Moving furniture from Udon Thani to Nakhon Sawan.

alex88

Does anybody have any idea what's the best way to move some furniture from Udon Thani to Nakhon Sawan? I have a bed, washing machine, exercise bike, and some desks and chairs that I'd like to take with me, but if there aren't any practical options available I might leave them behind. 

Any tips about what would be the best way to move furniture and how much it would cost?

Nobody in your area who can do the removal? look if there is no ad in stores or other? 5 years ago I moved with a transporter, about 400 kilometers, less than 9000  bahts if I remember

PS : I had many things, the vehicule was full !

15 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh dear! That´s close to 800 km. Depending on the age and quality of the furniture, I would really consider if it´s worth it. Most likely better to leave it behind.

About 450-500 KM depending on which route you take. One of my regular runs.

I thought everyone is Issan has a pickup truck, ask anyone in your area and I'm sure someone has a friend or cousin willing to do the job.  Set a fair and reasonable price and go from there.

If it fits in a pick up, just rent one and do it yourself.  If not, I'd consider selling or donating to the family.  If more than a DIY, and you really want the stuff, we hired a 6 wheel and couple movers, and moved most of our house from UT to PKK.  What would fit anyway, as it was packed out.

Forget the price, and the trucks used to sit outside St Mary's school (4+ yrs ago), with 'hire' signs w/ph#s on them.   If not there and you see them around town, they are there to be hired out, truck/driver/loaders.

15 hours ago, Denim said:

You have already posted about this before.

Hire a pick up truck and do it in one go. There are no sensible cheaper options.

No, my previous topic was about how to get myself and my luggage there. Now I'm talking about large furniture items. I had intended to just ditch my furniture, but now rethinking. 

15 hours ago, bbko said:

I thought everyone is Issan has a pickup truck, ask anyone in your area and I'm sure someone has a friend or cousin willing to do the job.  Set a fair and reasonable price and go from there.

Can't fit sofas and beds in a pickup. Had this problem initially moving up from Krabi. Barely fit luggage and a couple of desks in a Hilux Evo.