Thailand to scrap quarantine for vaccinated visitors from Nov 1

Jonathan Fairfield

uk accepts proof of Vacs from this lot...FIO...

Country or territory....always changing...Thumbs UP..eh

Examples of proof that you’ve been fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine
Akrotiri and Dhekelia Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
Andorra EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Anguilla Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
Antarctica/British Antarctic Territory Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
Antigua and Barbuda Vaccine certificate.
Australia Vaccine certificate.
Austria EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Bahrain Vaccine certificate.
Barbados Vaccine certificate.
Belgium EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Bermuda Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
British Indian Ocean Territory Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
British Virgin Islands Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
Brunei Vaccine certificate.
Bulgaria EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Canada Vaccine certificate.
Cayman Islands Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
Croatia EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Cyprus EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Czech Republic (Czechia) EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Denmark EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Dominica Vaccine certificate.
Estonia EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Falkland Islands Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
Finland EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
France EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Germany EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Gibraltar Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
Greece EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Hungary EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Iceland EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Ireland EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Israel Vaccine certificate.
Italy EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Japan Vaccine certificate.
Kuwait Vaccine certificate.
Latvia EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Liechtenstein EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Lithuania EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Luxembourg EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Malaysia Vaccine certificate.
Malta EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Monaco EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Montserrat Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
Netherlands EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
New Zealand Vaccine certificate.
Norway EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
Poland EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Portugal EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Qatar Vaccine certificate.
Romania EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
San Marino EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Saudi Arabia Vaccine certificate.
Singapore Vaccine certificate.
Slovakia EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Slovenia EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
South Korea Vaccine certificate.
Spain EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
Sweden EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of an EMA approved vaccine.
Switzerland EU DCC showing you’ve had a full course of a Swissmedic approved vaccine.
Taiwan Vaccine certificate.
Turks and Caicos Islands Letter of proof from the overseas territory government showing you’ve been fully vaccinated under the UK overseas vaccine programme.
United Arab Emirates (UAE) Vaccine certificate.
USA CDC card showing you’ve had a full course of an FDA-approved vaccine in the USA plus proof that you are a resident of the USA.
Vatican City
Edited by Rinrada

32 minutes ago, samtam said:

Just been to the Thai Consulate General Hong Kong site, which still shows the ASQ as l being 14 days. No update on the 7 days, which I thought came into effect on 1 October.

It did.  Many hotels have put out prices for 7 days and CoEs are being issued for this too.

I guess the HK Consulate is out of date.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Not selfish at all - in being vaxxed, you are reducing (though not eliminating) the chance of you transmitting the virus if you do contract it. You are also reducing the chance of you needing advanced medical help, thus freeing resources for those in greater need.

Everyone has their views, but where those views are totally nonsensical, whether the people are stupid or not is arguable.

Put this way, this comment is totally agreeable

i do understand what you are saying about the transmission but I said it has been a selfish act as it gave me a (limited)  freedom to move around. I did not get vaccinated in an altruism way ???? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VBF said:

I certainly recognise it being of greater than average intelligence (you started it!) - apparently it is "being addressed" (whatever that means). I seem to recall seeing a link some time ago. Anyone of reasonable intelligence will be able to find it. 

In that case based on what you said here I presume you cannot find it. 

2 hours ago, James105 said:

In that case based on what you said here I presume you cannot find it. 

Cant be bothered to look for it for you, more like - got better things to do.

4 hours ago, alyx said:

Put this way, this comment is totally agreeable

i do understand what you are saying about the transmission but I said it has been a selfish act as it gave me a (limited)  freedom to move around. I did not get vaccinated in an altruism way ???? 

Accidental altruism better than none at all! 

17 hours ago, newnative said:

No, it's not 'racist'.  Korean isn't a race.  Neither is American or British or Thai.  They're all nationalities.  At the most it might be considered discrimination to favor one nation over another nation with tourist policies.  Ditto for favoring a citizen of one nationality over a citizen of another nationality.  For example, a Thai citizen regardless of race might pay a park entrance fee in Thailand of 50 baht.  Foreigners of other nationalities, regardless of race, might pay 100 baht.  Possibly discrimination in some eyes.  But, not racist.   Now, it would be racist if an Asian American is charged 50 baht to get into the Thai park and a white American is charged 100 baht.   

I said Asians or Asean's. They are not a different race from Caucasian? Gee, I guess I just have a poor vocabulary. And, additionally, I didn't know Korea was a country.

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If you disagree with the scientific consensus about science, and you aren’t a scientist, you are wrong.

and yes, there are always a handful of Scientists who are dingbats on subjects outside their field.

To say the the least, that is kind of blunt

As for dingbats. kindly look them up

6 hours ago, mbenson said:

I said Asians or Asean's. They are not a different race from Caucasian? Gee, I guess I just have a poor vocabulary. And, additionally, I didn't know Korea was a country.

Yes, Asians are a different race from Caucasians.  But, once again, a country is not a race.  Korean is not a race.  American is not a race.   Canadian is not a race.   "I am of the French race."  No, you're not;  you have French nationality.  If a Caucasian becomes a citizen of Thailand he or she is now Thai, but still Caucasian.   Thailand's policy is not racist--it's not favoring one race vs. another race.   It might be discriminatory, but calling it racist is incorrect.  

8 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yes, Asians are a different race from Caucasians.  But, once again, a country is not a race.  Korean is not a race.  American is not a race.   Canadian is not a race.   "I am of the French race."  No, you're not;  you have French nationality.  If a Caucasian becomes a citizen of Thailand he or she is now Thai, but still Caucasian.   Thailand's policy is not racist--it's not favoring one race vs. another race.   It might be discriminatory, but calling it racist is incorrect.  

There is no such thing as race.

23 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Exactly, Chataburi Province has just introduced a total ban on alcohol sales after a rise in C cases.

Didn't I say something earlier in this thread that Alcohol causes Covid (joking for those serious folks).  I don't get it.  Does the health department actually think that?  I'm sorry but everyone knows where to buy Alcohol when there is an Alcohol ban.

Anyway, did we ever find out about the quarantine rules?  No quarantine if you have been vaccinated?

One more question.  If you need a stick up the nose test to get into Phuket and you are a vaccinated Phuket resident - can you get the test in Phuket, go to Phang Nga for a few days and show the test at the border, even though the test was taken in Phuket before you left the island and it has been less than 7 days?  These rules are crazy.

is Chiang Mai opening for vaxxed ppl to enter without quarantine 1 Nov? Read the news from Nation Thailand this afternoon. Can't imagine how serious it will get while most of the ppl in thai who had vaccinated only with Sinovac in their body! 

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Still no news about the scrapping of the quarantine on the 1st of November.

Over 20 days to go yet.... these things only get announced at the last minute. Maybe a few rumours from the 29th.....

• Like 1