Thailand removed from the UK “red list”, list reduced to only seven countries

webfact

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

From the article in the OP.  So you can read it I will paste part of it for you here to help out.

"Thailand, a previous country on the list, has been REMOVED, despite rumors earlier in the day (which TPN media did NOT report on) that it wasn’t being removed. This means visitors from the UK can now travel to Thailand without a mandatory quarantine upon return, only having to take a Covid-19 test on the day after their arrival back into the country.

Only seven countries will remain on the UK red list from a previous list of 54.

The seven countries that will remain on the red list are Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Venezuela.

This will be effective from Monday, October 11th, 2021, according to the UK government."

I posted that link last night!..But there is no link to vaccine acceptance..

• Like 1

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

I have looked. I started a similar thread last night but There is NO confirmation that AZ administered in Thailand will be accepted in the UK nor is the administration of evidence of having received a vaccination been outlined..Instead of trying to be clever why not provide a link?

You said "Where is the source for this?", meaning this thread. If that's not what you meant, kindly make your questions clear.

And the answer is still the same - go to the UK Govt website as I referenced and search for what you want. If it's not there, it's not true and just journalists trying to be clever!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I posted that link last night!..But there is no link to vaccine acceptance..

You need to do some looking at the threads I am afraid.  It is all here in one form or another

https://aseannow.com/topic/1234577-uk-to-accept-proof-of-vaccination-in-thailand-for-several-major-vaccine-brands-including-astrazeneca/?do=findComment&comment=16880567

However, as of today, October 8th, 2021, that guidance has changed and will become effective on Monday, October 11th, 2021.

The complete guidance can be read by clicking right here.

Thailand

Will be added to this list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrive in England before that date you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status.
This country is currently on the red list. If you have been in a red list country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the red list rules.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thank you ???? - that's what i tried to tell him but he immediately told me I was "trying to be clever". You can't help some people ????

1 minute ago, VBF said:

Thank you ???? - that's what i tried to tell him but he immediately told me I was "trying to be clever". You can't help some people ????

Edited my post to put all of the info in it for others to see.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/content/a-testimony-of-friendship-trough-covid-19-vaccine?cate=5d6636c215e39c3bd0006cb5

Not a good start for your uneducated bitter rant.

The AZ vaccine was sold at cost around the world. A non-profit making vaccine.

The rest of your post is equally uneducated and wrong.

The UK has a far older and more vulnerable population than Thailand.

Lives in totally different urban settings during winter and autumn.

Thailand does 40,000 tests a day, compared to the UK's 1 million.

No one believes Thailand's figures.

Yes, if you own assets in the UK, you can turn it into gold.

Gold that's increasing at 10% plus per annum. ????

100 million in total free donations https://reliefweb.int/report/world/uk-begins-donating-millions-covid-19-vaccines-overseas-0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Sounds just perfect. Tell us about daily infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths..... or have they all stopped now too?

It is perfect for me, Don't give a poop about infections and that just about my freedom and if your in Thailand you got none.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

.....and will have black and white pudding ready for you, wouldn't she? And s good Shot of Jamison's?????

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Never heard of a black and white pudding. 

Black Pudding OR White Pudding (yes white pudding does exist it is similar to black pudding but does not include blood) and a pint of bitter in Yorkshire and our enemy county of Lancashire. Deep Fried Haggis from the local chip shop in Scotland with Jaimisons chaser

• Like 1

Whichever way you look at it, it’s good news for those who want to travel again and for those Thais who have been seriously hit by lack of tourism. 

Would not be surprised to see more restrictions lifted in the coming weeks in response to this decision in order to take full advantage of the UK relaxation. 

Plenty of time before the Xmas/NY peak to make the changes, which was always the main goal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

You need to do some looking at the threads I am afraid.  It is all here in one form or another

https://aseannow.com/topic/1234577-uk-to-accept-proof-of-vaccination-in-thailand-for-several-major-vaccine-brands-including-astrazeneca/?do=findComment&comment=16880567

However, as of today, October 8th, 2021, that guidance has changed and will become effective on Monday, October 11th, 2021.

The complete guidance can be read by clicking right here.

Thailand

Will be added to this list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrive in England before that date you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status.
This country is currently on the red list. If you have been in a red list country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the red list rules.

Also worth noting not to arrive in UK before 21st October earliest (if my calculations are correct), to avoid quarantine. See last paragraph:

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Also worth noting not to arrive in UK before 21st October earliest (if my calculations are correct), to avoid quarantine. See last paragraph:

Could possibly be correct, but as of the 11th Thailand will not be on the redlist.  I am not so sure they would play the game of backdating the ten days since the country will be off of the redlist, however I await to hear from someone who arrives after the 11th from here to see if they were forced into quarantine.