Pattaya ready for what it hopes to be a 20% high season compared to the millions before

webfact

2 hours ago, cclub75 said:

20 % of zero... it's a big number indeed ????

It's sad to see those grownup people to continue to dream like children....

Pathetic.

It's all about keeping tenants in place, and turning over another month's rent.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

A negative Covid test 72 hours before departure for double vaccinated tourists, similar to Dubai and other tourist hotspots. Simple. 

The other problem however is that Thailand is a Red List country for much of EU and UK. Aussies / NZ can't travel and China is a no go.

A return to mass tourism in Thailand WON'T happen for years, please stop talking about it. It's all utter sh*t.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Ex Bar Owner 

utter sheet in fact

26 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

A negative Covid test 72 hours before departure for double vaccinated tourists, similar to Dubai and other tourist hotspots. Simple. 

You missed the part about the host country being fully vaccinated to around 80%.  

• Like 1

When are these clowns in this circus get off the lao khao and grab a cup of coffee? Think about the real reason foreign tourists come to Pattaya. Hint....it's not Sanctuary of Truth or Non Nooch Gardens and certainly not the 14 days of bliss isolated in a hotel room. Until that changes 5% is possibly an achievable goal

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I honestly think that 200 K Tourists a Month, is going to be very ambitious to say the least.

Tourists, and their Governments reading the headlines about the Phuket Vaccinations that have started today, are going to be really worried about any future Vaccination numbers that are published.

Phuket has put a death Knell into the Tourist Industry for the foreseeable future in Thailand.

Google doesn't bring up anything alarming about vaccines in Phuket. A link would be helpful.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He wants Pattaya to be allowed to open to foreigners as soon as possible seeing a mid-October opening a chance to test the waters with their protocols ahead of high season.

I see nothing about making Pattaya a better experience for tourists. Farang men came for the nite life, Thais came for whatever Thais come for, and I have no idea why the Indians came. Apparently Chinese tourists are not even an option at present.

So, other than Thais and Indians, why would farangs return in large numbers? It's wasn't even cheap anymore, before corona, as they were busily putting a bit of paint on the once cheap places, calling them boutique hotels and putting the prices up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Google doesn't bring up anything alarming about vaccines in Phuket. A link would be helpful.

Guessing he's talking about the new way to make one dose last for five people:

"Phuket has become the first province in Thailand to implement a new injection method of administering a third Covid-19 booster vaccine under the skin instead of into the muscle. Staff at the Indoor Sports Stadium at Saphan Hin began using the new vaccination method for the first time yesterday."

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-try-alternative-covid-19-vaccination-method-stretch-supplies-2021-09-20/

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-begins-new-subdermal-injection-method-for-vaccines

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Bars could open using the same system which was used in the U.K. initially, no standing at the bar, waiter/waitress service only, minimum 6 at one table even an app like Wetherspoons have where you order food/drinks via the app. 
I am sure there are more than enough Bars in Pattaya to cope with all the customers.

Many of the bars are simply not constructed in a way that could be accommodated.... most of them are open area beer bars where table seating is limited. They are small operations where their own App is unlikely. You seem to suggest only certain bars be allowed to open, very discriminating and open to abuse. Even when bars are allowed to open here, with 'rules', they simply are not adhered to. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, smedly said:

deluded nonsense

I don't think too many tourists will be coming until they relax all the pointless red tape - Phuket being a fine example were it served mostly as a slightly better ASQ, (which has now been exhausted)  it is now obvious arrivals have reduced to insignificant levels, surely someone has the brains to figure out why - here is a hint - UK Green

- Fully Vaccinated

- one PCR test 72hrs before travel

- open up entertainment **

- dump the curfew **

- dump the SHA hotel nonsense **

** if you cannot do this you are not ready to open up

Tourists will not be coming until you do all the above 

You forgot 2/3000 pounds for MIQ when returning home.

• Like 2

On top of all that ,  whenever Pattaya opens again , the prices shall sky rocketing , as shall also the scams ....,as all in the Pattaya night life business big and small shall try to recover  the 2 years lost money ...... so i fear  they go kill again the opening of Patts by that way !

Be prepared & be warned , remember "Thais economic recovering's philosophy " before of a bad day, ......just augmenting  their prices with same as their losses before 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

Please stop giving these comments oxygen. They have been coming relentlessly for the last 18 months and not ONE of them have come to fruition. It's all utter nonsense. All of it . Please just stop.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Ex Olympic Judo Medallist, Double Jabbed.

This is a public forum, so why should it be stopped? The posters are only giving their opinions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I see nothing about making Pattaya a better experience for tourists. Farang men came for the nite life, Thais came for whatever Thais come for, and I have no idea why the Indians came. Apparently Chinese tourists are not even an option at present.

So, other than Thais and Indians, why would farangs return in large numbers? It's wasn't even cheap anymore, before corona, as they were busily putting a bit of paint on the once cheap places, calling them boutique hotels and putting the prices up.

What is the difference between a Boutique Hotel and an ordinary one?

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

TripAdvisor, Facebook, local expats reporting the plain truth. People aren’t stupid you know. Then there are official government warnings, and finally, the travelers own common sense.

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"Why... we are vaccinated and therefore there is no need for restrictions - Thailand - TAKE NOTE........PLEASE!!!"

Well said, but do you think The Chuckle Brothers will care about what you are saying? They are only interested in themselves and their mostly overseas bank accounts.

'Course not...as I've said elsewhere "They always know better"....except when they don't!!!

Since it is only the end of September, I suspect that with only small numbers of tourists arriving, by

the end of October, we all may see some glimmer of intelligence and less restrictions, and

lock down rules, and alcohol bans on going.   I cannot believe that all government people

are equally stupid, or ignorant of what kind of conditions the international tourist will accept

when they are on a long awaited holiday.  Or maybe by the end of November a light bulb may come on

and the great Thai government will change.  555,  sorry I am becoming more cynical every day.

Must be COVID stress.

Geezer

• Like 2