Thai PM confirms Nov 1 reopening, reduced curfew, COE to be replaced with “Thailand Pass”

webfact

On 10/14/2021 at 8:18 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

UK, Germany and, yes!, China are three of them afaik

from the Independent newspaper in UK. The list of nations allowed in includes the UK, as well as China, Singapore, Germany and the US. PM added that more nations would be added to the low-risk list in December. Does beg the question why say 10 countries when he only announces 5 countries.

26 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I’ve heard endless stories of people having problems getting the COE particularly in the UK

It's pretty straight forward. The problems come from trying to rush through it, submitting wrong info etc. I did it with no problems and everyone uses the same website or app 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 2:10 PM, internationalism said:

just an hour ago dr Anutin said about pcr test and one night stay at ASQ hotel.

And earlier today report of 27 countries, with more added in January.

Story changes every day

Just the normal with The Chuckle Brothers, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. ????

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 8:06 AM, BKKTRAVELER said:

If they want tourists on November 1st, they might as well have this Thailand Pass ready by this weekend. Looking forward to the new requirements...

"the government’s “Ease of Travelling” policy" : it is a good thing that ridicule never killed anyone

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bullseye66 said:

It's not a competition to see who has the worst system

As a visitor to the UK a few weeks back I had to self isolate in a hotel for 6 nights and pay about £160 for the 3 tests post arrival, and you think one night is a problem.

My wife came back to UK a few months ago and had to self-isolate. She self-isolated in our house. The only problem was that I had to continue doing all the shopping.  The point is that she (well me actually) did not need to spend any money on hotels.

• Like 1

also its always possible for double vaccinated to pick up a strain during travel, enough to fail the pcr test on arrival, then 2 weeks confinement at asq hotel +large expense+ other unneeded restrictions, my flight was booked for november 2nd and cancelled when they came up with their plan

surely the way ahead is double vaccinated with clear pcr taken within 72 hours before they leave their country to be allowed in with no further restrictions

Edited by bill hill
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

So by what i understand bars restaurants close at 11 at night to 3 am.it may change it has too as the high season get closer.They want tourist then let bars restaurant open like before round 3am  in the morning.It worked everyone made money and were happy and tourist come and spend their money in thailand

Nope no bars or pubs like before, and that is a deal breaker for many of the tourists that come to let down their hair and party away the time because it is their break from work, most are not on family vacations.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Among the measures that will be implemented include those aimed at creating confidence for foreigners looking to come to Thailand, and those aimed at reinforcing the readiness of Thailand in hosting the visitors.

Code for "There will be some form of quarantine".

Totally expected, you only have to look at the rational of 14 day quarantine actually being 15 nights. On that basis no quarantine will mean at least 1 night.

• Haha 2

Boy they love bureaucracy.  In normal times there is a clear list of requirements for entry - these are given to the airlines and if they fail to check the passenger is eligible, they can be fined.

At the moment you have to apply for COE - involving checking your documents.

The airline check your documents again at check in.

Immigration check them again on entry.

Check, check, double check, check again. No need for COE, no need for Thailand Pass - just make sure people know that if they don't fit the bill, they'll be sent home and let the airlines know they'll be paying.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 4:25 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

The UK probably uses one. So the hotel for 6 nights might be because of 3 tests, unlike Thailand's 1 test.

I had to do Day 2 and Day 8 and I opted for Day 5, the test to release, otherwise it would have been 10 days. The Day 5 needs to be a same day test and the only one I could find convenient was result by midnight, hence the 6th night.

Since then a 3 hour facility has opened and I could have been out by lunchtime on the 5th day.

Think I'll check in with Thailand next year till they sort out their flip-flop rules and constant re-branding mess...another Asian country I can go...24-hour curfew, no covid insurance no curfews go anywhere...dirt cheap to stay 9 months.

I just hope these covid restrictions are fully removed next year but somehow I think the insurance requirement will stick and expand to each and every visa as the Thai medical costs are so high relative to to other Asian countries barring Singapore etc.

Just as well it was not a hardcore bioweapon that was released, the world would be over by now..shambles the world over.

58 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

As a visitor to the UK a few weeks back I had to self isolate in a hotel for 6 nights and pay about £160 for the 3 tests post arrival, and you think one night is a problem.

My wife came back to UK a few months ago and had to self-isolate. She self-isolated in our house. The only problem was that I had to continue doing all the shopping.  The point is that she (well me actually) did not need to spend any money on hotels.

It may come as a surprise to you, visitors to a foreign country do not normally have homes there.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 8:28 AM, Sir Dude said:

So, not really much point coming then. You can't expect tourists to come if there is no fun, alcohol in restaurants, pubs/bars, clubs, really free movement etc. etc. plus nanny-squad curfews. Just won't happen... dream on.

Totally agree with you but its not just the current situation.  I don't know if its ignorance or arrogance but they have always had restrictions at certain times of year.

I remember, quite a few years back now, it may have been the King's 60th anniversary (coronation), an election or something - don't remember. I arrived for my usual 2 week stay which this time was a little more - 16 nights I think. The bars are often shut for 2 weekends in December but this time I'm pretty sure they were shut for 3 weekends.  My stay spanned all 3!

Yes its their country and yes, as visitors we need to follow the rules but if they want to attract tourists, they would do far better if they didn't cheese those tourists off.  Sometimes I think they actually believe tourists should consider themselves lucky to be able to visit Thailand - not that they are lucky to receive them. Its a long time since I could be considered as a 'tourist' but if I was and I arrived at a time when clubs and bars were shut, it would leave a bitter taste.

Most Thai's I've talked to also dislike these laws and think they are antiquated and of no use but the law makers seem to live in the past. I'm not holding my breath but there's a slim chance that the closure of the country due to Covid will make the Thai authorities realise that they are dependent on tourism - not vice versa. I place strong emphasis on 'slim' though.

Few of us here could be classed as normal 'tourists' - so we accept these odd customs because we have no choice. 'Normal' tourists may not.

• Like 1

I been spending time in LOS since 2006 and thought what a Wacky place, some Wacky people and some Wacky laws/ ways etc.

Just when you think you have seen and or heard it all (and boy have seen and heard some amazing things over them years both good & bad) yes just when you think you seen it all they come out with this load of claptrap - I know it said daily but you really could not make this up? even the name Thailand 'Easy Pass' PMSL

Are they absolutely stupid, Yes you can come but No bars/clubs or alcohol allowed in the restaurants... Errm... from UK, lets see - few hrs to Med basically normal Hol lots of fun, or troops half way across world to a place under curfew - Not much fun...? Talk about shooting themselves in the foot 555

• Like 2