Chaeng Watthana Retirement Extension trip

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Has anyone else recently obtained extension (retirement) from non O at CW and had to supply TM30?

I don't think you need a new TM30 report if you have done one before. You just need the receipt for one and a copy of it.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think you need a new TM30 report if you have done one before. You just need the receipt for one and a copy of it.

Thanks however have never done a TM30. 

Has never been required at CW for my annual extensions. 

For my first ever 90 report it was not required nor for when I obtained COR for drivers license.

Even previously when TM30 was required for staying away from residence (different province and even out of country) I never filed one.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That's what I gave her was a copy of my last TM-30 from when I moved into my new Condo 3 years ago.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

OP is it possible to post a copy of this "new format" bank letter (with identifying info blocked out)? Would be useful to have for those of us living in the boondocks where banks are unfamiliar with Imm requirements.

Will do when I get a chance to redact from my copy after I get back home. It is from KBank

• Thanks 1

First time at CW (married extension) I was asked for two copies of everything including every page in my passport. One year bank statement and copies of updated bank book. I did ask why one year of bank records and was told because it's your first time here.  Updated bank book copy on picking up extension after 30 days.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That has been my experience. They have (should have) nothing to do with annual extension.

In my experience it was not required prior to 2019 - but in May 2019 I had to have owner make TM30 report (with 800 baht fine as was about 20 years late) and there were dozens making reports at 4 desks set up for that only - and in June 2019 the copy was required for retirement extension of stay and a copy of that report has been made each year since.  I do not have a lease so that might be a deciding factor on it being required (as married).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

In my experience it was not required prior to 2019 - but in May 2019 I had to have owner make TM30 report (with 800 baht fine as was about 20 years late) and there were dozens making reports at 4 desks set up for that only - and in June 2019 the copy was required for retirement extension of stay and a copy of that report has been made each year since.  I do not have a lease so that might be a deciding factor on it being required (as married).  

This might be incorrect, however there was change in imm boss and the TM30 became the new kid on the block. Places such as CW that had never required tm30 all of a sudden same as most imm offices were hitting folk up for fine. 

I do my extensions every October and missed the "crack down" on TM30. 

So my extension in 2018,19,20 I did not provide TM30.

Will find out next week and give report of my extension CW from non O based on retirement using money in bank method.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This might be incorrect, however there was change in imm boss and the TM30 became the new kid on the block. Places such as CW that had never required tm30 all of a sudden same as most imm offices were hitting folk up for fine. 

I do my extensions every October and missed the "crack down" on TM30. 

So my extension in 2018,19,20 I did not provide TM30.

Will find out next week and give report of my extension CW from non O based on retirement using money in bank method.

Since I do not have a lease for my home, as I own it (Condo), I never thought to ask if that would suffice instead of the TM-30.  Maybe someone could follow up on that and add it to the OP for those who are in the same boat as @DrJack54, and do not have an actual TM-30.

59 minutes ago, overherebc said:

First time at CW (married extension) I was asked for two copies of everything including every page in my passport. One year bank statement and copies of updated bank book. I did ask why one year of bank records and was told because it's your first time here.  Updated bank book copy on picking up extension after 30 days.

It is sad but you just have to go with the flow. 

Would anyone really start being adamant and argue about the rules as written?

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Every year I bring a copy of my lease and my TM-30 to CW for my retirement extension, but keep them in my bag just to see if they will be requested. No officer has ever asked for them.

It may just be certain I/O's and their supervisor that sits at the rear desk in the cubicles and has the final review that has asked to make the package in their view complete.  I know that each office throughout the country has their own rules as well.  I do find it a little disheartening for those that may not have such a form in their large collection of extra stuff we carry with us to immigration just in case something is asked for. 

I always scan my complete set that I am taking with me into a file in my computer and file it away with all of the other pages I have scanned over the years.  That way I have everything, and as people go to CW and more forms are added that we have yet to see, like the 4th form this year that @TallGuyJohninBKK provided after his trip this year.  I print it out scan it in and then add the printed copy to my stack needed for the next year. 

Better to have it all just in case like you say you have but never been asked.  Never hurts to have more than what's actually needed though in my view.  I did over hear the I/O in the next cubicle telling the lady doing her renewal she needed a new photo as the one she had attached was the same as she used last year and was the same one in her passport. 

If they can see this on the computer and thus they see all of our forms, why in Gods green earth are we shuffling back and forth with reams of paperwork.  The back wall in one of the cubicles I walked past was stacked shoulder high with packets provided..........

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Different desks different rules. I did my annual extension last month at CW and they asked for both the TM30 and the TM47.

What was Extension based on. Retirement or marriage?

Not first extension? 

Edited by DrJack54

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What was Extension based on. Retirement or marriage?

Not first extension? 

That may actually be a valid question at this point in time as certain extensions due require additional paperwork, like my Non Imm O-A Retirement extension where I am also required to show insurance.  You would hope that each I/O had a checklist they followed for the different types and then that checklist was the same at all desks but I fear not.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

.  You would hope that each I/O had a checklist they followed for the different types and then that checklist was the same at all desks but I fear not

It's a main bug bear of mine regarding the different requirements at the 70+ immigration offices and sometimes even different at the same office.

Whenever someone asks a question about attending immigration for whatever ...

The first question that folk trying to help ask is .."which immigration office are you dealing with"

It's a joke. You would think that there would be one set of requirements that would be a standard for each and every office or at very least list for each office. 

So just in this thread alone we have posts of TM30 required and 90 report required along with reports of not being required.

Hells Bells.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a main bug bear of mine regarding the different requirements at the 70+ immigration offices and sometimes even different at the same office.

Whenever someone asks a question about attending immigration for whatever ...

The first question that folk trying to help ask is .."which immigration office are you dealing with"

It's a joke. You would think that there would be one set of requirements that would be a standard for each and every office or at very least list for each office. 

So just in this thread alone we have posts of TM30 required and 90 report required along with reports of not being required.

Hells Bells.

Ergo why I always carry everything I have copied over the years in case its asked for.  Another issue is why a hand drawn map if they know where we live and report that every 90 days already.  Duplication of efforts. Alas, I gave up a long time ago and just submit what I see is needed based upon the previous posts.  It is in fact how and why this Forum originally started many years ago.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, ThailandRyan said:

That's what I gave her was a copy of my last TM-30 from when I moved into my new Condo 3 years ago.

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ergo why I always carry everything I have copied over the years in case its asked for.  Another issue is why a hand drawn map if they know where we live and report that every 90 days already.  Duplication of efforts. Alas, I gave up a long time ago and just submit what I see is needed based upon the previous posts.  It is in fact how and why this Forum originally started many years ago.

Thanks for the " Heads Up" on K Bank at CW. I'm going there on Monday for my extension.

• Thanks 1

I'd be happy if BKK CW itself would ever come up with a publicly available list of exactly what documents they want for retirement and marriage extensions.

But in more than a decade living here, I've never seen such a list issued by BKK CW, although I do know other Immigration offices in other cities have produced their own such public lists from time to time.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 12:13 PM, DrJack54 said:

Has anyone else recently obtained extension (retirement) from non O at CW and had to supply TM30?

Just for the record, my retirement extensions at CW have been based on an original B visa... not an O or O-A...  But I don't know that that difference has any significance in regards to the TM30 issue.

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 1:04 PM, Sheryl said:

OP is it possible to post a copy of this "new format" bank letter (with identifying info blocked out)? Would be useful to have for those of us living in the boondocks where banks are unfamiliar with Imm requirements.

I didn't really notice anything "new" about the letter format I received this year in mid-September from Krungsri Bank in BKK.  But here it is (and it was accepted without comment or even much scrutiny by BKK CW Immigration. (The places where I whited out personal details I've noted on the letter with underline markings).

1279812492_KrungsriImmigrationLetter2021-09.jpg.7954d12c3f44de5b02f09050355a6ce6.jpg

I have the impression, each of the major banks have their own format for producing such letters. They don't seem to be uniform among the different banking companies.

For example, @ThailandRyan KBank letter above is in Thai, and mine from Krungsri is in EN, and they don't appear to have the same format. I asked Krungsri this year whether they should produce the letter in TH or EN, and after checking with their head office, their response to me was English.... Who knows!!!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Next year, I suppose, I'll go halfway and bring the 90-day and TM30 slips along with me, but not include them in the packet I submit, and see if the officer asks for them again....  You just never know what they might be up to.

I did not include in paperwork but they have been removed from passport and copied the last several years.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I did not include in paperwork but they have been removed from passport and copied the last several years.

Thanks for the info, Lopburi. That's exactly what happened to me last year at BKK CW...

There seem to be conflicting reports here on the forum lately of whether people are or are not being asked to provide the two forms as part of extension applications.

I've been trying to figure out what way the prevailing winds are blowing on this one.  So every time someone updates their experience with this, it's a useful data point.