Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

22 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

I called Wise two days ago and asked that my account be “tagged.”  They confirmed by email the next day that this was done.  Processed a transfer request by ACH which just landed in my BKK bank account as an international transfer.  

28624DCF-5F37-4131-A066-EA6D064F1C01.jpeg

At last some facts, I talked with Kasikorn about these transfers and they advised that these transactions were arriving via a new  different "channel"and therefore not processed via Auto credit as before

Edited by norbra

1 hour ago, lexilis said:

TimBKK: Sounds you succeeded in getting "tagged" which is what I think many of us have to do. Where/Who did you call? In their e-mail response can you identify the person and address? I don't think any of us are getting helped bye-mailing their Help Center. Would be good to have a specific contact who understands the issue and knows what to do.

I called Wise customer service (USA) : 888-870-2221, 10:00-15:00 EDT.

The rep who responded by email is named Diana, she wrote “We have also added the tag so your transfers to THB will be routed through Bangkok Bank.”

The emailed response comes from a generic address, unfortunately: [email protected] 

2 minutes ago, bbko said:

I did two $100 USD Wise to Bangkok Bank transfers this week both times selecting the "funds for long stay in Thailand" and both were paid from Kasikorn Bank and did not get the FTT code in my BB book, so I went to Kasikorn Bank's International Trade Center here in Pattaya (it has to be their International Trade Center, a regular branch won't understand) and asked about the transfer and getting a statement.  The lady asked my why I need the statement, I told her in order for me to get visa I need to show immigration the money comes from my country, she said I need to print the Wise PDF letter, bring my passport (not sure if I need to bring a copy) and my Bangkok Bank book and 200b and she'll print out a letter to show immigration the money was an international transfer.

So if Wise can't fix the problem at least not all is lost.

she will include a years worth of transactions for 200 baht?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

she will include a years worth of transactions for 200 baht?

I forgot to ask if it's 200b for each Wise PDF or 200b for one letter including all transfers. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bbko said:

I forgot to ask if it's 200b for each Wise PDF or 200b for one letter including all transfers. 

As a KBank customer I receive  these free of charge for the past 3 months, For transactions more than 3 months old the fee is 500b per transaction

Edited by norbra
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, bbko said:

I did two $100 USD Wise to Bangkok Bank transfers this week both times selecting the "funds for long stay in Thailand" and both were paid from Kasikorn Bank and did not get the FTT code in my BB book, so I went to Kasikorn Bank's International Trade Center here in Pattaya (it has to be their International Trade Center, a regular branch won't understand) and asked about the transfer and getting a statement.  The lady asked me why I need the statement, I told her in order for me to get visa I need to show immigration the money comes from overseas, she said I need to print the Wise PDF letter, bring my passport (not sure if I need to bring a copy) and my Bangkok Bank book and 200b and she'll print out a letter to show immigration the money was an international transfer.

Except the nearest K Bank Intl Trade Center is over 125km from me.

Just curious, did you ever have your account "tagged" for Bangkok Bank only transfers?

Sorry you're having this problem. Worked for over 2 1/2 years. Hope WISE somehow, someway finally addresses and fixes this issue.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Except the nearest K Bank Intl Trade Center is over 125km from me.

Just curious, did you ever have your account "tagged" for Bangkok Bank only transfers?

Sorry you're having this problem. Worked for over 2 1/2 years. Hope WISE somehow, someway finally addresses and fixes this issue.

022220000 phone number for Kbank trade centre

As a test I just did a SWIFT transfer from Wise (US) to my BBK account. You have to set up another recipient (BBK) with their SWIFT code and it is more expensive. Not only that they are saying it might take 4-5 days to get into my account. However it SHOULD come in as FTT. We will see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norbra said:

As a KBank customer I receive  these free of charge for the past 3 months, For transactions more than 3 months old the fee is 500b per transaction

Maybe you meant to say transactions more than 6 months old?   See below K-bank fee schedule.  And below pretty much mirrors the Bangkok Bank fee schedule for Credit Advice (Thai banks tend to have very similar fee schedules) but at Bangkok they have a "maximum" amount where I think if you need 12 months worth of Credit Advices the max fee would be Bt800 because they will not charge Bt500 for each and every Credit Advice needed that is over 6 months old (only charge the Bt500 once). 

https://kasikornbank.com/en/rate/fee/ChargesDoc/ServicingFees_en.pdf

image.png.40254b39a830f2885a78f69973ed3326.png

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lexilis said:

As a test I just did a SWIFT transfer from Wise (US) to my BBK account. You have to set up another recipient (BBK) with their SWIFT code and it is more expensive. Not only that they are saying it might take 4-5 days to get into my account. However it SHOULD come in as FTT. We will see.

In addition to paying Wise's SWIFT fee did your bank also charge you for the SWIFT transfer? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lexilis said:

I sent $100. Wise charged me $3.41. I am certain that BBK will charge an additional fee. I will not know until it posts in my account.  

BBK will charge a 0.25% (Bt200 min, Bt500 max) receiving fee and you will get the BBK "TT Buying" Exchange Rate.

Lots of post's but no-one has got an answer from Wise saying what has happened to a system that was was working very well is now up the creek. We need to know if it is a glitch like before some time ago or is it permanent. They added 'Long stay fund Thailand' to address the issue. It is now not working. Why?

Edited by pontious

3 minutes ago, bbko said:

I read this off of Wise's website; 

Fees for SWIFT payments

• Your bank will likely charge a fee to make a SWIFT transfer to Wise.

https://wise.com/help/articles/2553074/paying-by-swift

But he's not making a SWIFT payment from his bank to Wise; he's making a SWIFT from Wise to Bangkok Bank.   

That bullet statement above is about funding a transfer.....that is, getting the money to Wise to fund a transfer if a person decided to pay Wise via a SWIFT transfer.

The Wise article above is talking both SWIFT "to" Wise to fund a transfer and a SWIFT "from" Wise to whatever recipient you are sending to.   Some of the article applying to SWIFTing to Wise and some of the article applies to SWIFTing from Wise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pontious said:

Lots of post's but no-one has got an answer from Wise saying what has happened to a system that was was working very well is now up the creek. We need to know if it is a glitch like before some time ago or is it permanent. They added 'Long stay fund Thailand' to address the issue. It is now not working. Why?

It seems to fix this problem you/we/I contact Wise and ask them to put a tag on our account so any future THB transfers are only routed through Bangkok Bank. 

More info here;

You’ll need a FET form if you’re a foreigner buying property in Thailand, or if you’re applying for a Thai visa.

Why can’t Wise give me a FET form?

We aren't authorised by the Bank of Thailand to issue FET forms. It’s because of how we work: when you send money with us, we use our Thai banking partners to send out your money locally. It doesn’t cross any borders, so it doesn’t show up as a foreign transaction.

How can I get a FET form?

The recipient needs to ask for a FET form from the partner bank that we paid your money out from. You can check which bank this is on your transfer receipt. To find it:

1. Go to the transfer in the Activity section of your Wise account

2. Click View transfer details

3. Click Download PDF receipt

4. Go to the second page to find banking partner details

Transfers sent by Bangkok Bank

If the transfer was sent out by Bangkok Bank and the recipient has an account with them, the recipient needs to go to their branch of Bangkok Bank with:

• their Bangkok Bank Savings Passbook, or a statement showing the transaction

• their passport

• the agreement of the purchase of a condominium, if buying property with the money

If the transfer was sent out by Bangkok Bank and the recipient doesn’t have an account with them, they’ll need to reach out to Bangkok Bank’s head office at 333 Silom Road Bangrak with:

• credit receipt of the specific bank transaction

• their passport

• the agreement of the purchase of a condominium, if buying property with the money

Once Bangkok Bank has checked these documents, they’ll issue a confirmation letter to the recipient. They can then use this to prove that the money came from abroad.

Bangkok Bank charges a 100 THB fee for the FET letter.

Transfers sent by Kasikorn Bank

If the transfer was sent out by Kasikorn Bank, the recipient needs to go to their nearest Kasikorn Bank International Trade centre. They’ll need to bring:

• their Bank Savings Passbook or statement showing the transaction

• their passport

• their visa (if applicable)

Kasikorn Bank may charge an administration fee.

Additional information

Sometimes, we might send your transfer through a different banking partner who can’t provide a FET. This might be because of a technical issue, or some other unforeseen event.

If you know you definitely need a FET, it’s best that you send a SWIFT transfer with your bank this time. SWIFT is a more expensive method, because it’s not a local transfer. But it does mean you’ll be able to prove that the money came from abroad.

https://wise.com/help/articles/2932335/guide-to-thb-transfers?origin=search-thb

I asked Wise 3 questions about this issue:

1. Do you confirm that selecting “funds for long term stay in Thailand” no longer assures that Bangkok Bank will be the selected partner bank for a transfer?

2. What changed at Wise such that selecting “funds for long term stay in Thailand” no longer operates as Wise originally intended? It worked for two years, until last week.

3. Can you confirm that “tagging” an account to only use Bangkok Bank (BBL) as the partner bank is the only way to ensure, without fail, that Bangkok Bank is actually used?

Their response (take particular note of #3):

1. If a customer selects "Buying Property Abroad" or "Funds For Long Term Stay in Thailand", their payments will automatically be routed through Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn Bank. So it is not always guaranteed that Bangkok Bank will be the selected partner bank for these transfer. There can be unforeseen scenario where a certain partner might be facing a technical issue and the system will route the payment via another available partner to ensure same day delivery.

2. In regards to what changed, it is something that we are still looking into with our partners to check on what changed on their end.  [FYI @ianguygil]

3. "Tagging" an account to only use Bangkok Bank to pay out THB does not work 100%. If there are any unforeseen events, our system will have to route the payment another via another available partner to ensure delivery. 

We are more than happy to help our customers that reach out to us so we can tag their account, but we cannot always 100% guarantee that Bangkok Bank will be the partner to delivery the payment.

Edited by TimBKK
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TimBKK said:

I asked Wise 3 questions about this issue:

1. Do you confirm that selecting “funds for long term stay in Thailand” no longer assures that Bangkok Bank will be the selected partner bank for a transfer?

2. What changed at Wise such that selecting “funds for long term stay in Thailand” no longer operates as Wise originally intended? It worked for two years, until last week.

3. Can you confirm that “tagging” an account to only use Bangkok Bank (BBL) as the partner bank is the only way to ensure, without fail, that Bangkok Bank is actually used?

Their response (take particular note of #3):

1. If a customer selects "Buying Property Abroad" or "Funds For Long Term Stay in Thailand", their payments will automatically be routed through Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn Bank. So it is not always guaranteed that Bangkok Bank will be the selected partner bank for these transfer. There can be unforeseen scenario where a certain partner might be facing a technical issue and the system will route the payment via another available partner to ensure same day delivery.

2. In regards to what changed, it is something that we are still looking into with our partners to check on what changed on their end.  [FYI @ianguygil]

3. "Tagging" an account to only use Bangkok Bank to pay out THB does not work 100%. If there are any unforeseen events, our system will have to route the payment another via another available partner to ensure delivery. 

We are more than happy to help our customers that reach out to us so we can tag their account, but we cannot always 100% guarantee that Bangkok Bank will be the partner to delivery the payment.

Re 2. Ian commented a while back that Bangkok Bank don't have control where Wise route which makes sense as transfers are settling in seconds i.e. Wise are sending straight to Kasikorn

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bbko said:

I did two $100 USD Wise to Bangkok Bank transfers this week both times selecting the "funds for long stay in Thailand" and both were paid from Kasikorn Bank and did not get the FTT code in my BB book, so I went to Kasikorn Bank's International Trade Center here in Pattaya (it has to be their International Trade Center, a regular branch won't understand) and asked about the transfer and getting a statement.  The lady asked me why I need the statement, I told her in order for me to get visa I need to show immigration the money comes from overseas, she said I need to print the Wise PDF letter, bring my passport (not sure if I need to bring a copy) and my Bangkok Bank book and 200b and she'll print out a letter to show immigration the money was an international transfer.

So this is 200 bt each month.?? Times 12, that's 2,400 more per year to the expense of living in LOL??

17 hours ago, racyrick said:

EXACTLY!!!! Thanks!!!!!! Look forward to their reply.

Here's their reply.........

Thanks for getting in touch!

I understand your concern, but as the payment is successfully paid out from our end, we couldn't make any changes right now. 

However, you can reach out to Bangkok Bank branch where the account is maintained and provide the following documents: 

1. Bangkok Bank Savings Passbook or Statement showing the specific transaction

2. Passport of Recipient

3. Agreement of the purchase of Condominium (for purchasing accommodation purposes)

By following the above steps, Bangkok Bank will provide " Confirmation Letter of International Funds Transfer"  or what we usually known as "FET" to the recipient which you will be able to use to show it as a proof to the local authorities. 

Please keep in mind that there is an administration fee of 100 THB to produce this official document which will be payable to Bangkok Bank directly. 

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

I tried Wise transfer to KBank yesterday at 4.30pm and got message 'transfer should arrive 15-Oct' whereas I normally get it in seconds. I thought maybe I was too late in day Thai time and so cancelled transfer to try again today.

Now during bank hours in Thailand I get message 'transfer should arrive 18-Oct'. Has something changed? Why isn't my transfer happening in seconds or at least same day like it used to?

20 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

I tried Wise transfer to KBank yesterday at 4.30pm and got message 'transfer should arrive 15-Oct' whereas I normally get it in seconds. I thought maybe I was too late in day Thai time and so cancelled transfer to try again today.

Now during bank hours in Thailand I get message 'transfer should arrive 18-Oct'. Has something changed? Why isn't my transfer happening in seconds or at least same day like it used to?

Wise are looking at their transactions with kbank, previously the payment was sent via AUTOMATIC CREDIT DEBIT channel,this has changed to their default payments channel. Hope it turns out Ok

19 minutes ago, norbra said:

Wise are looking at their transactions with kbank, previously the payment was sent via AUTOMATIC CREDIT DEBIT channel,this has changed to their default payments channel. Hope it turns out Ok

Thanks. Does this mean all transfers now arrive next banking work day?

What do you mean by 'Hope it turns out Ok' - will things revert back soon to same time transfers in seconds?

Edited by Digitalbanana

20 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Thanks. Does this mean all transfers now arrive next banking work day?

What do you mean by 'Hope it turns out Ok' - will things revert back soon to same time transfers in seconds?

Sorry, Currently Thats all the information I have 

• Thanks 1