Pfizer side effects

Pravda

On 9/27/2021 at 5:13 PM, KannikaP said:

Two days after 2nd Pfizer. Doctor friend suggested it may be Zoster virus ie Shingles, Chicken Pox, Genital Warts has been awoken by the vax. Got cream from pharmacy which seems to be drying it up.

IMG_20210927_063533.jpg

No symptoms until about 1.5 weeks after the second shot when I had the worst Rosacea flareup I have ever had on cheeks and upper forehead with red flush flaking skin and bad acne.  No change in life style prior.  Nothing life threatening but was mugly for about 1 week, currently in remission.  Looked it up and it is one of the off-beat side effects.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

No symptoms until about 1.5 weeks after the second shot when I had the worst Rosacea flareup I have ever had on cheeks and upper forehead with red flush flaking skin and bad acne.  No change in life style prior.  Nothing life threatening but was mugly for about 1 week, currently in remission.  Looked it up and it is one of the off-beat side effects.

Mine seems to be drying up now after 5 days. Hey, it's better than getting Covid! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

I said statistics. I downloaded the data a long time ago. Just wanted to compare their statistics with others that are available.

VAERS is a raw data storage system. They don't do statistical analyses. Not in their remit. Their function is to provide an open and transparent database.

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

VAERS is a raw data storage system. They don't do statistical analyses. Not in their remit. Their function is to provide an open and transparent database.

But a previous poster said that the data is analyzed to give the CDC and FDA important information and if there is a problem they will take action. So if they have analyzed the data surely they would publish it somewhere as other analysts have done. Very hard to know who to believe these days so the official analysis and statistics would be interesting to compare them.

16 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

But a previous poster said that the data is analyzed to give the CDC and FDA important information and if there is a problem they will take action. So if they have analyzed the data surely they would publish it somewhere as other analysts have done. Very hard to know who to believe these days so the official analysis and statistics would be interesting to compare them.

It's an open data source. It's function is to provide raw data. The CDC, for one, takes the raw data and has its medical statisticians analyze it. Probably the FDA does that, too. It's open to everyone. Even to me and you. Why is it so important to you that you get statistics from VAERS? Even if they did do statistics, what would make that special? Because their statisticians would be closer to the source? They would be using different raw data?

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's an open data source. It's function is to provide raw data. The CDC, for one, takes the raw data and has its medical statisticians analyze it. Probably the FDA does that, too. It's open to everyone. Even to me and you. Why is it so important to you that you get statistics from VAERS? Even if they did do statistics, what would make that special? Because their statisticians would be closer to the source? They would be using different raw data?

If it an open data source why would anyone be using different raw data? The figures I see from private analysts are rather frightening so that is why I have asked for the official statistics. Why would they be kept secret and not published.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

If it an open data source why would anyone be using different raw data? The figures I see from private analysts are rather frightening so that is why I have asked for the official statistics. Why would they be kept secret and not published.

Who is using different raw data? Please be forthcoming with us and share links to the frightening studies of these "private analysts". And if it's official statistics you want, that's what the CDC is for. They command a small army of medical statisticians whose job it is to parse raw data. And who is keeping what secret?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Who is using different raw data? Please be forthcoming with us and share links to the frightening studies of these "private analysts". And if it's official statistics you want, that's what the CDC is for. They command a small army of medical statisticians whose job it is to parse raw data. And who is keeping what secret?

in your own words  "They would be using different raw data? "

Just now, GreasyFingers said:

in your own words  "They would be using different raw data? "

Few practices as low on this forum as taking a quote out of context to use it to mean the opposite of the point that was being made. Do you understand the function of a question mark at the end of the sentence. It's about asking a question, not making an assertion.

Here once again is the entire paragraph from which that sentence was lifted:

"It's an open data source. It's function is to provide raw data. The CDC, for one, takes the raw data and has its medical statisticians analyze it. Probably the FDA does that, too. It's open to everyone. Even to me and you. Why is it so important to you that you get statistics from VAERS? Even if they did do statistics, what would make that special? Because their statisticians would be closer to the source? They would be using different raw data?"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Someone Else said:

It is used extensively by CDC and FDA and serves a legitimate purpose.

Yes, but going back to my original question "where can I access their analysis". it would be helpful to get the official analysis, so it would be appreciated if you can direct me to it.

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Yes, but going back to my original question "where can I access their analysis". it would be helpful to get the official analysis, so it would be appreciated if you can direct me to it.

That would indeed be very interesting but I'm not aware of such analyses being readily available, perhaps not as I imagine they would need to integrate proprietary trail data when analyzing a potential signal.  Someone with a US pharmacovigilance background might have a better idea.

Also lots of info here...

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/index.html

It is virtually impossible to generalise.

Many people have absolutely no symptoms with the Pfizer, including myself.

Others have issues,.

How can one possibly make any assumptions considering some nave absolutely no side effects while others do so ?

• Like 1

One of my friends (60 year old) has recently had his second dose of pfizer and he felt really sick for a couple of days- chills, fatigue, headache. He said he hadn't felt so sick for a long time. Not looking forward to my second dose- fingers crossed I guess.  It's not the first time a first hand contact has reported the same- I'd guess 1-2 people in every 10 get this quite nasty flu like illness, which really can't be called a mild side effect imo.

11 hours ago, mommysboy said:

One of my friends (60 year old) has recently had his second dose of pfizer and he felt really sick for a couple of days- chills, fatigue, headache. He said he hadn't felt so sick for a long time. Not looking forward to my second dose- fingers crossed I guess.  It's not the first time a first hand contact has reported the same- I'd guess 1-2 people in every 10 get this quite nasty flu like illness, which really can't be called a mild side effect imo.

Better than getting covid and ending up in the hospital with a tube jammed down your neck. Or. Dying.

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Better than getting covid and ending up in the hospital with a tube jammed down your neck. Or. Dying.

Crape posting.

But it is of course why I'm going along to get my second jab.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 5:30 PM, GreasyFingers said:

There isn't one official analyses. All the CDC's statistics about those rare cases where a clinical problem is detected with the vaccine, start with the VAERS. And, by the way, do you understand now that the VAERS isn't about "bad reactions" but only about "adverse events"?

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

There isn't one official analyses. All the CDC's statistics about those rare cases where a clinical problem is detected with the vaccine, start with the VAERS. And, by the way, do you understand now that the VAERS isn't about "bad reactions" but only about "adverse events"?

I do know what VAERS is about. Just trying to find out more about the 675,591 adverse events that have been quoted and the 14,506 deaths.

Received my second Pfizer mRNA vaccination shot yesterday in Khon Kaen. No side effects. 75+ years old with diabetes since more than 20 years. Received my Thailand Covid-19 Certificate in Thai and English which I believe is accepted in any country around the globe. Excellent work and environment provided by Bangkok Hospital Group.

A big Thank You goes to the person who made this possible for us foreigners FREE OF CHARGE!

Edited by Dario

9 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Crape, but you agree with it? Bizarre.

Of course I agree that a vaccine is better than ending up critically ill with covid.  No brainer! 

But it's to be hoped a vaccine protects you from getting sick - not makes you sick!