Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

6 hours ago, sirineou said:
14 hours ago, leba said:

hahahaha, thank you, I can't stop laughing ❤️

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

There is medication for that.

A troll poster IMO. Destined for my 'ignore users' list toot sweet. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

It is all about the cost. The put all the money into the exterior. It is a decent looking car, for the money. But, under the hood, and in the interior, it is cheap feeling, and low quality. The 1.5 liter engine does not have much power, so it ends up being a decent car around town, but not really on the road. 

Plus, there is no track record. I looked at it, but glad I decided to go with a Mazda. A friend who owns an MG, checked out our car, and said wow, this is a real car. I guess I got fooled! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Mazda what ?  Hope it's not an apples & oranges comparison.  Peeked at the MG3 & 5, and didn't fit in either.  Had a Mazda 2, and apparently they redesigned that, as I couldn't get into the new one very comfortably at all.  Thought that very strange.  For a mere 100k more, got the MG ZS.  Like their truck, and very inexpensive, but I really don't need  a truck.

It performs nicely on the road.  Don't think I need to go any faster than 120 kph, though have at times.  1.5 had decent torque up the hills of Phuket, and certainly didn't struggle no more than any other 1.5, and more than enough for our needs.

Yes, you get what you pay for, actually more when compare MG ZS to comparable sedans in the same price range.   But to other SUVs, no, smaller and less interior fit & finish, but I don't need or want to pay for those extras.   Point A to B, in comfort is all I want and expect.  MG delivers nicely at best price.

Only negative I can think of, for MG ZS is km per liter, we average 11-12.  But designed for E85, so makes up for it in overall cost.

1•5 engines produced can be some of the most efficient engines thesedays take Toyota's 1•5 quite a powerful proven lump but you get some here who have probably never experienced them or just think in terms of a small engine not practibillity.

What they know ain't worth knowing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seedy said:

Price a top line MG SUV

Compare with a Fortuner or MU-X

Not that much cheaper, and the reliability comes into play too.

Which in the long term is unknown.

MG much cheaper than the Fortuner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.5 liter engines - They don't belong in cars, they belong in bikes

All those turbo charged mini motors - the reliability and long life will not be there.

Do to the simple fact that they are working much harder to produce the same TQ as a larger displacement engine.

And that will cost down the road

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

1.5 vs 2.4 ... do you need a 2.4, more apples & oranges comparisons.

Larger engine doesn't mean better performance, if needed to haul the extra weight.

Fortuner - curb wt: 2105-2135 kg

Seats 7 & 80 liter of fuel

Top end MG ZS vs low end F & MU, since mentioned earlier.  Our ZS was sticker priced at 700k, (mid priced model), but on sale at entry priced model / 640k.  Top end model MG in photo.  100K gets you better sound, electric seats & sunroof on the MG. 

No thanks, don't listen to music when driving, don't need to adjust the seat, and would never use a sunroof here.

fgdfsg.jpg

HS is the model to compare

Top spec 1.12 million

Compare that to an MU-X - well, no comparison

Get back to me in 10 years with how long MG's  hold up

The "Haval 6" from GWM is the new MG in case of price. I had a look at them and what you become for 1.2M (top version) is really good. I still like my car more, but for the price I would say it's a very good car you become. And on the street I already saw 3-4 of them driving.
Here are some people who think because it's china everything is bad! If you put away everything from china, I guess your House/condo would be empty as almost everything electric (and also other items) have some or many parts from china in it!

• Like 2

Interesting comments .

MG maybe made in China but so are many Volvo's . Which is also a Chinese owned company  ...to be fair the MG recipe for low cost vehicles does not mean low quality. My UK friend owns an MG HS exclusive which was purchased after testing a Volvo at more money .. performance was much better.. and the new generation EV are proving to compete well in this category. You may not appreciate the Chinese Government but the cars are not that bad. And if course if built in Thailand that will help the Thai economy.

• Like 1

MG Thailand cars assembled in Thailand, company owned by Chinese.

Mr. 7/11 ("I am not a Chinese!" :biggrin:) owning stakes in MG Thailand.

Less "Chinese" than the fancy iPhone (chips produced by TMSC Taiwan, device assembled in red China).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pootegg said:

Interesting comments .

MG maybe made in China but so are many Volvo's . Which is also a Chinese owned company  ...to be fair the MG recipe for low cost vehicles does not mean low quality. My UK friend owns an MG HS exclusive which was purchased after testing a Volvo at more money .. performance was much better.. and the new generation EV are proving to compete well in this category. You may not appreciate the Chinese Government but the cars are not that bad. And if course if built in Thailand that will help the Thai economy.

All valid points - I am not for or against them.

Just doing some comparisons.

HS only launched 2018 - so reliability not established

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, CLW said:

Can't believe you guys are still feeding this troll...

He clearly has no idea about the worldwide automotive industry and just wants to spread some anti-chinese propaganda and hatred.

Yea, he/she probably gets driven by mom.  Or went top end and got a Xiaomi Mi Pro 2 scooter, and put decals on to cover the 'MI' icons.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Wheels are too small.

FOr most the MGs, this has been true. The new MG5 has 17" alloys on top spec, and I had to admit it, looks very nice inside and out. Based on looks I would take it over the Honda and Toyota equivalents.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it's a combination of cheap price, features, and styling that is winning buyers.  They are seeing value for the money and holding their breath hoping for the best on the quality issue.  The new Haval H6 suv looks very nice.  My partner and I will probably stick with Honda.