Thailand targets $26 billion in local tourism revenue next year

snoop1130

15 hours ago, 2long said:

If it's 'local tourism' then it's hardly revenue, is it? The money's just moving around, without the international tourist dollar coming in!

add also the governmental support all this time for this socalled local tourism... 

I'm curious how the status of the people of Tland will be after they stop all subsidies! those will be then real figures, now many hotels/restaurants are partner in this subsidized  'economy'...

The economy is . . . 'faltering' -- many are unemployed, many must be living on a reduced income -- so why would domestic tourism increase? Where will those who are affected by the lack of tourism, effects of Covid, and restricted business opening hours get their travel/holiday money from?

1.  Do Thai Government ministers consider that the population is so uneducated and naive they will believe the many ridiculous stories that are published -- assuming the public will be 'uplifted' by good news -- however impossible and ridiculous?

2.  Or are the Government ministers so uneducated and naive that they actually believe the stories themselves?

3.  Or perhaps researchers are so fearful of losing their jobs they only promote results that their 'bosses' want to hear?

If it's 1. it's very sad (but we know the 'general' Thai education system is poor); if it's 2. or 3.  . . .  well, we've known all along, haven't we!

• Thanks 1

How do those 1d1ots target? 

With 500 Baht on arrival fines, screw1ing around with impossible visa regulations, two tier policies, sun cream fines of 100'000 Baht, no holiday drinks between 2pm-5pm at the beach, no smoking at the beach and a beach chair fine? 

Give me a break; your quality tourist spending of 47750 Baht per head requires the smoking of extremely good weed - specially when looking at a picture of those super tourists - a place I personally would avoid by all means as I would not spend 10% to be sardined between those shouting Asian quality tourists! 

2021-10-06T113909Z_1_LYNXMPEH950K7_RTROPTP_4_THAILAND-ECONOMY-TOURISM.JPG.213c494446271425aade831fa8a82695.JPG

On 10/6/2021 at 8:05 PM, snoop1130 said:

Thailand aims to generate at least 882 billion baht ($26 billion) in domestic tourism revenue next year,

So they're hoping Thais will travel and spend 882 billion baht over-and-above what they would normally spend?

Granted if they're on a break away somewhere they would spend a bit more than a normal time at home, but those figures are pure fantasy.

Also if the government subsidises it to encourage them to travel [like the lets go halves scheme] then that has to be taken out of any so-called profit.

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:

Yes you are

Do you want to meet me? make a target of me then you better be able to back yourself up and i mean it, just ask and i'll give you my details for a meet anywhere on the planet

Edited by henry213

On 10/7/2021 at 2:50 AM, mjakob007 said:

Brilliant Idea!!

We want domestic tourists to spend 882bill. All we need, is to ensure the domestic population has disposable income of 882bill, so that they can spend... 

drilling down; 70mill population - 882bill spend

- if 25% of the population takes part in this bonanza, thats some 50,000/tourist

- assuming 4 pax per family, thats 200,000 baht per family of disposable income for tourism.

Now, on to the next brilliant idea...

Where is their  money coming from. With a large percentage of the working population out of work?

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 2:51 PM, Chiang Mai Will said:

The economy is . . . 'faltering' -- many are unemployed, many must be living on a reduced income -- so why would domestic tourism increase? Where will those who are affected by the lack of tourism, effects of Covid, and restricted business opening hours get their travel/holiday money from?

1.  Do Thai Government ministers consider that the population is so uneducated and naive they will believe the many ridiculous stories that are published -- assuming the public will be 'uplifted' by good news -- however impossible and ridiculous?

2.  Or are the Government ministers so uneducated and naive that they actually believe the stories themselves?

3.  Or perhaps researchers are so fearful of losing their jobs they only promote results that their 'bosses' want to hear?

If it's 1. it's very sad (but we know the 'general' Thai education system is poor); if it's 2. or 3.  . . .  well, we've known all along, haven't we!

2. Very possibly.. Makes you think doesn't it. 

On 10/8/2021 at 7:03 AM, henry213 said:

Do you want to meet me? make a target of me then you better be able to back yourself up and i mean it, just ask and i'll give you my details for a meet anywhere on the planet

He sounds like a fenian so I would be interested in the outcome. 

10 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

Where is their  money coming from. With a large percentage of the working population out of work?

A large percentage of the working population is not out of work.   None of my Thai partner's extended family has lost his or her job.  Not one.  You could say a large percentage of tourist industry workers have lost their jobs, although even there some are still employed.  

For those who never lost their jobs, it's been nearly 2 years of staying home, not eating out, not doing much shopping, not doing much socializing, not traveling anywhere internationally.  In a nutshell, not spending much money.  If international travel is still curtailed,  many Thais will travel domestically.  Before this last lockdown, the large hotels in Pattaya were getting enough domestic business for many of them to re-open.