People who have had Covid-19 should still get vaccinated, says Dr Yong

webfact

An unvaxed Thai friend of mine caught the British variant in Thailand. She spent a week or so in private hospital, no ICU. About two months later she caught the Delta variant. She spent almost 3 weeks in private hospital and 13 days in ICU. We thought she was going to die. Poor health, bad timing, whatever, it was an ugly situation. Just information.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johng said:

I'm not a virologist but as I understand it yes the antibodies wane,  that is "normal"  but the T cells "remember" for much longer  so if the virus appears again antibodies are produced  to fight it off

apparently this is what is seen in people infected by the "original"  SARS virus in 2002-2004  they still show T cell response.

In other countries ppl with past infection get vaccinated. Antibodies reduce after a few months.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, johng said:
11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Antibodies against Covid-19 also appear to wane over time, thus if someone was ’naturally' infected last year, they may not have antibodies this year.

I'm not a virologist but as I understand it yes the antibodies wane,  that is "normal"  but the T cells "remember" for much longer  so if the virus appears again antibodies are produced  to fight it off

apparently this is what is seen in people infected by the "original"  SARS virus in 2002-2004  they still show T cell response.

Is it not the T-Cells which respond to the Antibodies which have locked on to the antigens ?

Thus: Are the T-Cells (killer cells) effective without antibodies ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Yesterday I saw a comment from someone on Reddit and this is what they said:

"So, the best case scenario for maximum immunity is if Im double vaxxed and then catch Covid?

That way I get vax antibodies PLUS natural ones"

No kidding.

Actually there have been a few studies now that show the highest antibody levels are to be found in those who get covid and then get vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is it not the T-Cells which respond to the Antibodies which have locked on to the antigens ?

Thus: Are the T-Cells (killer cells) effective without antibodies ?

No, they don't respond to antibodies. And yes, they are very effective without antibodies.

https://www.immunology.org/public-information/bitesized-immunology/pathogens-and-disease/immune-responses-viruses

https://www.immunology.org/public-information/bitesized-immunology/systems-and-processes/t-cell-activation

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

How many are killed by the common cold?

I never said the virus won't kill you. There are many things out there that will kill you. You just have to be man enough to accept that.

Edited by vandeventer
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I never said the virus won't kill you. There are many things out there that will kill you. You just have to be man enough to accept that.

That's why I forbid my daughters to wear seat belts. I tell them "There are many things out there that will kill you. You just have to be man enough to accept that." Cuz Daddy ain't no kneejerk Neanderthal. Nuh uh.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

If they used the same metrics to decide cause of death as they used for Covid (e.g dying within 28 days of a positive test for having a cold), then that would be potentially millions wouldn't it?  

If that were the case, you might have a point. Listing Covid as a comorbidity is not the same as listing it as the cause of death. And that's the way it's being done for a long time now. And of course, the kind of nonsense you cite this to back your case takes no account of excess mortality figures. If anything. as excess mortality figures show, covid is being underreported as cause of death.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Interesting why doctors with personal experience treating their patients would lie about many more problems after having a covid mrna vax. What do they have to gain by lying? Is it best to believe the data from so called science or the doctors in the field? Of course if one has had a vaccine we know who one would choose to believe.

On 10/8/2021 at 1:33 AM, placeholder said:

How many are killed by the common cold?

Estimates for world wide, upto 600,000 deaths per year, not an insignificant amount - does that answer your question? 

so where are his back up studies?

Or are they just his daily musings?

so far all positives and hospitalised in thailand are told to get vax minimum 3 months after getting clean. And no brand is specified, just any vax.

That's why for travel in thailand you can use hospital record, for example to enter phuket, issued within 3 months.

In the wide world those certified with illness can travel, even internationally, up to 180 days. 

On 10/7/2021 at 11:58 AM, AnotherFarang8 said:

Nah, they do know. They are not telling the truth to keep their well cushioned jobs. Science is not independent, it is serving politics and big pharma. That’s why i prefer my naturally acquired antibodies. Not because i believe the vaccine does not work but because i don’t like being told lies. Some people are fine with being kept fools. Especially after they’d been brainwashed to fear.

Fear hampers judgement and it triggers survival mode. Then it starts a neverending runaway from peril to safety, always according to the protocols and guidelines you are told to follow. It is sad in all imaginable ways.