Thailand to scrap quarantine for vaccinated visitors from Nov 1

Jonathan Fairfield

On 10/2/2021 at 12:12 AM, Carrbhoy said:

You are correct - it is 3 districts being suggested for the scope of the Chiang Mai ' blue zone' one of them being the district which covers the Old City, I just didn't know the name of it.

So are you saying that one of the three districts is 'Muang Chiang Mai', which includes but is bigger than the old city?

If the plan is to operate SHA+ hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya on November 1, they will have to set the SHA+ system up in the next 10 days  or so, to have customers on November 1.

Edit: yes, I am aware that the chances of the government actually doing this on a timely basis are very low.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, treetops said:

An the "plus" bit is related to %age of vaccinated staff so if that's in hand there is minimal work required to go from SHA to SHA+.

On the SHA website there's already 298 SHA+ in Chonburi but strangely none listed in Bangkok.

https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/index?page=2&type=2-Hotel, accommodation and Homestay&province=20-Chon Buri

13 minutes ago, Salerno said:

On the SHA website there's already 298 SHA+ in Chonburi but strangely none listed in Bangkok.

https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/index?page=2&type=2-Hotel, accommodation and Homestay&province=20-Chon Buri

You would almost think they were preparing for sandbox entries next month, which according to some is pie in the sky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

so you think it will all end? Or maybe they know something we dont know?

I think they read or hear the news the same as all of us, and through experience know what to believe and what is hot air.  The reduction in quarantine has happened and the elimination will happen.

Will it be 1st November?  At the moment it's a firm yes, but who knows what will happen in the next 4 weeks?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

where are the booking details , ? can we book 7 days SHA and then free to move outside the area?

Too soon to tell yet; if things go well in October (deaths keep dropping and cases however they count them) IMO there's a good chance they'll give it a shot in November; how long it will last who knows (look at what happened in April-May).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, treetops said:

I think they read or hear the news the same as all of us, and through experience know what to believe and what is hot air.  The reduction in quarantine has happened and the elimination will happen.

Will it be 1st November?  At the moment it's a firm yes, but who knows what will happen in the next 4 weeks?

yes its a decison some of us want to take. Wait until that announcement or  go back in October. Iam a long standing resident with a Retirement visa . Just want to know now 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, treetops said:

You would almost think they were preparing for sandbox entries next month, which according to some is pie in the sky.

Think Chonburi jumped on the upgrade to SHA+ as they where pushing to be a "sandbox" from October, so makes sense they're further prepared than Bangkok I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Think Chonburi jumped on the upgrade to SHA+ as they where pushing to be a "sandbox" from October, so makes sense they're further prepared than Bangkok I guess.

how to book SHA pattaya.? Theres no link to book 7 days . and is it collection from airport?

4 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

how to book SHA pattaya.? Theres no link to book 7 days . and is it collection from airport?

As I mentioned, too early to tell. On past performance we're unlikely to know if Phase 2 of the plan (opening further "sandbox" type areas) is going ahead from November until around 27 Octoberish. Until then I doubt you'll be able to book it officially.

What little they have released is so vague e.g. how are they going to get people to all the proposed locations?:

Bangkok, Krabi (both Province), Phang Nga (whole province), Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin, Nong Kae), Phetchaburi (Cha-am municipality), Chonburi (Pattaya, Bang Lamung, Na Jomtien, Bang Saray), Ranong (Koh Phayam), Chiang Mai (Mueang District, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng, Doi Tao), Loei (Chiang Khan) and Buriram. (Mueang District).

ALSQ in Pattaya has pickup from BKK so I don't think that will be an issue for you, but they;ve got a lot of specifics to iron out yet.

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just talked to a friend from the US who wants to return for a visit to Thailand. She has been trying for the past few days to book flights and jump through the hoops to get here for her scheduled vacation in November.  However the frustration of not knowing about the quarantine issues and such, as she will be heading to BKK and Ayutthaya, being cemented in place is very vexing and she decided to just head to Spain instead. 

If you believe what the Thai government says about quarantines, timelines, and promises might I re-affirm my assertion that you have been dropped on your head several times too many as an infant?  

I agree, there are plenty of better places to go - for probably the same amount of money too!  The prices for quarantine hotels, overpriced this, overpriced that, certain insurance from a  certain country, etc etc etc adds up.  

No, I wouldn't travel to Thailand right now.  No way.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, treetops said:

And 9 other regions.

It's never 100% until people are actually in their hotels, but intentions are clear.

Seems to me that there's a fairly solid future intent to waive all quarantine (for fully vaccinated travelers) at 1 November.

But also seems to me there's also a current strategy to not release this information until say 3rd week of October.

Why? Because they fear early release of this policy will automatically push many would be arrivals to wait and enter after 1 Nov.

Therefore killing some potential arrivals from entering during first 2 or 3 week of October, therefore they won't be spending money on ASQ hotels then own choice hotels after 7 days quarantine, own choice F and B, shopping during that first 2 or 3 weeks of October. 

All being bad news in terms of opportunity for more businesses to open up/get revenues. 

We wait and see.

• Like 1