Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thai PM confirms Nov 1 reopening, reduced curfew, COE to be replaced with “Thailand Pass”

webfact

1 minute ago, Tonypandy said:

All the main British tabloids have been reporting this news, and they have been warning the British public that bars and the serving of alcohol is prohibited until further notice, many suggest holding fire until everything becomes clear

On many fronts I would say biding one's time is the best approach. They have to get this darned Covid pass sorted, the airlines have to get up and running and Thailand has to sort out what tourists can and cannot do when they get here. Thai just announced they are going to reinstate their flight schedules to these countries starting Nov 1st, but it won't be overnight and likely a long time. (They can hardly fly around empty with their financial status). I think air-tickets will be expensive for a while too. 

1 minute ago, Clydesdale said:

Let's see what the requirements of Thailand Pass will be. If it includes ludicrously overpriced insurance or compulsory ASQ forget it.

I suspect they won't want to snatch this Golden Egg laying goose from the insurance companies. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, PickleRick said:

I happen one of those tourists who intend to travel to Thailand early November (6th to be precise) through the Phuket Sandbox and then Bangkok in order to experience a relatively quite Thailand.

Join the club i am flying on the 3rd Nov. Had already changed my accommodation from 2 weeks to 1 week      (some people would of booked the non refundable hotels so would have no options). Presently waiting on  COE to come through. Tests, paid for obviously.(their not going to give me a refund) Too late in the day to change everything

I will just be glad to be back in Thailand and not miss another of my son's birthdays

My only real gripe is that i am on the other side of Thailand. As soon as i arrive i will be planning my flight to Don Muang airport . taxi to Mochitt bus station and finally the bus to Surin. Hopefully i can organise it in a few days (will depend on flight availability)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

On many fronts I would say biding one's time is the best approach. They have to get this darned Covid pass sorted, the airlines have to get up and running and Thailand has to sort out what tourists can and cannot do when they get here. Thai just announced they are going to reinstate their flight schedules to these countries starting Nov 1st, but it won't be overnight and likely a long time. (They can hardly fly around empty with their financial status). I think air-tickets will be expensive for a while too. 

And who is going to book a flight with an airline who cancelled flights last year and have not refunded customers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, internationalism said:

just an hour ago dr Anutin said about pcr test and one night stay at ASQ hotel.

And earlier today report of 27 countries, with more added in January.

Story changes every day

27 countries....

But let's get the first answer, still a mystery as to the 5 additional countries that make up the first list of 10?  

28 minutes ago, Clydesdale said:

Let's see what the requirements of Thailand Pass will be. If it includes ludicrously overpriced insurance or compulsory ASQ forget it.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/10/14/thailand-will-replace-coe-system-with-thailand-pass-application-for-international-air-travelers-from-november-1-2021/

28CCEF76-35A3-4F99-8FF7-DC43BEDCB52E.png

Edited by raccos21
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

If they want tourists on November 1st, they might as well have this Thailand Pass ready by this weekend. Looking forward to the new requirements...

Just remember Guy fox Day 5th Nov get your crackers ready.

So Im confused, if you fly into Thailand and use MIQ you need a COE.

If you enter by sea or land you need a COE.

So what determines flying in requiring a COE and MIQ, is that for the unvaccinated? or those that test positive on arrival? so if your tested positive on arrival, then they must issue you a COE on arrival after testing positive , then rush you off to MIQ at your expense.

Other than that who will want to get a COE rather than a Thailand Pass ????enjoy guy fox.

All answers appreciated, sorry guess's.

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

I see from an article in that unmentionable news outlet that the 10 countries have now been reduced to 5. What's the odds that those five will be reduced down to just Germany by 1st November ?

I thought I saw something in that newspaper as well saying it would be increased to 27, we all wait in suspense for the official declaration.

18 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

UK, Germany and, yes!, China are three of them afaik

Lets get this right...

China is the main target. will however depend on what CCP decides on letting their citizens out.

Long list of 27 countries is more of a camouflage for Chinese, Wonder how many visitors they have had in the past from majority of the countries listed in the additional 20!

• Like 1

So, no glass of wine with dinner, no pubs, no bars, no nightclubs, and off of the streets by 11 or face arrest. That'll draw the millions back. But then, TAT doesn't expect life to ever return to the way it was, according to the opening paragraph of another story today: TAT boss rules out going back to the old Thai tourism formula of crowded bars and nightlife.

18 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

<deleted>, sunbeds all booked with towels after 5am then ????

Sorry, I shouldn't have shamed Germany over their sunbed policy.

It is a shame though that with all their achievements they are best known in the World for being sunbed thieves 

Good at drinking beer a close 2nd to Aussies lol

19 hours ago, webfact said:

the night time curfew will be reduced to 11pm-3am.

The new curfew will be effective from Oct 16 and will remain in place until the end of October. 

With the reduction of the curfew restaurants and convenience stores can now open until 10pm.

However, the sale of alcohol in restaurants is still banned and bars, pubs and nightclubs must remain closed.

It's useless if cannot enjoy an alcoholic drink and discotheques are closed, pay a lot for the fly, for the accommodation, insurance, test and more, anyway...

"The Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has moved to douse expectations after the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday night by explaining that quarantine will remain for at least one day even for fully vaccinated arrivals from five initially approved countries. He also was adamant that there is no going back to the old model of Thai tourism with crowded pub scenes as his agency plans a shift to a higher quality, higher spending, family orientated sort of tourism in the future."???

Edited by farangroby
  • Like 1