Pattaya ready for what it hopes to be a 20% high season compared to the millions before

webfact

18 hours ago, Leaver said:

I agree, it's a popular place. I would say the climate, the freedom (lawlessness) cheap alcohol, meals and accommodation, plus the abundance of affordable prostitutes makes it popular. 

I was merely pointing out that there is a higher cost to mongers than just the 1000 baht for the hour.  They have to include flights, accommodation etc etc.  

Yes, and it was still worth it, and if I only wanted an hour I'd have stayed home.

On 10/18/2021 at 11:40 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, and it was still worth it, and if I only wanted an hour I'd have stayed home.

Mongers were in decline here, season on season, pre covid.   If they weren't staying home, where were they going?   

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Better looking girls on internet, and cost nothing,

Sure, but establishments such as restaurants, nightclubs, live music venues etc were also quiet for mongers, pre covid.  

If they didn't come back to Pattaya pre covid, why would they come back to Pattaya post covid?  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leaver said:

Sure, but establishments such as restaurants, nightclubs, live music venues etc were also quiet for mongers, pre covid.  

If they didn't come back to Pattaya pre covid, why would they come back to Pattaya post covid?  

Ah, I answered " If they weren't staying home, where were they going?" wrongly.

I don't know where they went- perhaps the Phillippines.

To answer the above quote, Pattaya just wasn't fun anymore before corona, and I think the mongers didn't think it worth the cost of flights just to sit in a grotty bar beer with bored girls more interested in their phones than them.

If they didn't even come to Pattaya, they obviously wouldn't be in the restaurants etc.