Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

35 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Some examples please.

Chase, Vanguard, Fidelity and others offer inexpensive sometimes free SWIFT transfers.  I have used Vanguard for $10 SWIFT and get a bit more Baht usually than WISE offered for my transfers.  A few times WISE would have paid more Baht but only 1+200.

41 minutes ago, pablo el sueco said:

This thread introduced a problem affecting many of us, specifically, "Wise transfers not being processed as International".  That is the topic.  The thread title captured my immediate attention because I want my fund transfers into Thailand to reflect the ultimate reality when they post to my account.  That shouldn't be too much to ask.  God knows my particular Immigration Office has been inventing ways to make my relationship with them super challenging in recent years.  I don't need any additional aggravation.  I personally want to know all the pertinent facts regarding the very confusing situation introduced by this thread.  If I am experiencing the problem with Bangkok Bank, I want to know what other options I have.  If I am experiencing the problem with Wise ACH transfers, I want to know what other options I have.  I find that this topic is not being waylaid by discussions that branch out to consider other banks, and other transfer systems.  Such discussions help clarify the problem and its possible solutions.

When I suggested another thread I was referring to the post talking about transfers to other countries, not to Thailand.

36 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

For those that use and need this method (Wise, Bangkok Bank account, reason for transfer Long term stay) and need it for Immigration, I recommend you send a small amount, it won't work properly (not classed as International), then complain to Wise.

The more that complain the quicker it will be fixed, if possible

Here is a reply I got this morning when I asked if future Wise transfers would go directly to my Bkk Bank as an FTT. This girl who replied does not seem to know much, only what is written in the manual.

Yes, it can be routed to Bangkok Bank. However, as mentioned in my previous email, we cannot guarantee that the money will be sent out to your preferred partner bank. There are unforeseen scenario where a certain partner might be facing a technical/liquidity issue and the system will route the payment via another available partner to ensure same day delivery.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Here is a reply I got this morning when I asked if future Wise transfers would go directly to my Bkk Bank as an FTT. This girl who replied does not seem to know much, only what is written in the manual.

Yes, it can be routed to Bangkok Bank. However, as mentioned in my previous email, we cannot guarantee that the money will be sent out to your preferred partner bank. There are unforeseen scenario where a certain partner might be facing a technical/liquidity issue and the system will route the payment via another available partner to ensure same day delivery.

ask for it to be escalated, specifically mention the "long term stay" process if you haven't already. The question you asked her isn't specific enough to the current problem, so she gave you a general answer

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

ask for it to be escalated, specifically mention the "long term stay" process if you haven't already.

I have done all that, had my account tagged before the 'long term' reason was started, which was a couple of years ago due to a 'technical problem'. I now always click 'long term' on every transfer.

I shall try another small transfer today before my 'big one' is due early next month. 

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

There are unforeseen scenario where a certain partner might be facing a technical/liquidity issue and the system will route the payment via another available partner to ensure same day delivery.

And that may be the issue - but would be nice if they can confirm.  That so many Thailand residents have moved accounts to Bangkok Bank to avail themselves of the FTT passbook entry that they ran out of money in that account could be the reason.  It seems those of us who transferred early in the month did get normal path.

• Like 1

I arranged a small transfer with Wise after the support person said they flagged my account for transfer to Bangkok Bank. The transfer is expected to arrive in 6 hours and that is in keeping with previous transfers that are labeled as FTT.

The 4 previous transfers that arrived labeled as domestic took only a few seconds.

So there is light at the end of the tunnel. Lets just hope it is not a freight train.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And that may be the issue - but would be nice if they can confirm.  That so many Thailand residents have moved accounts to Bangkok Bank to avail themselves of the FTT passbook entry that they ran out of money in that account could be the reason.  It seems those of us who transferred early in the month did get normal path.

although possible i wouldn't expect Bangkok Bank to run out of liquidity, smaller less popular banks yes. Technical issue more likely or a decision to not be a partner

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

I do not think WISE transfers or sends your money to Thailand.  I think they receive your money in the US or England or wherever.  Then I think they give you baht from their account in Thailand.  From a banking standpoint this is not an international transfer since they are just moving money from their account in Thailand to yours.  

12 minutes ago, mojaco said:

I imagine it is Wise that runs out of funds in their Bangkok Bank account to transfer, not the bank running out of funds.

Yes that was my meaning - the account is used so much at start of month no funds available.

52 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

One report 20 mins ago that a Bangkok Bank transfer didn't settle in seconds and is due to settle at 2pm so possible the problem is fixed, assuming the guy has checked his bank account

He also said he had his Wise acct "tagged again" to always use Bangkok Bank bank as the partner bank when sending to his Bangkok Bank acct which from my experience would always result in FTT coding "regardless of reason for transfer....didn't have to select the Long Stay Thailand reason...could select any reason." 

What I hope Wise fixes is a person's Wise acct does "not" have to be tagged to receive FTT coding when sending to your Bangkok Bank acct.   This way if you want an almost instant transfer, don't care about the partner bank used, and don't care about getting FTT coding, the funds could possibly arrive within seconds---funds posting immediately gives a nice feeling.   

But if wanting/needing the FTT coding select the Long Stay Thailand reason and that's all you need to do....don't need to worry about tagging.   However, I do realize that would cause people to possibly not select the most accurate reason for the transfer because getting FTT coding is more important to them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pib said:

He also said he had his Wise acct "tagged again" to always use Bangkok Bank bank as the partner bank when sending to his Bangkok Bank acct which from my experience would always result in FTT coding "regardless of reason for transfer....didn't have to select the Long Stay Thailand reason...could select any reason." 

What I hope Wise fixes is a person's Wise acct does "not" have to be tagged to receive FTT coding when sending to your Bangkok Bank acct.   This way if you want an almost instant transfer, don't care about the partner bank used, and don't care about getting FTT coding, the funds could possibly arrive within seconds---funds posting immediately gives a nice feeling.   

But if wanting/needing the FTT coding select the Long Stay Thailand reason and that's all you need to do....don't need to worry about tagging.   However, I do realize that would cause people to possibly not select the most accurate reason for the transfer because getting FTT coding is more important to them.

This reasoning follows what I am guessing has happened. A few years ago individual accounts needed to be tagged to get FTT transfers. Then Wise introduced "long stay' option that worked for a couple of years.

I'm thinking they did a software upgrade that broke this 'long stay' option and they are scrambling behind the scenes to fix it.

I agree with Pib. The choice of fast delivery or FTT transaction is nice.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

One report 20 mins ago that a Bangkok Bank transfer didn't settle in seconds and is due to settle at 2pm so possible the problem is fixed, assuming the guy has checked his bank account

I do not think the problem is fixed for everyone. It might be fixed for me only by having support flag my account.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Tagging would be fine for me, if i really need money in seconds\minutes I can use my Kasikorn or Krungsri accounts, but hopefully they fix the long stay issue

• Sad 1

I have been doing monthly transfers from our RBS Bank in the UK for over three years and everyone has shown FTT in my Bangkok Bank Pass Book.

My last transfer, I paid the evening of 30 Sept and the money was in my BB account at 14.02 Hrs next day.

As someone previously said use reason to transfer as #10… the last ones on the list.

FYI…at the beginning of every month I transfer 65,100thb to satisfy Imm and then ‘as and when’  to keep about the same amount of thb here.

38 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Tagging would be fine for me, if i really need money in seconds\minutes I can use my Kasikorn or Krungsri accounts, but hopefully they fix the long stay issue

But I think the way it works (from my personal experience with having my acct tagged before) is when you have your Wise acct tagged to always use Bangkok Bank as the partner bank then all of your transfers, whether to Bangkok Bank, Kaikorn, Krungsri, etc., will be routed/processed to Bangkok Bank who in turns posts the funds to your Bangkok Bank acct "or" relays them to your other Thai bank acct like K-bank/Krungsri around 2pm.  

When I had my Wise acct tagged to always use Bangkok Bank as the partner bank so I could get FTT coding at Bangkok Bank then even my transfers to my Krungsri Bank acct showed up a little before 2pm as a domestic transfer regardless of reason of transfer choose....never an instant transfer...and the Wise PDF Receipt always showed Bangkok Bank being used as the partner bank.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I have been doing monthly transfers from our RBS Bank in the UK for over three years and everyone has shown FTT on my Bangkok Bank Pass Book.

My last transfer, I paid the evening of 30 Sept and the money was in my BB account at 14.02 Hrs next day.

As someone previously said use reason to transfer as #10… the last ones on the list.

Do you mean you are doing a SWIFT directly from RBS to Bangkok Bank (Wise not involved) or funding your Wise transfer from RBS (Wise is involved)?   

Also, this Wise problem being talked has only reared its ugly head over the last week or so.  So, if your last transfer has not been over the last week or so and FTT coding is very important to you, be sure to check your next monthly transfer as it might be affected. 

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jmd8800 said:

I do not think the problem is fixed for everyone. It might be fixed for me only by having support flag my account.

The only way will will know is when people post as to what happened with their transfers today.

If it comes immediately to the bank, the problem is not fixed.

Also, you might be right about only your account being fixed, I read on Facebook that a person did a transfer this morning and it came instantly. Hopefully we will know later today. Thanks again for all your updates.

27 minutes ago, jmd8800 said:

I have never needed an instant transfer. I said it was nice for people to have that option.

This post reminds me of why I rarely come to this website and why I refuse to use facebook. I try to be informative about the situation and in turn I get belittled.

Sorry.

I have been  lucky - my last monthly transfer for this extension year came 2/10. as FTT.  Hopefully it is a temporary glitch like they had some some time ago. If not I will have to go to the 800,000 method next year. Good luck for those waiting for answers /better news.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pib said:

Do you mean you are doing a SWIFT directly from RBS to Bangkok Bank (Wise not involved) or funding your Wise transfer from RBS (Wise is involved)?   

Also, this Wise problem being talked has only reared its ugly head over the last week or so.  So, if your last transfer has not been over the last week or so and FTT coding is very important to you, be sure to check your next monthly transfer as it might be affected. 

No, using Wise.

Seems that I need to see what I can do to ensure FTT. I’ll monitor this topic carefully… tks

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pontious said:

I have been  lucky - my last monthly transfer for this extension year came 2/10. as FTT.  Hopefully it is a temporary glitch like they had some some time ago. If not I will have to go to the 800,000 method next year. Good luck for those waiting for answers /better news.

Exactly my situation and solution except I need to do one more on 1st November.

But I shall of course still have to do a transfer each month for money to live off. The FTT will not be necessary (but it probably WILL be there!)

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, racyrick said:

The only way will will know is when people post as to what happened with their transfers today.

If it comes immediately to the bank, the problem is not fixed.

Also, you might be right about only your account being fixed, I read on Facebook that a person did a transfer this morning and it came instantly. Hopefully we will know later today. Thanks again for all your updates.

Until someone provides a credit advice from a "failed"transaction showing all details then everyone is just guessing

3 minutes ago, norbra said:

Until someone provides a credit advice from a "failed"transaction showing all details then everyone is just guessing

Nobody is guessing about anything in regard to deposits not being made by Bangkok Bank directly as they should be using long stay in Thailand - posters have checked PDF's - deposits to Bangkok Bank are being made through other Thai bank accounts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Nobody is guessing about anything in regard to deposits not being made by Bangkok Bank directly as they should be using long stay in Thailand - posters have checked PDF's - deposits to Bangkok Bank are being made through other Thai bank accounts.

PDF from wise only show end to end,BBL cradit advice will show reason for transfer it may slso sho the fx components attached to the transaction ID.(ca from Kbank shows this information)