The Infectious Nature of Misinformaton

Chomper Higgot

38 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Erm, it’s you that is arguing about future events of which there isn’t the slightest evidence of those events occurring.

No definition, no scale, no data, no research, no preliminary investigation nor scientific basis beyond ‘something might happen’.

Worse than misinformation absolutely no information.

ok I'll bite, and use your MO ????

please explain why you think there is zero risk for COVID vaccination, and that there will not be any long term negative effects on vaccinated people

please state research, data, and scientific basis for zero risk vaccination, and future effects that will prove that you were right all along ????

Good luck, and you have one hour to return your findings to the board ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Sad 1

Just now, GrandPapillon said:

ok I'll bite, and use your MO ????

please explain why you think there is zero risk for COVID vaccination, and that there will not be any long term negative effects on vaccinated people

please state research, data, and scientific basis for zero risk vaccination, and future effects that will prove that you were right all along ????

Good luck, and you have one hour to return your findings to the board ????

I didn’t say there is zero risk.

I’ve said the long term effects you claim to know about don’t exist, there’s zero evidence of them existing.

You are arguing there are long term effects, you can’t even tell us by what mechanism these might occur.

So please, you made the assertion of long term effects, it’s for you to provide the evidence.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No, some dream up attacks on personal freedom (despite decades of mandatory vaccines). 

And then feed their fear by latching on to misinformation because, well science based medics, it’s got to be wrong.

If you need a vaccine to for example go to work, that is an attack on personal freedom.

There is misinformation yes, but on both sides of the argument. Things are not helped when people are not allowed to make up their minds, when the government makes their minds up for them they may, and have every right to, question this.

When questioning the narrative that governments want to portray becomes illegal as some people seem to want, those that seek this make everything worse for their own cause.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Boarn said:

If you need a vaccine to for example go to work, that is an attack on personal freedom.

There is misinformation yes, but on both sides of the argument. Things are not helped when people are not allowed to make up their minds, when the government makes their minds up for them they may, and have every right to, question this.

When questioning the narrative that governments want to portray becomes illegal as some people seem to want, those that seek this make everything worse for their own cause.

You should start a thread on this.

This isn’t it.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You should start a thread on this.

This isn’t it.

How is this not related?

You're in some way shape or form claiming anyone who questions the official narrative are crackpots purposefully spreading lies, while not realizing that misinformation will catch on more due to the way governments have tried to get people to have the vaccine. By forcing the vaccine, and prohibiting someone from living their lives if they're not vaccinated, more people are going to assume there is something amiss and spread said misinformation which in turn will continue to fester.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I claimed that there is a strong chance that there will be long term effects, can you note the difference? no you can't apparently ”

OK, show us your evidence of this ‘strong chance’ you speak of and evidence of what these long term effects will be?

dude, we are going in circular ????

almost every vaccine have some negative effects for a small part of the population, some very minor, some more serious, some short term, some long term. It's never 100%, hence why you can't claim that COVID vaccination is 100% safe. We don't know yet.

if you don't get that, then I don't know, get an education in science maybe ? ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Boarn said:

How is this not related?

You're in some way shape or form claiming anyone who questions the official narrative are crackpots purposefully spreading lies, while not realizing that misinformation will catch on more due to the way governments have tried to get people to have the vaccine. By forcing the vaccine, and prohibiting someone from living their lives if they're not vaccinated, more people are going to assume there is something amiss and spread said misinformation which in turn will continue to fester.

amen to that, but I think you are arguing with the equivalent of "flat earthers" here ????

• Sad 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Nothing wrong at all with questioning the ‘official narrative’ if you’ve got facts, science, data to back up your challenge.

Secondhand misinformation isn’t any of that.

because official narrative is not "second hand" information? did government officials actually conduct those research themselves? oh wait ????

seems to me you don't like anything that is not coming from some kind of "authority", the trademark of "ordinary" authoritarians ????

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We are getting somewhere at last.

Yes, there are trusted, reliable, verifiable sources of information.

And there’s all that other stuff.

you mean like governments going to war over a false pretense or lies? like Iraq WMDs ????

oh yeah, they never lie ????

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve frequently posted the vaccine safety data sheets in discussions on the subject of vaccine side effects.

So please don’t claim I don’t accept known risks associated with vaccines.

What I don’t accept is imagined future long term effects of which there is no evidence.

you post anecdote stats that means very narrow things, hardly anything you should be proud of ????

and you know the line: "lies, lies, and statistics" ????

btw, I am also a statistician ????

there is nothing wrong for you not having any imagination about the future or anything for that matter, but the "safe" route is to expect that something wrong will happen with vaccination, because it usually does, statistically????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

you post anecdote stats that means very narrow things, hardly anything you should be proud of ????

there is nothing wrong for you not having any imagination about the future or anything for that matter, but the "safe" route is to expect that something wrong will happen with vaccination, because it usually does, statistically????

As a statistician you’d normally make reference to data.

So no data...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As a statistician you’d normally make reference to data.

So no data...

the methodology is more important than the data to be honest, a lot of data is trash and can be disregarded. The first thing you learn is to understand how the data was sourced, why we are using such and such, what is relevant or noises etc...

and after that it's all about methodologies how to treat the data and compute the aggregates, so statisticians understand it's all about the process, and the containers, not the contents (raw data).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

Thanks for the nonsense. What does it even mean to say "something wrong will happen with vaccination, because it usually does, statistically"? The odds being 1 out of ten,  and 1 out of million are both statistics of a sort. The question is which one? One out of ten is truly alarming, 1 out of a million not so much.

Most people understand that being realistic is not at odds with imagination. But I guess if someone's imagination is inflamed, they might consider realists unimaginative.

• Like 2