Anyone noticed the massive increase in cost of electricity?

Bangkok Barry

7 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Somehow I don't imagine you will be too upset really. 

re. Car port solar.

20210918_123201.jpg.79a713d8ac54010975b54143a2edca20.jpg

Up until 3PM today we have used -5.8 kWh from the grid, we'll get that back tonight of course.

Meter reader came today at his usual time, no discount this month.

8 hours ago, fangless said:

UC=Universal Credit.  A welfare/benefit system in the UK.

The connection is that £20 was added as a COVID bonus which expires shortly and the do-gooders are calling it a cut now that it is ending when it is no such thing.

Ah, those pesky do-gooders who point out that the most vulnerable in society are always first in line for a metaphorical kicking.

They should tug their forelocks and thank Squire Bozo for their not being quite so hungry for a short time while Bozo hosts a beano at Chequers for the rich and precious to celebrate 100yrs since the palace was bequeathed to the government of the day in order that the P.M. can relax.

Shame on you do-gooders for pointing out hypocrisy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Right, gotcha, a bit like the pensioners crying that they are worse off because of the change to the triple-lock, when they are still, in fact, better off than they were before.

Don't go there. ????

41 minutes ago, Crossy said:

20210918_123201.jpg.79a713d8ac54010975b54143a2edca20.jpg

Up until 3PM today we have used -5.8 kWh from the grid, we'll get that back tonight of course.

Meter reader came today at his usual time, no discount this month.

242.4v.

That seems a bit on the high side?

19 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

242.4v.

That seems a bit on the high side?

220V +10% is 242V so right on the official line. That's also at the house so by the time it gets to the meter it's going to be lower. 

EDIT A quick calculation suggests our 60m of 16mm2 to the meter would drop about 4V at 28A so 238V at the meter.

I've not actually measured at the meter whilst exporting at that level, it's rather difficult to get at being on the wrong side of a "wall" of next-door's "restaurant".

The neighbours are probably happy that their fans are going faster ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My electric bill has been reduced a few times over the last few months.

I received my new bill today and it is the standard price I generally pay at this time of the year.

however, we will have increased our usage as our daughter does her online studying in her bedroom which is quite hot during the day.

She is allowed to turn it on as she requires. Many times she does not want it but it is still an extra usage on our monthly bill.

Otherwise, the ACU is on in only 2 bedrooms at night 9pm to 6/7am - hers and ours.

I think it is quite good at the price.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Someone explain, Tarriff 1.1.1 is for users NOT exceeding 150kWh per month, yet gives a price per unit for OVER 250kWh! 

Note: 1. Customer, who has installed meter up to 5 Amp., 220 V., 1 Phase, 2 Wires, is classified under 1.1.1. If the customer consumes over 150 kWh for 3 consecutive months, he/she will be reclassified under 1.1.2 in the following month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

4.05 baht per unit is the standard price.

My last 2 months bills were almost half my normal amount because of government discounts, re covid.

This month's bill is back to normal.

Can't see no 4.05 on my bill. 

Here's our one just arrived we are on 15/45. 

1632022073447486595211.thumb.jpg.7a14d76f6f72ea752a280963a872c744.jpg

2 minutes ago, dabhand said:

The rates are progressive and depend on monthly consumption. Details are here:

https://www.pea.co.th/Portals/1/demand_response/Electricity Tariffs Nov61.pdf?ver=2018-11-21-145427-433

The bill total can be checked on this calculator link:

https://eservice.pea.co.th/EstimateBill/#

Some other points (not directed at Kwasaki).

As another poster mentioned, the rates have not changed since November 2018. All recent variances from the stated rates are due to government subsidies. Details of the calculation of these subsidies were announced in the press and included in earlier forum topics. Current bills are now back to normal with previous bills having been reduced by subsidies. Nowt else!!

Yeah I agree with you I have to say I don't take much notice of the electric bill after leaving UK 18 years ago where my gas and electric bill was still much more expensive then than it is here in Thailand still as of now. 

Being on 15/45 since the house was built, obviously the bills went up a bit more when people stayed with us but they have been pretty constant in cost for over a decade.

The farmhouse 5/15 bill use to be nothing to pay for years but have air-con there now but it's never much more than a 100 baht or so a month. ????

On 9/17/2021 at 7:10 PM, Denim said:

Just the opposite here. Last electric bill was half the usual and only 580 baht. Wife says it was because of some government hand out or something. Not received this months yet so will soon find out.

If you’re in a condo the power might be controlled by body Corp