Thailand to scrap quarantine for vaccinated visitors from Nov 1

Jonathan Fairfield

21 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

Do we need a PCR before entering U.K.?

For..Fully vaccinated travellers entering or returning to England./UK... The Day 2 PCR test requirement was being Scrapped in favor of a cheaper lateral flow/antigen Test.  With just one lateral flow test required, the cost would drop to as low as £33 each.. 

Unfortunately this had been delayed until further notice due to lack of Antigen Test kits. ????‍♀️????‍♀️ 

The Good News however is you no longer need a Pre-departure test to enter the United Kingdom.(although might be worth getting one just in case)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rinrada said:

For..Fully vaccinated travellers entering or returning to England./UK... The Day 2 PCR test requirement was being Scrapped in favor of a cheaper lateral flow/antigen Test.  With just one lateral flow test required, the cost would drop to as low as £33 each.. 

Unfortunately this had been delayed until further notice due to lack of Antigen Test kits. ????‍♀️????‍♀️ 

The Good News however is you no longer need a Pre-departure test to enter the United Kingdom.(although might be worth getting one just in case)

I’ve just paid £75 for a DIY PCR test they post to your address..

Any news if $100 insurance and CoE still required to reenter?

7 day quarantine hasn’t been scrapped!

On 10/4/2021 at 10:44 PM, aussiexpat said:

I can't do 14 days ASQ, which is why I haven't come back yet, however I have no issue with 7 days. There's nothing open in Phuket anyway so just another hassle having to get from Phuket to my home in Pattaya.

me too the same.
Is ALQ in Pattaya  ok  to get COE ? or they want ASQ only in Bkk ?

37 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Still no confirmation that quarantine will be scrapped on November 1.

Hey Danderman, do you think quarantine will be scrapped on November 1? I've noticed about 50 posts you've made where you say it won't be?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I have made posts reminding everyone that the OP is unconfirmed, especially when someone posts here that they are coming to Thailand because quarantine ends on November 1.

Well that's exciting then ????

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Still no confirmation that quarantine will be scrapped on November 1.

Every day they delay clarifying the policy is another day of confusion that allows people to make other plans. High season in Thailand is Nov-Feb. You can't decide once you get into that time frame that it's time to let people know how to get into the country to try to salvage it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mickeem said:

Breaking news on Sky an hour ago that that Thailand is dropping quarantine for vaccinated visitors from some countries including the UK

Here are the relevant quotes (translated) from Prayut speech just now... 

Today, I would like to announce the first small but important step in decisively beginning the process of trying to restore our livelihoods.

During the last weeks some of Thailand’s most important tourist source countries have begun to ease their travel restrictions on their citizens – countries like the UK, that now allow convenient travel to our country, as well as countries like Singapore and Australia that have started to ease travel restrictions on their citizens visiting other countries.

With these developments, we must act quickly but still cautiously, and not miss the opportunity to entice some of the year-end and new year holiday season travelers during the next few months to support the many millions of people who earn a living from our tourism, travel and entertainment sectors as well as the many other related sectors.

I have, therefore, instructed the CCSA and the Ministry of Public Health to urgently consider within this week to allow, as of 1st November, international visitors to enter Thailand without any requirement for quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and arrive by air from low-risk countries.

All that visitors will need do is to show that they are COVID-free at their time of travel with an RT-PCR test undertaken before they leave their home country, and do a test in Thailand, after which they will be free to move around Thailand in the same way that any Thai citizen can do.

Initially, we will begin with at least 10 countries on our low-risk, no-quarantine list, including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China, and the United States of America, and enlarge that list by 1st December, and, by 1st of January move to a very extensive list.

Visitors from countries not on the list, will, of course, still be much welcomed, but with quarantine and other requirements.

By 1st December, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of entertainment venues under appropriate health precautions to support the revitalization of the tourism and leisure sectors, especially as we approach the new year period.

I know this decision comes with some risk.  It is almost certain that we will see a temporary rise in serious cases as we relax these restrictions.  We will have to track the situation very carefully, and see how to contain and live with that situation because I do not think that the many millions who depend on the income generated by the travel, leisure and entertainment sector can possibly afford the devastating blow of a second lost new year holiday period.  

But if, in the months ahead, we see an unexpected emergence of a highly dangerous new variant of the virus, then, of course, we must also act accordingly and proportionately when we see the threat.  We know that this virus has surprised the world several times, and we must be ready for it to do so again.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mickeem said:

Breaking news on Sky an hour ago that that Thailand is dropping quarantine for vaccinated visitors from some countries including the UK

Prayut's speech did not say that (and hadn't beeen made an hour ago) but as I just said on another thread:

"I didn't think the language was convincing, but that may be due to the translation.  He reportedly said he would instruct the CSSA and MOPH to consider allowing visitors in without quarantine."

OK, he's in charge and what he says normally goes, but I'm encouraged rather than convinced.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

PCR-Test before leaving home country and PCR-Test on arrival.

What happens if you test positive in Thailand?

Will you have to quarantine?

No nightlife until 1st December.

You booked yet?

For me this is the rite amount of testing. Testing before leaving, and one on arrival is more than enough. If they then start testing days and weeks later it's just one step too far. 

Any news on children or concrete details?

27 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Appreciate it’s gonna be a serious dent in your post count but you can stop now. ????

In full

https://www.thainewsreports.com/2021/10/11/national-address-of-the-prime-minister-of-thailand-on-monday-11-october-2021/

Note @Kadilo the use of the words 'we will consider alcoholic beverages from 1st December.'

Consider!!!!!!!

Get booking @Kadilo your dreams have come true.

We want to know your dates of travel.

????

1 minute ago, DonniePeverley said:

For me this is the rite amount of testing. Testing before leaving, and one on arrival is more than enough. If they then start testing days and weeks later it's just one step too far. 

Any news on children or concrete details?

Is that right.

What happens to you or your children if you test positive when tested in Thailand?

Do you know?

Are you separated from your children?

Where do you quarantine?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Is that right.

What happens to you or your children if you test positive when tested in Thailand?

Do you know?

Are you separated from your children?

Where do you quarantine?

Yes you are seperated from your children if you test positive and they negative. It's still a risk. 

I await concrete details on children, because children in the UK are only given one vaccine shot. 

5 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

Yes you are seperated from your children if you test positive and they negative. It's still a risk. 

I await concrete details on children, because children in the UK are only given one vaccine shot. 

Exactly far more details still needed, I've got a daughter that wants to come over and bring her children to see me and also my mother but clarification on this and all other aspects are urgently needed for them to be here for xmas. At this time all we've got is that he is asking the CCSA and Health Ministry to consider this.

Hi helpful people. I have 4 questions if anyone knows at all.

1) Any news if you still need COE from Nov?

2) Has anyone done the whole COE thing?

3) I heard for COE you have to provide proof of payment for hotels you will stay at for whole trip. Anyone know if this is true? If so It would put me off I think, I don't want to plan whole thing ahead, who knows how plans may change when I get there.

4) Internal flights are looking on? And do you have to pay approx 100 pounds for a test, even for internal flights?

Ok, I guess that was 5! Any help much appreciated, keep up good work, I am thinking of maybe going to Thailand around 28th Dec.  Cheers!

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Appreciate it’s gonna be a serious dent in your post count but you can stop now. ????

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/11/thai-prime-minister-announces-country-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-low-risk-countries-consideration-of-opening-bars-and-entertainment-venues/

The excellent Pattaya News update.

They think COE and mandatory insurance may stay.

Balanced reporting of things, with a healthy dose of "but we know what the Thai authorities are like" added in.

Not bootlicking, like some of our esteemed contributors.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bennn said:

Hi helpful people. I have 4 questions if anyone knows at all.

1) Any news if you still need COE from Nov?

No confirmation one way or another.

2) Has anyone done the whole COE thing?

100’s of thousands have (40,000 have entered Phuket Sandbox).

I have done the CoE 3x (2x ASQ / 1x Sandbox) - Lots of info on this forum regarding the CoE process. 

3) I heard for COE you have to provide proof of payment for hotels you will stay at for whole trip. Anyone know if this is true? If so It would put me off I think, I don't want to plan whole thing ahead, who knows how plans may change when I get there.

True. Proof of pre-payment is required (I used fully refundable Agoda bookings). 

4) Internal flights are looking on? And do you have to pay approx 100 pounds for a test, even for internal flights?

PCR tests are required <7 days of any internal travel to Phuket (I’m not sure about Samui).

PCR is not required for travel to ‘other’ destinations within Thailand (the inter provincial rules are a little variable). 

Ok, I guess that was 5! Any help much appreciated, keep up good work, I am thinking of maybe going to Thailand around 28th Dec.  Cheers!

The Prime Minister just announced that he’s asked the CCSA to approve opening up Thailand without the need for quarantine from 1st Nov (if vaccinated and from key countries) - this will be confirmed by CCSA (Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration) in the coming week, but is likely to go ahead given the significance of the PM announcing it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No confirmation one way or another.

100’s of thousands have (40,000 have entered Phuket Sandbox).

I have done the CoE 3x (2x ASQ / 1x Sandbox) - Lots of info on this forum regarding the CoE process. 

True. Proof of pre-payment is required (I used fully refundable Agoda bookings). 

PCR tests are required <7 days of any internal travel to Phuket (I’m not sure about Samui).

PCR is not required for travel to ‘other’ destinations within Thailand (the inter provincial rules are a little variable). 

The Prime Minister just announced that he’s asked the CCSA to approve opening up Thailand without the need for quarantine from 1st Nov (if vaccinated and from key countries) - this will be confirmed by CCSA (Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration) in the coming week, but is likely to go ahead given the significance of the PM announcing it. 

In regards to proving where you will stay for the whole trip to get the COE:

I plan to get a 90-day visa to come to Thailand. I might choose to do the sandbox for 7 days on arrival then travel to my apartment in Bangkok. Thus, I won't actually stay in a hotel for the whole time I'm in Thailand. What does one do about that?