Anyone noticed the massive increase in cost of electricity?

Bangkok Barry

I have to say that it's good to be away from the bill padding that goes on with some accommodation providers. 

Even though my previous 'landlord' supposedly charged just 5 baht per unit(under duress); my bills are at a minimum 50% less now, even without discount(which most certainly would not have been passed on by the previous 'landlord').

With discount; my bills have been as little as 8% of what I was charged by them, for much the same usage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just adding to the crowd.

4.057 is a normal rate without discount/subsidies.

4.057 Baht ~ 10.40 Euro cent.

That's about one third of the ridicolous rates in Germany for comparison.

Thanks, but I don't need to compare with Germany as I don't live there. My income would be much greater in Germany. I do know that my cooler season bill in Thailand when aircon use is drastically down is now the same as in the hot season when the air is sometimes on for up to 16 hours a day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

But isn't it surprising that the OP didn't complain when his electricity bill HALVED due to the discounts?

Now it's gone back to pre-discount normal pricing it's a problem?

I didn't say it was a problem, I just pointed out the increase. But I now this month, with little aircon use, am paying the same as I did in April/May in the hot season when the air was sometimes on up to 16 hours a day.

15 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What's UC?

UC=Universal Credit.  A welfare/benefit system in the UK.

The connection is that £20 was added as a COVID bonus which expires shortly and the do-gooders are calling it a cut now that it is ending when it is no such thing.