Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I called Wise yesterday evening Thai time and after going through their "for xx press #1. for yy press #2 etc I finally managed to speak to a real person who spoke a variation of English. After going through the formalities I explained about the transfer problems that quite a few people were having. She didn't seem to understand what I was talking about so I asked to speak to her supervisor. She put me on hold and presumably got a little information about tagging my account to BBK. Eventually neither of us knew what the other was talking about so I gave up. The result was about 15 minutes of wasted time and a phone call.

I will make my usual transfer on Friday evening and see what happens.

I just called Wise and got lucky, the person knew about the tagging process, reckons can only tag account so all transfers go via Bangkok Bank, but he is double checking.

He is also checking the "long term stay" process. Says he will email back today or tomorrow

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting that, @Pib thinks tagging will always result in routing going via Bangkok Bank even if you select Kasikorn

I guess it must be how it gets set up and who does it.    I recall it was a bit of saga to get it set up as the TW general staff seemed pretty clueless, they had to refer it to a manager.  Possibly that person tagged it in a different way. Obviously as it was all working as I wanted it to I haven't wasted time checking, as I won't now IF it's all still working.

Regardless, in my case (at least up to last time) any transfer to Bangkok Bank showed up the next day at approx 2pm as an FTT / International Tx.  Any transfer to Kasikorn is instant, no idea what it shows up as, haven't looked since I changed to Bangkok Bank for this very reason.  

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting that, @Pib thinks tagging will always result in routing going via Bangkok Bank even if you select Kasikorn

Because that's how it worked for me real life after tagging my acct to use Bangkok Bank.  Whether I sent funds to my Bankgok Bank acct or my Krungsri Bank acct it was Bangkok Bank that was always used as the partner bank.

• Like 2

Email reply from Maria at Wise. So that's it for us all!

I already coordinated your question to our Payments team and they mentioned that transfers sent through Bangkok Bank and Kbank will arrive as local transfers.  

We’re sorry you didn’t get the service you’d expect from Wise. To make a complaint, please send us an email and include:

·        your Wise membership number (beginning with P)

·        the payment order number(s), if your complaint is about a specific transfer

·        what your complaint is about

·        what you’d like us to do to fix it

Learn more about how to make a complaint.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Ahra
Wise Customer Support

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I just called Wise and got to talk with a lady with a very 'dark' voice. Explained the situation regarding transfers to Bkk Bank not showing as International, and she is checking it out for me, even though I just had an email telling me that all transfers to Bkk and K'korn banks will be Local. What a load of b*ll*x.

What they told you is correct and has always been that way. It is Bangkok Bank ONLY that gives the International Transfer Designation. WISE transfers do NOT cross borders and that is why it is marked as local transfers.

Everyone keeps getting this patent response because they are asking the wrong questions and giving them the wrong problem we are having.

The ONLY question that needs to be asked is that the Funds for Long Term Stay when used was ALWAYS sending the transfers directly to Bangkok Bank and never instant transfers using another bank. This is NO LONGER the case. Why has this happened and it needs to be fixed. PERIOD!

All other questions regarding international will not address or fix our problem. It only gets more confusing and nothing will be done.

• Like 1

Remember, for people who use Bangkok Bank, we always got our transfers coded because they came DIRECTLTY to Bangkok Bank and did not use Kasikorn or any other source to send funds to our account.

When that happens, Bangkok Bank gives us the International Transfer, when Kasikorn is involved, we don't get it.

WISE has NOTHING TO DO with the coding.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

I guess it must be how it gets set up and who does it.    I recall it was a bit of saga to get it set up as the TW general staff seemed pretty clueless, they had to refer it to a manager.  Possibly that person tagged it in a different way. Obviously as it was all working as I wanted it to I haven't wasted time checking, as I won't now IF it's all still working.

Regardless, in my case (at least up to last time) any transfer to Bangkok Bank showed up the next day at approx 2pm as an FTT / International Tx.  Any transfer to Kasikorn is instant, no idea what it shows up as, haven't looked since I changed to Bangkok Bank for this very reason.  

Since Jan 1,2019 Wise transfers to Kbank shown as local deposit in passbook.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

They were only coded as FTT if you clicked 'Long Term Stay' or 'Buying Property', and were not instant, taking until 2pm that or next day. Looks like that is all down the pan now. I do suspect that WISE are complacent with these changes.

I spoke with wise sometime ago seeking to have my account "tagged" as I wanted to ensure that the payments would not go via another partner,as I use Kbank for these transferd I was advised there was no need to tag as Kbank is preferred partner. For those seeking an alternative try Kbank as their creditadvice indicates the transaction is ordered via TT

Which is accepted by Immigration

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, norbra said:

I spoke with wise sometime ago seeking to have my account "tagged" as I wanted to ensure that the payments would not go via another partner,as I use Kbank for these transferd I was advised there was no need to tag as Kbank is preferred partner. For those seeking an alternative try Kbank as their creditadvice indicates the transaction is ordered via TT

Which is accepted by Immigration

Until last week. Now Kkorn & Bkk will be LOCAL transfers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Until last week. Now Kkorn & Bkk will be LOCAL transfers.

Kbank have been local transfers since Jan 1 2019.

The local transfer is sent from their international div who process the FTT as is shown in their credit advice receipt see copy from earlier post

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, norbra said:

Kbank have been local transfers since Jan 1 2019.

The local transfer is sent from their international div who process the FTT as is shown in their credit advice receipt see copy from earlier post

That's useful for your Kasikorn thread, when are you starting that?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, david555 said:

KK bank Pattaya klang branch at the second floor is a FTT office who handles FTT forms 

It is a main branch bank office.

The one inside Big C Extra?  If yes, I'll visit them and ask about getting documentation for my Wise/Bangkok Bank transfer and Kasikorn used as "Local bank transfer" and give them the "Banking partner reference" number.

16 minutes ago, bbko said:

The one inside Big C Extra?  If yes, I'll visit them and ask about getting documentation for my Wise/Bangkok Bank transfer and Kasikorn used as "Local bank transfer" and give them the "Banking partner reference" number.

NO...! the one on the right hand coming from Pattaya beach rd. A 100 meter passing soi Buhakao rd crossing with Klang (Central rd)...

That Kk bank office 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, racyrick said:

Glad all went well. Did you also use funds for long term stay and the debit ach method? What country?  Did you ask to have your transfers tagged to BKK bank only? Thanks for your help.

I transferred from Australia using Payid. It was in their account within 5 minutes. I did use funds for long term stay. In the email I sent them I stated that I have read reports that some people using Wise have had their transfers not coded FTT. I explained that it had to be this code to satisfy Immigration for our extension of visa. I updated my bank book today and it was coded FTT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racyrick said:

Remember, for people who use Bangkok Bank, we always got our transfers coded because they came DIRECTLTY to Bangkok Bank and did not use Kasikorn or any other source to send funds to our account.

When that happens, Bangkok Bank gives us the International Transfer, when Kasikorn is involved, we don't get it.

WISE has NOTHING TO DO with the coding.

But Wise has/had everything to do with which bank the funds were directed to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I just called Wise and got lucky, the person knew about the tagging process, reckons can only tag account so all transfers go via Bangkok Bank, but he is double checking.

He is also checking the "long term stay" process. Says he will email back today or tomorrow

I will find out on Friday afternoon when I do my next transfer.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Untrue. My transfer yesterday to Bangkok bank was listed as Foreign transfer

Email reply from Maria at Wise this afternoon. Very strange eh?

I already coordinated your question to our Payments team and they mentioned that transfers sent through Bangkok Bank and Kbank will arrive as local transfers.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

If you look at your pdf receipt for your transfer, they ALWAYS say sent by local transfer.

The next line says who the partner bank/s are that made the local transfer.

However, Bangkok Bank codes it as an International Transfer. Don't kick a gift horse in the mouth.

So Maria did tell you correctly how the transfers arrive. That has never been the question or an issue.

Once again, the ONLY issue is the funds for long term stay no longer guaranteeing the transfer goes directly to Bangkok Bank.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KannikaP said:

go back and ask about the long stay process, why's it stopped working, when will it be fixed

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Odd but then the email was in reply to your enquiry, could there be an issue with your account details perhaps ? The reason I say that, and this may have no bearing on the urrent issue is that back in 2019 when Kasikorn stopped showing them as international transfers I then used Bangkok Bank ( well so far ) as they showed FTT. Now sometimes I still used Kasikorn yet I still didn't get the deposits any quicker despite many people saying that they received theirs in seconds.  By chance a few months later I sent some to my wife's  Kasikorn bank, and guess what ? it arrived in seconds.  Strange I thought.

So I then deleted my Kasikorn bank detail from my Transferwise account and then re-added it, of course same details . Did a transfer and guess what ? arrived in seconds and has done so ever since. So is there a glitch in Wise software  perhaps ?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Excel said:

Odd but then the email was in reply to your enquiry, could there be an issue with your account details perhaps ? The reason I say that, and this may have no bearing on the urrent issue is that back in 2019 when Kasikorn stopped showing them as international transfers I then used Bangkok Bank ( well so far ) as they showed FTT. Now sometimes I still used Kasikorn yet I still didn't get the deposits any quicker despite many people saying that they received theirs in seconds.  By chance a few months later I sent some to my wife's  Kasikorn bank, and guess what ? it arrived in seconds.  Strange I thought.

So I then deleted my Kasikorn bank detail from my Transferwise account and then re-added it, of course same details . Did a transfer and guess what ? arrived in seconds and has done so ever since. So is there a glitch in Wise software  perhaps ?

I don't think it is my personal account details, as there a several other members both on this and 'the other' forum who are experiencing the same problems, which started last week, for me after over 24 successful FTT transfers to Bkk Bank. One email from Wise stressed that their system had not changed and that it was the Thai banking system, but others say they got FTTs to Bkk Bank this week.

The plot thickens!

• Like 2