in Thailand as well?

Meat Pie 47

32 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

So maybe this is the wrong place to post this I just wonder if Thailand has controls about food in restaurants I mean quality and cleanliness of foods 

In all fairness, the only time i have every been seriously ill from eating / drinking in Thailand was due to drinking ice cubed water at a monastery ! And not from a restaurant. Something to be said for just leaving it alone, especially when you can see your food cooking infront of you over a fire

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

In all fairness, the only time i have every been seriously ill from eating / drinking in Thailand was due to drinking ice cubed water at a monastery ! And not from a restaurant. Something to be said for just leaving it alone, especially when you can see your food cooking infront of you over a fire

Well I have been in Thailand for many years but I left a few years ago and I have been sick many times even from street food but that is beside the point I just like to know if Thai restaurants (well what you call restaurants) ever get fined for not providing a clean and safe food to eat.

I doubt there are many regulations and if there is, likely little enforcement. I have seen enough food handling and storage practices in Thailand that would probably give a western food safety inspector a heart attack. Have personally had several bouts of food poisoning in Thailand.