Thailand’s ‘Bold Move’ to revive tourism to take years, analysts say

webfact

20 hours ago, thailand49 said:

No is saying ignore them!  You see anything in my post that uses the word ignore?   The saying never put your eggs in one basket!  If you get your head out of the sand this is a big world that includes a lot of people different people whether they match the Thai skin color or not. A balance approach regardless of how many the reason the world and Thailand are having problems is because of the Chinese!  Your approach is the reason why big business and countries won't speak up because they have $$$$ to gain. 

Up to now even with their great sinovac and sinopham approved instantly by the W.H.O has their people locked down unable to travel ever try to put things together and ask yourself Why?  I have lots of relatives in China they tell me once for Thailand is good enough it has nothing really to offer you can see the temples and elephant <deleted> on YouTube/

One half the ???? is within 4-6 hours flight time to Bangkok (China and India), those are the markets Thailand should focus its tourism revival efforts towards. 

• Sad 1

On 10/13/2021 at 9:49 AM, RichardColeman said:

Wont be any travel trends - apart from stagnation - if they don't decide 100% of entry demands and stick to it for tourists to actually plan anything

From Link. Krungsri expects Thailand's population to reach 70 per cent vaccination rate by year-end with tourist arrivals forecast maintained at 300,000 this year, 14 million in 2022, 34 million in 2023, and a rebound to pre-pandemic levels of 40 million by 2024.

I think a jump from say 100,000 to 14 million in 2023 is optimistic to say the least without restrictions being completely removed, and 34 million in 26 months time is even funnier.

Australia is opening up having reached its vaccinated percentage 80% goal but not open straight away to foreigners only for Aussies to travel  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58757888

This is a more cautious move than Thailand, I can only hope that Thailand does not turn out the same as Singapore and Israel which are seeing cases of vaccinated being reinfected, I hope it works for everybody's sake.