Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

6 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

I have seen this on here and facebook. I sent an email to them on Sunday. Still no reply. I did a transfer today and it was posted to my account at 1401 as an International Transfer.

Glad all went well. Did you also use funds for long term stay and the debit ach method? What country?  Did you ask to have your transfers tagged to BKK bank only? Thanks for your help.

1 minute ago, racyrick said:

Didn't you post earlier that you also did the tag thing a couple of years ago but your transfer yesterday or 2 days ago did not come thru as FTT and was instant?

Yeap...it's like the tagging disappeared.  Several folks including myself are guessing that some Wise system upgrade may have deleted the tagging.   But using the Long Stay Thailand reason for transfer several years back was supposed to prevent the need for tagging....using that reason would ensure a person received International Transfer/FTT coding when sending to a Bangkok Bank acct.  However, just over the last week or so many people are finding out their transfers to Bangkok Bank stopped receiving the International Transfer/FTT coding whether their Wise acct had been previously tagged "or" if using the Long Stay Thailand reason for transfer.

So for my 2nd test send tonight: Oct 12 @  aprox 1915, $100 USD using Wise and my US based bank, instead of ACH I chose pay with debit card, I still used the "Funds for long stay in Thialand", the money arrived in my BB about 30 minutes later, still showing "Delivered Via: Local bank transfer"  (Kasikorn) ????.

As suggested I'll give Wise a call. If they suggest using their "International Wire"(SWIFT) I'll just use SWIFT with my bank directly and avoid paying the middleman.

1 hour ago, ianguygil said:

with a 3rd party the "transaction routing" is actually done via the sender's bank or some of their intermediaries.

What I don't understand is why the International coded transfers settle 2pm, probably some manual batch processing at BB going on. It seems from examples I've seen they are all getting routed via Kasikorn which is strange, not other two partners

On 10/9/2021 at 8:13 AM, scubascuba3 said:

You are missing the point, using Bangkok Bank and long term stay, a manual process is kicked off and it usually settles 2pm that day or next day

Not for me last week... GBP from UK to Bangkok Bank.  Got SMS from Bangkok with amount deposited before  I had even logged out of Wise on laptop.  (As I keep 400K in as emergency funds anyway, I tick as General Living, but neve rbeen that quick before).

PH

26 minutes ago, Pib said:

Have Wise "tag" your Wise acct to always use Bangkok Bank as the partner bank for transfers to your Bangkok Bank accts in order to ensure you receive Int'l Transfer/FTT coding when sending to a Bangkok Bank acct.  

Now this tagging will not help to get international coding if sending to any other Thai bank, but it should ensure transfers to your Bangkok Bank accts receive int'l coding.   

This tagging also has a negative side effect in pretty much eliminating instant transfers.  Instead, Bangkok Bank will process/relay your transfer around 2pm on business days if you initiate the transfer by 9:30am Thailand time.  Initiate after 9:30am and the transfer typically arrives next business day around 2pm.

Kudos for the info, So long as I get the FTT code I can wait. 

9 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Not for me last week... GBP from UK to Bangkok Bank.  Got SMS from Bangkok with amount deposited before  I had even logged out of Wise on laptop.  (As I keep 400K in as emergency funds anyway, I tick as General Living, but neve rbeen that quick before).

PH

But what coding did you get for the transfer on your Bangkok Bank acct?   I expect it was "not" International Transfer/FTT coding but a description/coding along the lines of Transfer from Another Bank (a.k.a., coded as a domestic transfer).

Not getting the International Transfer/FTT coding like people got before when sending to Bangkok Bank and using the Long Stay Thailand reason for transfer is the core issue of this topic.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gearbox said:

Looks like the issue is still there, I did a Wise transfer in the last 24 hours and came with tag "Interbank Transfer via SMART". Previous transfers came with "International transfer".  This is my Bangkok bank account.

I did an interactive support chat with Wise and they are going to look at the issue. I sent them a link of this thread to see how many people are affected.

Just got an email regarding my case and they transferred the money to my Bangkok Bank account via their "pay out" partner Kasikorn bank.

They advise that I can get a FET statement if I go to the nearest "Kasikorn Bank International Trade Centre", whatever that is, and Kasikorn may charge me an administration fee.

Looks like it is time to find another provider.

• Like 1

Wise customer service (USA) : 888-870-2221, 10:00-15:00 EDT

I called, explained the issue and the rep stated she would bump it up to their payments team and get back to me with further information in 24-48 hours.  Also asked that my account be tagged to only use BKK bank (BBL) for any transfer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gearbox said:

Just got an email regarding my case and they transferred the money to my Bangkok Bank account via their "pay out" partner Kasikorn bank.

They advise that I can get a FET statement if I go to the nearest "Kasikorn Bank International Trade Centre", whatever that is, and Kasikorn may charge me an administration fee.

Assuming you used Long term stay reason then go back and escalate it.

You want to ask them, "you selected long term stay reason for transfer, which should have meant it's routed via Bangkok Bank so it's codes as International, but instead it was sent via Kasikorn Partner, why? and when will it be fixed?"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gearbox said:

This is what you require as it is accepted by Immigration normally free of charge . Trade div is at most Branches but not small shop fronts

CreditAdvise_Jun 2020xxx.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pontious said:

Wise cannot use Swift to Thailand. It is not on there list of countries.

They can if you send USD.

https://wise.com/help/articles/2553074/paying-by-swift?origin=search-SWIFT

https://wise.com/help/articles/2946451/sending-usd-to-countries-outside-the-us

https://wise.com/help/articles/2974947/what-countries-can-i-send-usd-to

Edited by Pib

20 minutes ago, Pib said:

So if you want to SWIFT some GBP, go onto your UK Borderless/Wise account. Change your GBP into USD and then send USD to THB. Pay twice for exchanges!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gearbox said:

KK bank Pattaya klang branch at the second floor is a FTT office who handles FTT forms 

It is a main branch bank office.

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Just did a small test transfer GBP to Bangkok Bank. It did not immediately credit to my account (as it does when I use Kasikorn) but whether that's due to today being a holiday I'm not sure.  App indicates funds will be paid out tomorrow so I'll see then.  Was going to test to see if a Kasikorn transfer would show up instantly still but I try to avoid having two transfers active at the same time.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

Just did a small test transfer GBP to Bangkok Bank. It did not immediately credit to my account (as it does when I use Kasikorn) but whether that's due to today being a holiday I'm not sure.  App indicates funds will be paid out tomorrow so I'll see then.  Was going to test to see if a Kasikorn transfer would show up instantly still but I try to avoid having two transfers active at the same time.  Fingers crossed.

Did you choose Long term stay? if so it might be useful

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Still unclear whether the issue is fixed, people transferring but not using long term stay, or using wise currency accounts, so unclear whether it's fixed for one currency and not others

It has made no difference in the past whether I transferred from my GBP account, or from my previously exchanged THB account. Always FTT at Bkk Bank at 2pm that or next day.

I shall do a small transfer from each tomorrow and see what happens. 

In my last email to Maria at Wise, I told her to pass my enquiries/emails up the ladder to someone in authority!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

They will help people with no Kasikorn account? I'm surprised if they do, nothing in it for them

''nothing in it for them''

wrong.....( it is payable at a fee service ...so might be possible...? ) as i was in need for FET 2 years ago (as a KK client...) it was 300 baht for each transfer document.

I just replied to let know where a KK FET office to find in Pattaya

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, david555 said:

''nothing in it for them''

wrong.....( it is payable at a fee service ...so might be possible...? ) as i was in need for FET 2 years ago (as a KK client...) it was 300 baht for each transfer document.

I just replied to let know where a KK FET office to find in Pattaya

Agreed,ithe money arrived at Kbank with your name and BBL account details attached.Ask them why they sent you this money. A credit advice receipt would be your aim

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, norbra said:

Agreed,ithe money arrived at Kbank with your name and BBL account details attached.Ask them why they sent you this money

would be good to hear from 1 person who has actually done this i.e. they have a Bangkok Bank account but go to Kasikorn and enquire about a transfer where they don't have an account and if there is one person, how much per printed doc

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did you choose Long term stay? if so it might be useful

Yes.  I had my account tagged to only use Bangkok Bank for transfers to Bangkok bank and I always select 'Funds for long term stay'.  In all honesty though, I think it was the tagging that resulted in the routing only through Bangkok Bank rather than the funds reason.  Once I had that tag put on the funds would only go via Bangkok bank for a Bangkok Bank transfer and would always show as FTT, and that was before the 'Long Term Stay' reason was added to the list after this FTT part became an issue.  I only got them to tag Bangkok Bank transfers though so if ever I send to my Kasikorn account it arrives instantly.  Only noticed this thread today so will be interested to see if their system update has messed up my tag as well.

I'll know by tomorrow if all is working as it should.

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1

I called Wise yesterday evening Thai time and after going through their "for xx press #1. for yy press #2 etc I finally managed to speak to a real person who spoke a variation of English. After going through the formalities I explained about the transfer problems that quite a few people were having. She didn't seem to understand what I was talking about so I asked to speak to her supervisor. She put me on hold and presumably got a little information about tagging my account to BBK. Eventually neither of us knew what the other was talking about so I gave up. The result was about 15 minutes of wasted time and a phone call.

I will make my usual transfer on Friday evening and see what happens.

• Like 1