital we had registered her at for the Moderna.  Oh well, lets see what happens, but it sure seems the Government is intent on reopening in just a little over two weeks according to some of the business folks I have been speaking with.  

Is she in Thailand,  that's a shame. In the states they can't give them away

• Thanks 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 13,798 new coronavirus cases and 144 deaths

COV25.JPG

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Wednesday (September 15) reported 13,798 new COVID-19 cases, 14,133 recoveries and 144 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1231588-covid-19-thailand-reports-13798-new-coronavirus-cases-and-144-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin