Pattaya ready for what it hopes to be a 20% high season compared to the millions before

webfact

Bars could open using the same system which was used in the U.K. initially, no standing at the bar, waiter/waitress service only, minimum 6 at one table even an app like Wetherspoons have where you order food/drinks via the app. 
I am sure there are more than enough Bars in Pattaya to cope with all the customers.

1 hour ago, davidmann said:

France has given corvid injection to everybody ,saved the tourist season life is nearly back to normal. , ask yourself why thailand did not do the same. 

Same in Ireland ...I was visiting family in West Cork but we avoided the closest town to their house (Schull) because it was overrun with tourists ....but other towns in the area were the same.... great for the economy ...

Tell that to Anutin who wouldn't even accept a free gift of a million Pfizer vaccines ... the best one.... from USA , with a promise to send more as the USA did for Indonesia.... 8 million free....Wouldn't bother to fill out the required paperwork and denying his incompetence....

So I hope the Thai Leaders keep watching the disgraceful melee of innocent people risking infection frantically trying to get vaccinated in your other headline today but don't insult human intelligence by denying culpability. 
That video won't be included in TAT's next exciting announcement to foreigners .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Same same but different.

Listen to Boom Boom Boom (Bum, Bum, Bum) on Spotify. Alexandre Pires · Song · 2003.

Naah!!!! Black Stone Cherry song "Blame it on the Boom Boom". It could have been written for Thailand, especially Pattata 5555 ????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've just watched a 30 minute video by someone walking around Soho in London after 11pm on Friday night last week. Streets were packed with drinkers standing outside pubs, people still queueing to get into restaurants, not a mask or restriction in sight. A vibrant, lively scene.

Now, why the heck would any one of them want to jump on a plane and fly for 10-12 hours at considerable expense to spend time in a place where a curfew is in place, you can be arrested for daring to drink a beer, where even if you could drink a glass of wine costs the same as a bottle there, and where half the buildings are derelict - and that isn't to mention the hoops they'd have to jump through even to get on the plane.

London.png

Agreed. My local town centre now looks the same as it did in 2019. Loads of young people in and out of pubs, bars and clubs.

In the past 2 weeks, I've been to 2 comedy clubs, which last year were "social distancing" or being held in pub gardens. Now? Back to 2019 status - indoors packed full.

Why...we are vaccinated and therefore there is no need for restrictions - Thailand - TAKE NOTE........PLEASE!!!

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

"Bunawan Patanasin said that if 200,000 Thai and foreign tourists come each month this high season that will be a major positive".

Major positive my eye more of a miracle!

That's great! Since Thai people spend Soo much money on nothing but som Tam and 7/11 Whiskey.  This year is gone!! Let's hope Sonkron has a few Western Folks. ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Talk about a shot in the dark. Anyone making these predictions now, is just taking a wild guess. This is based on absolutely nothing. It is impossible to make a prediction like this. There are so many variables. The longer they wait, the harder it will be to restore the industry. People have short memories. Thailand was already being forgotten by millions, before Covid, due to a dozen reasons. Now? Too many alternatives. This administration continues to see Thailand as the COTU (center of the universe). Say it ain't so! No humility seem to be getting learned as of now. The army needs to figure out a way to muster up some courage, and re-open the nation to tourism. There are many ways it can be done safely, and there will be some risk, but nothing like the risk of not opening, and remaining sealed off from the world, like early 19th century Japan. Not even close.

Plus, you have to factor in:

How people will feel about long haul travel in three years? How will the economic shutdown, and malaise effect their long term fortunes? Is Thailand making any effort, on any level to address the issues that were present, pre-Covid? Traffic and public safety, air quality, road congestion, luxury taxes, wine taxes, jet ski scams? I could go on all day. My guess is nothing is being done to address anything, and every issue they currently face is being blamed on Covid. Now, they have a real scapegoat, and looking within for the source of any of the problems is less likely than ever.

I truly believe, that 20 or 30 years from now, in tourism industry, business and sociology classes, at the uni level, there will be tours of these hollowed out shells, of huge hotels that were built, and could neither find guests to stay, nor even a market for condo conversions, and ended up abandoned, after buyers could not be found, or owners refused to accept 20% of the land and construction costs, as a sales price. 

That is where I see the future of Thai tourism. One must always remember, there were countless issues plaguing the industry, years before Covid, and NONE of them were ever addressed by the lathargic ones. And there were countless other countries with alot of appeal, who were and are trying much harder. 

As often, I agree with your comments except on one point:

"How people will feel about long haul travel in three years?" 

Never mind 3 years Mike, those of us living in vaccinated countries are happy to jump on a 'plane NOW.

Or at least we would be except that countries we want to visit are still stuck in the "Covid stone age" forcing OUR Govts to impose restriction on our return!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Same same but different.

Listen to Boom Boom Boom (Bum, Bum, Bum) on Spotify. Alexandre Pires · Song · 2003.

"The land of Piles".

( ... Well, it does rhyme with "smiles". )

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

deluded nonsense

I don't think too many tourists will be coming until they relax all the pointless red tape - Phuket being a fine example were it served mostly as a slightly better ASQ, (which has now been exhausted)  it is now obvious arrivals have reduced to insignificant levels, surely someone has the brains to figure out why - here is a hint - UK Green

- Fully Vaccinated

- one PCR test 72hrs before travel

- open up entertainment **

- dump the curfew **

- dump the SHA hotel nonsense **

** if you cannot do this you are not ready to open up

Tourists will not be coming until you do all the above 

Sounds like a very familiar post. 

• Like 1

"Pattaya ready for what it hopes to be a 20% high season". Try 5%, at best. Also, you may want ot consider that there is a BIG difference between the money spent on domestic tourism vs. that which is spent by international tourists.

• Thanks 1

Please stop giving these comments oxygen. They have been coming relentlessly for the last 18 months and not ONE of them have come to fruition. It's all utter nonsense. All of it . Please just stop.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Ex Olympic Judo Medallist, Double Jabbed.

• Like 1