Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

A suggestion that occurs to me: Is this a Wise country-of-origin issue?

I notice that the people having problems seem to be mostly doing transfers from UK & US. Whereas at least one person above did a transfer from Australia without problem (ie marked as FTT).

I similarly did my last transfer from Oz on 4 October without problem (but perhaps this was just before the difficulties arose?). Mine was a normal 'slow' transfer - ie booked it on the 4th with Thailand-stay option (and booked before 0730 ICT to get it same day), transferred the funds from my Oz bank to Wise, and the funds were in my BKK bank account at 1400 ICT. And in my little book as FTT.

My experience from Oz is that quick-as-a-flash is not available (at least to me). Those who talk about the quick service again seem to be from other countries.

Perhaps the slow boat to China is better than the flash in the pan if you want FTT.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I don't think it is my personal account details, as there a several other members both on this and 'the other' forum who are experiencing the same problems, which started last week, for me after over 24 successful FTT transfers to Bkk Bank. One email from Wise stressed that their system had not changed and that it was the Thai banking system, but others say they got FTTs to Bkk Bank this week.

The plot thickens!

yes me too this week got FTT. Something is amiss

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've just done a transfer to my Bangkok Bank account 12.10pm Thai time and it arrived immediately and sure enough WITHOUT the FTT code.

I have emailed Wise pointing out the problem and am awaiting a reply. 

Thanks for the reply - this does not look promising.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've just done a transfer to my Bangkok Bank account 12.10pm Thai time and it arrived immediately and sure enough WITHOUT the FTT code.

I have emailed Wise pointing out the problem and am awaiting a reply. 

Not to insult you, but did you select funds for long term stay? Did you use debit ach as well? Thanks and sorry to hear of your problem. Please let us know what Wise says.

Edited by racyrick
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Not to insult you, but did you select funds for long term stay? Did you use debit ach as well? Thanks and sorry to hear of your problem. Please let us know what Wise says.

Yes indeed i did select funds for long term stay, it was from my UK bank account so no debit ACH which i believe is for our American friends only.

I will indeed post the "Wise'' reply, here's hoping it is in fact "Wise" lol 

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well the problem has clearly been identified to Wise but what we really need to know is what Wise is going to do to rectify the problem if anything at all.

I have to say i find Wise's attitude very disappointing. If they are not going to do anything to rectify the problem we need to find alternatives that will achieve FTT on our transfers and i'm running out of time before my next transfer.

Are we going to have to return to the expensive Swift transfers ? 

If it's urgent use a swift transfer this month, it should be fixed by next month or get your account tagged to go through Bangkok Bank Partner, that seems to be working to get FTT

• Thanks 1

Here's my email to Wise and their reply. It would appear they are taking no notice of their option "funds for long term stay in Thailand" resulting in an FTT with Bangkok Bank direct, what a crock of ????

Wise Email.JPG

Wise Email Reply.JPG

Edited by Pumpuynarak

3 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Here's my email to Wise and their reply. It would appear they are taking no notice of their option "funds for long stay in Thailand" resulting in an FTT with Bangkok Bank direct, what a crock of ????

Wise Email.JPG

Wise Email Reply.JPG

it's a muppet indian call centre. Go back and say why is the long term stay process not working? when will it be fixed? ask them to escalate. keep it simple

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

it's a muppet indian call centre. Go back and say why is the long term stay process not working? when will it be fixed? ask them to escalate. keep it simple

FINALLY, somebody who gets it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apologies for the small print.....

Wise Email Reply 1.JPG

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Just sent.......

When we used the funds for long term stay option as the reason for transfer, the transfer always went directly to Bangkok Bank and no other bank was used for the transfer. Now, that is not happening? Why and will you please fix it? 

EXACTLY!!!! Thanks!!!!!! Look forward to their reply.

4 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Quick update with regards to my test transfer:

• Transfer set up 9:00 am Tuesday 12 Oct. 
  • GBP to Bangkok Bank.  Account tag set up ages ago, reason selected 'Long term Stay', as always
  • Wise app showed date of expected payout as 14 Oct.
  • Funds arrived Bangkok Bank 2pm Thursday 14 Oct.
  • Shows as 'International Funds Transfer' in app.

Would it be a "tagging" problem now ? i've never used the tagging option just the "funds for long term stay"

33 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Here's my email to Wise and their reply. It would appear they are taking no notice of their option "funds for long term stay in Thailand" resulting in an FTT with Bangkok Bank direct, what a crock of ????

Wise Email.JPG

Wise Email Reply.JPG

I got EXACTLY the same reply, but from Maria in Estonia. They don't seem to know the difference between FET and FTT.

• Like 2

When I set my tag up it took me AGES to get through to someone who actually knew what they were doing.  All of the regular support channels were a waste of time, Twitter, Facebook and Email.  When I finally got a reply from someone who understood the system and what needed to be done, it was from a guy called Indrek J.  Whether he is still there I'm not sure but the drone staff might be able to see where they need to refer the problem too if they can trace the department he was / is in.

• Like 1