Thai PM confirms Nov 1 reopening, reduced curfew, COE to be replaced with “Thailand Pass”

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the Certificate of Entry (COE) requirement for foreign tourists will be replaced with a new web based system called “Thailand Pass”.

A rose by any other name .....

Well letch wait and see what the new web based  system De Jur will be like ,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I wonder how it can work if they insist on PCR tests on arrival. They won't have the capacity at the airport to test hundreds of arrivals and provide the results in a decent time. Only way would be t switch to rapid antigen tests.

Wasn't there talk about 1 night in an ASQ hotel? So, I guess, they'd bus arrivals every 2 hours, or so, to such a hotel, where they would have to wait  for the test results.

1 hour ago, club said:

Also if they are insisting travelers stay one night at a ASQ hotel until test results come in. They might as well turn the airport into a ASQ hotel, But you will be charged 5000 thb for one night. All money will be passed along to government officials in brown envelopes 

I wonder how many of the hotels near the airport are ASH+.

33 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Wasn't there talk about 1 night in an ASQ hotel? So, I guess, they'd bus arrivals every 2 hours, or so, to such a hotel, where they would have to wait  for the test results.

Locked up without even a cold beer 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

During a meeting on Thursday lunchtime (Oct 14), it was also announced that the night time curfew will be reduced to 11pm-3am.

The new curfew will be effective from Oct 16 and will remain in place until the end of October. 

With the reduction of the curfew restaurants and convenience stores can now open until 10pm.

However, the sale of alcohol in restaurants is still banned and bars, pubs and nightclubs must remain closed.

My reading of this was that the new curfew, active until the end of October, increases opening hours until 11PM, but does not include opening bars. Yet.

No reason why that can't be changed in November or December.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

They did a pretty decent job with their Covid jab registry. If they can get the same programmers, it might actually work out.

Not sure if they can get the PM nephew to come back and do the new travel registration system also, he just entered puberty is having a rough time with it. :tongue:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

and the people who voted for them.

IMHO there will not be so many voting for them this time.

Remember that the FFP was disbanded and over 6,xxx,xxx young voters were disenfranchised and their votes were lost.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Whenever the election is, you can reckon that the EC will drag it out as long as they can.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the Certificate of Entry (COE) requirement for foreign tourists will be replaced with a new web based system called “Thailand Pass”

if it is going to work like the 90 days report on line, or the linepay id approval, or other online based systems in thailand, than it is

going to be a nightmare.

at least with COE there is some humans who understand the flows and can smooth curbs, with a (thai) computerised system it is going to be one hell of a mess. the loss is all for thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1