Residence Certificate at Phuket Immigration

KhunAndreas

Hello.

Has anyone got a "residence certificate" at Phuket Immigration recently for the purpose of renewing driving license or other purpose?

I read on Piv-Phuket.com that you need 

"Filled in TM30 form. (House owner section can be left blank)

Copies from following passport pages:

Detail page
Current visa/extension
Last entry stamp
TM6 departure card

Passport size picture."

But at the Phuket Immigration website they have a form called "Application Form for Residence Certificate in Thailand - แบบขอหนังสือรับรองถิ่นที่พักอาศัยในประเทศ". I guess Piv have not updated their website and that you should use this form instead of TM30, or somebody know which papers are required?

I will prepare them all, no problem, just want to know so it will go as fast and smooth as possible at the immigration ???? Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

The TM30 form is only for you to register your address at Phuket Immigration.  If you are not registered, you will not be able to get your "Residence Certificate".

Thanks for the reply.

I am already registered at Phuket Immigration and do my 90 days there every time also. 

I am just reading the information that Piv-Phuket gives at https://piv-phuket.com/others/residence-certificate/ , and it seems that even though you have a "Up to date address registration" they say "Filled in TM30 form." is a required paper, but maybe I am reading it wrong.

So I only need the following papers if I understand you correctly? Thanks for the help. 

Detail page
Current visa/extension
Last entry stamp
TM6 departure card

Passport size picture.

3 minutes ago, MarkT63 said:

Hi Andreas, have just done it for my licence renewal.

You also need a copy of your receipt of address notification

????

Thank you for the information Mark!

Did you have the "Filled in TM30 form. (House owner section can be left blank)" as per the information from Piv-Phukets website and just add the copy of your receipt of address notification?  Thanks again

53 minutes ago, KhunAndreas said:

Thanks for the reply.

I am already registered at Phuket Immigration and do my 90 days there every time also. 

I am just reading the information that Piv-Phuket gives at https://piv-phuket.com/others/residence-certificate/ , and it seems that even though you have a "Up to date address registration" they say "Filled in TM30 form." is a required paper, but maybe I am reading it wrong.

So I only need the following papers if I understand you correctly? Thanks for the help. 

Detail page
Current visa/extension
Last entry stamp
TM6 departure card

Passport size picture.

You should not have any problem.  Only issue is whether to pay or not the 300bahts requested.  Officially, it is FOC but some pay and some stand firm on principle which usually results in a delay in issuing of the certificate.

1 hour ago, KhunAndreas said:

Thank you for the information Mark!

Did you have the "Filled in TM30 form. (House owner section can be left blank)" as per the information from Piv-Phukets website and just add the copy of your receipt of address notification?  Thanks again

Hi Andreas

They did not ask for that, just a copy of the receipt address notification

54 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

You should not have any problem.  Only issue is whether to pay or not the 300bahts requested.  Officially, it is FOC but some pay and some stand firm on principle which usually results in a delay in issuing of the certificate.

never paid<
they always say "300 baht"

i always say "but its free"

they say, "ok, for you free"

never wait more than 30 minutes

On 10/5/2021 at 4:53 PM, zzzzz said:
On 10/5/2021 at 3:57 PM, Kopitiam said:

never paid<
they always say "300 baht"

i always say "but its free"

they say, "ok, for you free"

never wait more than 30 minutes

Years ago I once needed two. I can't remember why, and that was before I found out you could simply photocopy the original and use it twice.

Anyway, after I said I wanted two, he asked for 600 baht. When I said they were free, he shouted "OK, first one free, second one 300 baht!".

So I paid. 

"Chicken Little", I know.

I went there yesterday, everything was fast and easy. 

What I needed for the Residence Certificate (if someone else is wondering):

- Application Form for Residence Certificate in Thailand - แบบขอหนังสือรับรองถิ่นที่พักอาศัยในประเทศ (can download from Phuket Immigration website)

- Copies from following passport pages:

Detail page

Current visa/extension

Last entry stamp

TM6 departure card

- 1 x Passport size picture

- Copy of the address notification receipt

- 300 THB (I was told by the Volunteer, who checked the paperwork, that they will ask for 300 THB If I want it same day otherwise I have to come pick it up other day. So I paid when asked to pay and got the certificate after 5 min wait. It doesn´t really bother me and I didn´t feel like arguing over 300 baht but it's up to you I guess).

• Like 1

As an aside to this thread, I was in Immigration this morning doing a drive through 90 day report.   As you come in the "In" entrance, I noticed that the building/house that was formerly immediately on the right has been demolished, and a reasonable size car park area in its place.   There look to be other buildings at the far end of it, not yet complete.   Will certainly help the parking situation inside for sure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pagallim said:

As an aside to this thread, I was in Immigration this morning doing a drive through 90 day report.   As you come in the "In" entrance, I noticed that the building/house that was formerly immediately on the right has been demolished, and a reasonable size car park area in its place.   There look to be other buildings at the far end of it, not yet complete.   Will certainly help the parking situation inside for sure.

Did my 90 day report a few days back. This is the second time in a row that I can't do it online. Anyone have any success using the immigration web-site?

13 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Did my 90 day report a few days back. This is the second time in a row that I can't do it online. Anyone have any success using the immigration web-site?

No.

Not accept last week so drive through this week. Same as last report.