2nd AZ jab delayed

Oxx

I was due for my second jab of AstraZeneca this afternoon in Bangkok, precisely 12 weeks after the first jab.  The hospital has just 'phoned me to delay the appointment for a couple of weeks.  That means it'll be more than 12 weeks between the jabs, so they won't be accepted for reentry into Thailand.  What a fiasco! I guess they're not getting the quantities of the vaccine they need.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

My second is due in 3 weeks. First one with THAITRUAMJAI PROJECT. scg bangsue.

If I don't get an SMS before then, I have no idea how I can get a second shot within the 12 weeks.

I see that project is giving out Astra Zenica at some Central malls in bkk.

No way to call and find out if I can walk in. Might just have to go ask..

Edited by JohnOFphon

I got my first AZ jab on June 9 at Banglamung vaccination center set up outside the hospital. Still waiting for my second jab scheduled on Sept 29 as stated on the Morprom app. That's 16 weeks.

The vax center has been moved to a sports stadium. No one at the hospital knows anything about vaccination. The sports stadium has only sinovax now. I don't know what's going to happen to my second jab. Wait and see.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

My second is due in 3 weeks. First one with THAITRUAMJAI PROJECT at SCG Bangsue.

If I don't get an SMS before then, I have no idea how I can get a second shot within the 12 weeks.

I see that project is giving out Astra Zeneca at some Central malls in bkk.

No way to call and find out if I can walk in. Might just have to go ask..

I'm in the same boat. I received SMS's from Thai Ruam Jai on 25th July and 17th August (to check whether I had side-affect symptoms) with the link to their website that contains my vax details. Given that they're already been SMS'ing me, I will be patient for another 3 weeks waiting for the 2nd dose appointment confirmation by their next SMS.

I saw in a post earlier this month from another who was frustrated at being unable to directly contact Thai Ruam Jai to check on his next vax appointment, so he physically went back to SCG Bangsue to ask the staff there. Surprisingly the staff asked whether he wanted his 2nd jab there and then, so he said yes and ended up receiving it a month earlier than the norm.

• Thanks 1

Probably just a logistics issue. Longer interval not so bad? Hardly worth the concern.

Japan has donated another 300,000 Vaxevria (AZ) doses to Thailand.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/09/15/japan-to-donate-300000-more-az-shots-to-thailand/

An extended interval between the first and second dose of Vaxzevria of up to 45 weeks, resulted in up to an 18 fold increase in antibody response, measured 28 days after the second dose. With a 45 week dosing interval between the first and second dose, antibody titres were four times higher than with a 12 week interval, demonstrating that a longer dosing interval is not detrimental but can derive stronger immunity.

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centre/press-releases/2021/vaxzevria-induced-immunity-for-at-least-1-year-following-a-single-dose-and-strong-immune-responses-following-either-a-late-second-dose-or-a-third-dose.html

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coops said:

Got the A4 vaccine certificate after the 30 minute wait - they did ask for my passport number also to add into the system (I was booked using my pink ID card number). My passport number was entered and a couple of hours later I checked on the Mor Phrom App, and the Vaccine Certificate is there, as is a Digital Health Pass which has my passport number and vaccination status (my name is written in Thai  on this Health pass, in English  on the vaccine certificate).

Thanks for this useful info which prompted me to check my own Mor Phrom App and noted the same results as you have set out.

I expect many of us have booked a Moderna (or similar) vaccination for next year as a booster, or at least are thinking about it.As far as I know the government is not providing these so we will have to source from private hospitals. It would be great after having received the booster, the details could be incorporated in the existing Vaccine Certificate/Digital Health Pass - but I guess the likelihood the hospital concerned will be issuing their own verification.