After Coming to Thailand: How many of you have contemplated REVERSAL of your VASECTOMY? Does your wife wish for this reversal? Do you also wish for restoration of your Vas Deferens?

GammaGlobulin

Probably, like me, before coming to Thailand, you thought that you would not wish to have more children, or any children.

And then, after arriving in Thailand, and marrying a wonderful woman, you realized that you were not as old as you had originally thought.

Having met a young woman who loves you, and who also has the desire to bear your child, and one who also wishes to begin a true family, with you as the head of the family, then you are thinking about reversing your vasectomy which you imprudently underwent before you arrived here in Thailand.

After arriving in Thailand, you now realize that you are not as old as you once thought you were, the same condition which happens to most men.  And, you realize there is still time enough for you to start a new family, and enjoy the benefits of doing this.

How many of us have contemplated reversing this kind of surgery, and overturning our original logic and philosophy, the logical logic which caused us to have a vasectomy while we were in the West, a place of sleet and snow, in the first place.

Also, how many of us would be willing, even at such an advanced age, to begin a family, with children, while our wives are in their twenties, and we are now in our fifties, or sixties?

Under the Medium Fertility Scenario, then it is highly likely that our world population will hit 9.4 billion by 2050.

This is the macro view.

However, on the micro view, still, after meeting a fertile young thing, a nice counterpart to yourself, one who needs to bear children in order to make your union a true family, and a woman who requires children in order to remain with you, then are you now considering a reversal?

But, what happens twenty years after your reversal?

Will you still be as young as you were in your sixties?  With kids?

Unless one is super rich, with a few amahs, and a yacht to escape to, then would you not be setting yourself up for a world of hurt?

Just a question which I often worry over.

Some guys can handle this, a new family at age 55 or 60.  And then, there are those who are driven mad by the result of there reversal.

Would you reverse your vasectomy in Thailand, even if the cost of microsurgery is so relatively inexpensive here?

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

those GrandPa walking around with kids who should be their grandkids are just hilarious, even funnier when they can't even speak a lick of Thai ???? 

No need to speak a 'lick of Thai' our children can do it for us.

Knew a guy from Oz, aged around 50, got a vasectomy, 6 months later got married, 6 months later had the vasectomy reversed and impregnated his wife. Nothing like making a decision and sticking to it!

As for me, I love having children, my youngest is 10 years old now and I'm 65, I'd have been OK with another one or two, but it didn't happen.

Ever seen those fat male cats that just sleep and eat all day, never go out hunting any more, a vasectomy has the same effect on most men, makes them soft, fat and lazy.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

I have a friend who retired at 50, came to Pattaya, got a bird pregnant. Then had to go back West to work. Still working in his 60s. He'll never retire.

His wife, of course, turned out to be trouble. He has to support her family too in Thailand. Her adult son, too.

However, the least of the trouble is his child. If his wife wasn't such a bludger it wouldn't be do bad.

Still though, he came for an early retirement in his paradise and it ended before it really got started. Such a shame.

Maybe he can enjoy his 70s in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Have you bought a pick-up and built a house in Isaan yet? That's priority no.1

Has one registered one's infant at Harvard, yet?

This is priority no.2

Please, also, prepare about USD80,000 per year, or probably about USD400,000.00 for undergraduate school, from matriculation until done, at today's prices.

Actually, the cost will be far higher, due to the fact that tuition costs are rising faster than almost any other commodity.

USD600,000.00 for four years at Harvard, by 2031, or more, most likely.

And, maybe, the cost of short-time in Pattaya will not increase much, by 2031, which is extremely unfair to the working girls.

Most likely, Harvard grads in Pattaya get paid less, due to their stunning smarts and mediocre looks, an haughty attitudes, compared to local women who are far more friendly.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

However, on the micro view, still, after meeting a fertile young thing, a nice counterpart to yourself, one who needs to bear children in order to make your union a true family, and a woman who requires children in order to remain with you, then are you now considering a reversal?

a/ children are IMO sometimes seen as guaranteeing access to the farang ATM.

b/ not everyone needs to have children to give meaning to their life

c/ if the only reason she marries you is to have children it's not you that she wants or loves, IMO

d/ if she really loves you she will accept that you don't want more children.

e/ there are enough people on the planet already. More are not needed

22 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Has one registered one's infant at Harvard, yet?

This is priority no.2

Please, also, prepare about USD80,000 per year, or probably about USD400,000.00 for undergraduate school, from matriculation until done, at today's prices.

Actually, the cost will be far higher, due to the fact that tuition costs are rising faster than almost any other commodity.

USD600,000.00 for four years at Harvard, by 2031, or more, most likely.

And, maybe, the cost of short-time in Pattaya will not increase much, by 2031, which is extremely unfair to the working girls.

Most likely, Harvard grads in Pattaya get paid less, due to their stunning smarts and mediocre looks, an haughty attitudes, compared to local women who are far more friendly.

If I were a young man, that post would convince me to never have children.

22 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

LOL. If they don't like the wages, they can get a proper job.

23 hours ago, 2009 said:

I have a friend who retired at 50, came to Pattaya, got a bird pregnant. Then had to go back West to work. Still working in his 60s. He'll never retire.

His wife, of course, turned out to be trouble. He has to support her family too in Thailand. Her adult son, too.

However, the least of the trouble is his child. If his wife wasn't such a bludger it wouldn't be do bad.

Still though, he came for an early retirement in his paradise and it ended before it really got started. Such a shame.

???????????????/

If he's working in the west, he can stop paying to support her family and her adult son. I doubt any court would order that he has to.

IMO he is only responsible for his own child.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/12/2021 at 2:29 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Probably, like me, before coming to Thailand, you thought that you would not wish to have more children, or any children.

Correct, no more children at 55 that was enough.

Having met a young woman who loves you, and who also has the desire to bear your child, and one who also wishes to begin a true family, with you as the head of the family, then you are thinking about reversing your vasectomy which you imprudently underwent before you arrived here in Thailand.

Never had a vasectomy, had two kids when we were overseas, then came to Thailand to retire when they were 6 and 1.

Also, how many of us would be willing, even at such an advanced age, to begin a family, with children, while our wives are in their twenties, and we are now in our fifties, or sixties?

Was 28 when she had the 1st one, 33 the 2nd one, now at 40, still looking like a 25 year old.

When the kids are too much, she or I will look at each other and jokingly say 1 more. 

Now I just enjoy myself when the opportunity arises, nudge nudge wink wink.

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????????????/

If he's working in the west, he can stop paying to support her family and her adult son. I doubt any court would order that he has to.

IMO he is only responsible for his own child.

I don't even agree he's responsible for his own child.

Her body, her choice to have a child.

Did he even DNA test to check the kid was his?

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't even agree he's responsible for his own child.

Her body, her choice to have a child.

Did he even DNA test to check the kid was his?

If he didn't use as condom it's his responsibility, IMO. Don't want surprises, use a condom. It's hardly rocket science.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If he didn't use as condom it's his responsibility, IMO. Don't want surprises, use a condom. It's hardly rocket science.

Sometimes it sounds like you don't trust women.

I never use condoms, happy to reproduce as many times as I can.

Edited by BritManToo

23 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

They seem very much in charge of the price; its the most expensive thing in this country (relatively speaking).

For the price of a one hour short time you can get:

1. half a salmon from Makro.

2. a trolley full of food (some luxury items too).

3. an internal flight (sometimes return too).

4. a basic rental room for two weeks.

5. 3 boxes of beer.

6. 3-4 bottles of wine.

7. a slap up farang meal for 2 (or three).

8. 7 hours of Thai massage.

9. a few days of maid services.

10. a native speaking English teacher for a few hours.

11. air conditioning for a month.

12. a nice hotel room and breakfast for two.

I feel sorry for some people in this country, but not the hookers. They are paid better than most; 50k is not an uncommon salary under normal circumstances.

And incase you didn't know, the basic salary of foreign teachers has not increased in 20+ years. 

If the hookers don't like it, there is always 300 baht for 12 hours work. Those are the people I feel sorry for.

Edited by 2009
  • Like 1

^^^^^

Agree, most of them have priced themselves out of a job.

My misses keeps asking me why I never give her a pay rise, my answer is always the product isn't worth the price any longer.

Now I always compare the price to beer .......... 1hr Vs 30 large beers = I'll take the beer.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 11:12 AM, 2009 said:

I know a similar guy. Lost his retirement to his wife and kid and doesn't know his wife's driver is cuckolding him

20 minutes ago, 2009 said:

They seem very much in charge of the price; its the most expensive thing in this country (relatively speaking).

5. 3 boxes of beer.

6. 3-4 bottles of wine.

I feel sorry for some people in this country, but not the hookers. They are paid better than most; 50k is not an uncommon salary under normal circumstances.

And incase you didn't know, the basic salary of foreign teachers has not increased in 20+ years. 

If the hookers don't like it, there is always 300 baht for 12 hours work. Those are the people I feel sorry for.

1000 baht to 2000 baht

36 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

1000 baht to 2000 baht

Exactly. I suppose if you are flying in from a more expensive country, it would seem a good price.

But compared to the local economy, they are exceedingly well paid.

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

5. 3 boxes of beer.

6. 3-4 bottles of wine.

How does your sorrow manifest itself?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes. In London 200 quid for an indifferent hour. Thai girls are great VFM

It's all relative which is what we are both pointing out.

Compared to hookers in London, apparently yes, good value.

Compared to what else you could get for the same money, terrible value.

5 minutes ago, 2009 said:

It's all relative which is what we are both pointing out.

Compared to hookers in London, apparently yes, good value.

Compared to what else you could get for the same money, terrible value.

Excellent value. Good salmon can be bought anywhere. The same can not be said of P4P. Why would anybody compare great sex to a salmon?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Excellent value. Good salmon can be bought anywhere. The same can not be said of P4P. Why would anybody compare great sex to a salmon?

You think these local trollups are worth more (an hour) than a salmon?

Maybe if you are sex-starved.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:55 PM, AwwYesNice1 said:

those GrandPa walking around with kids who should be their grandkids are just hilarious, even funnier when they can't even speak a lick of Thai ???? 

That would be about 95% of these sad sacks - after years, still haven't acclimated to the society. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

That would be about 95% of these sad sacks - after years, still haven't acclimated to the society. 

You assume too much. IMO most would be like myself with zero interest in "acclimatising" to the society. I learned enough Thai to get by and that was as far as I was willing to go. Never had the slightest interest in conversing with Thai males, and the females I was interested in all spoke excellent English.

I was in Thailand because it suited me to be there, not because I wanted to be like them.

Happily, it's not required for farangs to "acclimatise", so long as they don't want to become a citizen.

• Like 1