Is a private car driving license legal to drive a 150 cc motorbike ?

finnsk

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Yes there are 2 licenses. However once you have both and if you got them at the same time then when it’s renewal time you just hand in 2 copies (original of some + a copy or 2 copies and original ) and both get processed at the same time, you get a photograph at the same time etc, so while technically true it seems as if it’s all done together.

For renewing, yes...

11 hours ago, shdmn said:

I think if you fail you can just go again so no big deal other than having to pay the fee multiple times.

The very first time I tried to get my license, I failed the computer testing, all they said was come back tomorrow, I went home, studied and returned and passed the next day, no extra fees.

OP, there's several Youtube videos showing what's involved to get a motorbike license in Thailand.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

For issuing the first time it was exactly the same as I had an IDP with both car and motorcycle.

if you have to take the driving and riding tests it is probably one at a time.

Back in 2004 all I had was the old type UK paper DL still,  and got both Thai DL's.

You had to provide your own photo's and the only test was a braking test for a car. ????

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

For issuing the first time it was exactly the same as I had an IDP with both car and motorcycle.

if you have to take the driving and riding tests it is probably one at a time.

Yes, difficult to do both at once.