New Immigration Bureau boss signals new orders so police can easily track down foreign suspects in Thailand

webfact

20 minutes ago, Joules said:

Frankly, I don't like being singled out for extra scrutiny because of my race.   This is no longer a good destination for anybody of European descent.  Not for tourism, retirement or anything else.   Things were different here when I went "all in."  If I had it to do again, I would not choose this place!

I could not agree more with that statement of yours, if only I had known back then what I know now...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

As another old saying goes "Old broom knows all the corners".

Just a pity they don't use brooms much in the RTP.........................

No, but apparently they have plenty of plastic bin bags!

Granted the RTP has it's own share of internal problems but this guy wants to weed out foreign criminals (which is a good thing right?), what's up with the majority of posts here crapping all over the idea? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Considering the amount of people getting back into the country by changing or adjusting their name, they will only be denying idiot criminals entry

I wonder if these tighter measures will be applied across the board, eg JF and the car collectors.

13 minutes ago, bbko said:

Granted the RTP has it's own share of internal problems but this guy wants to weed out foreign criminals (which is a good thing right?), what's up with the majority of posts here crapping all over the idea? 

Implementations in Thailand...

The way to hell is paved with good intentions...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The newly installed immigration police chief wants to create a climate of fear against foreign criminals who are waiting for the opportunity to use Thailand as a base for their operations

I am sure the criminals will be quaking in there boots and looking over their shoulders....Not.  All this will do is that those who are law obeying citizens will be harassed and that 500 baht ticket you got in the mail and forgot to pay on time will be grounds to arrest you and place you in the slammer.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mokwit said:

The chances are that it will affect us in some way - Thailand is not surgical precision it is group punishments.

it willll affect the innocent ones i can see harder measures for us to stay here .... as if there's not enough ..good luck with those millionaires.. 

• Like 2

If knowledge of a tourist's or immigrant's history of activities outside of Thailand is not easily available to the authorities, then there could be a form of neighbourhood watch set up. It could look something like the following; A handful of natives who regularly interact with, or who are geographically (or otherwise) positioned to be able to observe the regular/typical activities of the tourist/immigrant, could be quizzed biannually by authorities for the purpose of ascertaining whether they are "fit for Thailand" or not. Haha... I wonder if that's been proposed in a gov't meeting before.... 

...and heavy gold chain bracelet and necklace, a few heavy rings which could work like knuckle dusters, damaged skin from deliberate "sun bathing" (believing that it looks good in the selfies they send to their kids back home, who are also either criminals by the way or are messed up psychologically from their childhood circumstances), a strong cockney accent if from the UK, preferring to drink imported beer, have an ex-hooker wife, sit in groups exclusively comprised of others with a similar background and mindset, completely mistrusting and wary of Thai men, and probably on some fake documents - if poor and need to work as a teacher then they will have a fake BA/BSc, - if not so poor but still not rich enough for 800,000 then they will have a retirement visa or other non-O visa procured by means of paying an agency that forward cash to a corrupt immigration official. Have I missed anything?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Good!
Far too many foreign criminals floating around in this country. You only have to go to places like Pattaya, and you can spot them from a mile away.

Why go all the way to Pattaya, most are in Bangkok.....

2 minutes ago, OishiRefill said:

...and heavy gold chain bracelet and necklace, a few heavy rings which could work like knuckle dusters, damaged skin from deliberate "sun bathing" (believing that it looks good in the selfies they send to their kids back home, who are also either criminals by the way or are messed up psychologically from their childhood circumstances), a strong cockney accent if from the UK, preferring to drink imported beer, have an ex-hooker wife, sit in groups exclusively comprised of others with a similar background and mindset, completely mistrusting and wary of Thai men, and probably on some fake documents - if poor and need to work as a teacher then they will have a fake BA/BSc, - if not so poor but still not rich enough for 800,000 then they will have a retirement visa or other non-O visa procured by means of paying an agency that forward cash to a corrupt immigration official. Have I missed anything?

yes the fact that you just don't like them and thus accuse them of being criminals -  what ACTUAL EVIDENCE do you have that they are criminals?

• Like 1

That post was humorously replying to the poster who, quite rightly, pointed out another poster that it's not possible to "spot" a criminal from the external appearance. I can't get the hang of the forum 'quote & reply' system. 

Edited by OishiRefill

Just now, mokwit said:

a few heavy rings which could work like knuckle dusters

No, your fingers would break - knuckle dusters have an extension that sits in the palm of the hand and takes the force of the impact - check out the design next time you stroll down lower Sukhumvit - you are obviously a habitue of there or Pattaya or how would you know of this definite 'type'.

• Like 1

Just now, Dambuster said:

Police Lieutenant General Pakpoomphiphat Sajjapan has also revealed that under new entry vetting procedures, Thailand’s Immigration Police can now halt any passenger boarding a plane for Thailand if the person is deemed a threat to the security and well being of the country. 

Someone may need to tell the good Police Lieutenant General that the Thai Immigration Police have no jurisdiction outside of Thailand and cannot halt anybody boarding a plane for Thailand while on another nations sovereign soil. 

Just sayin’

They are just going to do passenger pre-screening using the APIS. Not much else they can do anyhow.

• Like 1