Thai PM confirms Nov 1 reopening, reduced curfew, COE to be replaced with “Thailand Pass”

webfact

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Utter rot.

The UK has done 316 MILLION tests - or about each UK person 5 times.

Thailand has tested about 15% of the population ONCE

The UK has one of the highest rates in the world for testing its populace. Nearly all other highly developed countries are less than 1 test per person / populace.

and for sure  shows  the real spread of  covid  in a population, Thailand will be riddled with it,  most probably dont even know they have it

• Like 2

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

IMHO there will not be so many voting for them this time.

Remember that the FFP was disbanded and over 6,xxx,xxx young voters were disenfranchised and their votes were lost.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Whenever the election is, you can reckon that the EC will drag it out as long as they can.

Has anybody found full details of how 'Thailand Pass' works?

Please share, thanks.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Seems to me it's more about who will come have holidays in Thailand with the highest volume possible. Otherwise, it would be the Seychelles in front of the UK. Which would make no sense. The US is in the list with 57% fully vaccinated... Low risk countries, right....

That indeed is the case.

they don't want the administrative costs and trouble of including countries from which they will get little return.

And it makes sense , You first pick the low hanging fruit. 

We have business to take care in Greece. but I did not want to go there at this time and do even another quarantine upon my return, so when I saw the news and seen that the US was in the list of qualifying countries, I got excited thinking if the US qualified , surrely Greece would also qualify  since it has comparable vaccination rates but significantly lower per 100K infection rates. 

Sadly Greece was not included , and I will have to wait until perhaps after the new travel system is running, and more countries are added in.

Anyway, we are US citizens , so perhaps we will go to Greece and  then return to the US for a short visit, and return to Thailand from the US????

15 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

<deleted>, sunbeds all booked with towels after 5am then ????

Thank you. They pick the best ones too , closest to pool or Ocean. Leave their " marker" then come back hours later. Sooo polite!  NOT. 

• Haha 1

So by what i understand bars restaurants close at 11 at night to 3 am.it may change it has too as the high season get closer.They want tourist then let bars restaurant open like before round 3am  in the morning.It worked everyone made money and were happy and tourist come and spend their money in thailand

15 hours ago, smedly said:

Thailand is clearly not ready for opening anything while bans curfews and restrictions continue locally

I think this hits the nail on the head. The readiness of any country to accept an influx of international tourists who, in the main, will wish to party to at least some extent and mingle freely, can be judged by the restrictions placed on its own residents. You can make the case that an island like Phuket is a special case because it can be segregated from the rest of the country and different rules applied within its confines, but curfews, alcohol restrictions and entertainment venue closures are a strong indication that the Covid situation is not considered to yet be adequately under control.

but obviously some people will come and maybe 1% of the former level of visitors is better than nothing, but the governments own restrictions indicate Thailand isn’t ready for a mass influx of visitors, so perhaps it’s just as well that it is very unlikely to actually happen.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

So, not really much point coming then. You can't expect tourists to come if there is no fun, alcohol in restaurants, pubs/bars, clubs, really free movement etc. etc. plus nanny-squad curfews. Just won't happen... dream on.

Not everyone’s life revolves around alcohol

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The easing of restrictions, and the lack of quarantine just might attract 100,000 tourists a month. 

Thailand is the land of the forgotten now. Few even remember Thailand. 

Tourism here is forever decimated. When it does return, the numbers will be low. A dozen good reasons for that. 

20211013_133204.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Seems to me it's more about who will come have holidays in Thailand with the highest volume possible. Otherwise, it would be the Seychelles in front of the UK. Which would make no sense. The US is in the list with 57% fully vaccinated... Low risk countries, right....

Well for the last six weeks They  been jammin football stadiums to shoulder without mask by the millions every weekend seems like they know something we don’t know